“This is on the lower end of a Quality Inn!”

Quality Inn & Suites Worcester
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Worcester
“This is on the lower end of a Quality Inn!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel seems to be trying to convert from a Quality Inn to a Suburban Extended Stay. Water hardly drains from tub, furniture is antique motel quality, which shows many battle scars and sets near a clinic with guard s in the parking lot. Please don't waste $100 plus dollars on this property. I spend appx 300 nights annually in hotels, and I'll never return here.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank wynnsts
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Wynnsts:

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We have two different brands in our property, one is the Quality Inn & Suites and the other, Suburban Extended Stay. It is the Suburban Extended Stay side of the hotel that we are currently renovating. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the renovation. As for the Quality Inn & Suites, we have completed the renovation in March 2012 along with newly added lobby and breakfast room. We do hope to see you again soon to showcase our fresh and new products on your next visit.

Kind regards,
Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We actually stayed at the Surburban Inn that shares a builing with Quality Inn, the staff at both desks were very helpful and courteous. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Overall, I would recommend this place for short or long term stays.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Melanie:

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one with the added services such as "Wild Wild West" corporate happy hour every Wednesday partnering with Texas Road House and corporate welcome gifts.

Kind regards,
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

If all you care about is a great bed with clean sheets and fluffy pillows, and friendly helpful front desk clerks, this is the place for you! Had a great night's sleep in spite of slamming doors from other guests.

If you have allergies, however, stay away. The stench of smoke in the hallways is almost overwhelming. Cigarette butts litter all of the entry doors and not just a few... there were piles. The type of people staying here made me feel uncomfortable at times. They advertise coffee as being available 24 hours, but when I poured a cup for myself at 8pm, it was ice cold. The breakfast buffet offered scrambled eggs and sausage, and Light N Fit yogurt, which was nice. (I would liked to have seen some whole grain bread or bagels, not just white.) Replenishment and cleanliness of the breakfast area was very poor. The hallways, bathrooms, carpeting are all in sore need of repair and maintenance. Our bathroom door was damaged (as if someone had kicked it in) and would not close. I can live with everyday wear and tear run-down types of issues, but the cigarette smoke was a major turn off for us and we will not return.

Room Tip: It seems the room balconies and entryways are used by smokers
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Greetings Ms. Patty:

Thank you very much for the compliments you have given and concerns you have raised during your stay at the QI. The entire team is very happy to hear that you had a great night sleep and that they could serve you.

We are working very hard to eliminate all the issues you experienced by motivating guest service agents to go above and beyond keeping intact with replenishments of breakfast, coffee, and the general cleanliness of the lobby and hallways. We also are scheduleing frequent preventative maintenance repairs and special housekeeping projects for both guest rooms and public areas.

We do have a very strict non-smoking policy throughout the hotel and take immediate actions once witnessed. As spring has finally arrived, we are also able to clean up cigarette butts from those melting piles of snow.

Last but not least, I would like to extend an apology for the inconvenience caused and the entire team at the QI hopes that you would give us another chance.

Sales Manager

Travellers are raving about these Worcester hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I am sad to say I will not be returning to this hotel I have been going there for about 3 years and have watched it go through changes. Last year at this time the hotel was great I'm really not sure what happened. Cleanliness has gone done the tubes, Front Desk Agents were dull and drab. Although a few were great. The Manager was not very personable he was very monotone and had no expression not sure if he was listening when my husband talked. I was feeling very unsafe with all the homeless people walking around. I know they change the hotel into 2 different, but it is still the same maybe close the doors to the exits so that it is separate. The rooms need a good dusting and carpets shampooed. I hope that "quality" closes this awful excuse for a hotel.

3 Thank Beth G
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Beth:

First and foremost, I do extend my apology for the inconvenience caused. I am very sorry to hear your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We have gone through a major transition in regards to renovation and exceptional services from staff so we are saddened to hear your feedback. I would be very grateful if you could contact me at ttin-soe@globalvisionhotels.com and further discuss the issues so that I can rectify them. I do hope that you would give us a second chance in the future.

Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

My wife and daughters stayed there for five nights and me and the boys stayed with my dad. The girls stayed there because we have a bulldog and she couldn't stay with dad. The motel allows pets which was great for Ms. Lily! The staff was super friendly and accommodating, especially Kerri upon check-in and Jen at checkout. The hotel isn't five star, but it suits the purpose and there were really no complaints, other than the occasional nighttime loudness, from my wife and daughters. The room was very clean and kept clean throughout the week. My youngest daughter used the gym every morning and enjoyed that. They also had breakfast in the morning, nothing extraordinary, but nice and filling. We'll stay here again, and once again thanks to the staff for their hard work and attentiveness.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Greetings David:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. Our staff takes pride in providing exceptional service with friendly behavior and we definitely feel rewarded and encouraged by such positive reviews. I will go ahead and share your reviews with our staff.
We hope to see you again during your next visit to Worcester!

nh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

We needed a handicap accessible room in a dog-friendly hotel and this fit the bill. The hotel is older, very basic (not even Kleenex in the room), but clean and it was easy to set the room temp to exactly what we wanted (not always easy in some hotels). The staff was friendly, the breakfast OK. It's convenient to the Lincoln Mall.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear cavaliermom:

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and leaving us with a great comment. We are delighted to hear that our hotel could accommodate you with your specific rooming needs. We are a proud pet-friendly hotel in Worcester and our goal has been to provide clean, comfortable, and affordable accommodation together with exceptional services from all of our staff. I will make sure to share this with the team and we are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed here for business and will never stay again. I knew things were going to be bad when I stood in the lobby for 15 minutes waiting for someone to show up to check me in. I ended up calling the hotel and after the phone rang for 5+ minutes someone finally answered and said they would come up to check me in. 10 minutes later they showed up to check me in.

I was given the employees "favorite room" in the hotel since I had to wait to check in. It was her "favorite room" because it had "lots of space." I agree the room had lots of space, that's because it was an after thought at a turn in the hall. The room was large but everything was so far spaced out the room was actually very difficult to efficiently use.

Wi-Fi was terrible if it even worked. The hair dryer in the bathroom didn't work and when I tried to turn it off and back on it fell off the wall. Room was dingy and the mattress was so bad that when I set on the bed to take off my shoes my knees ended up being above eye level.

This place needs a major overhaul of their customer services and basic room items. I will be making return trips to Worcester but I will NOT be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: A room at another hotel will always be better.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank immunis
Tanner T, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites Worcester, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Dear Immunis,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for your experience at the Quality Inn & Suites Worcester. It is certainly not the impression we want our guests to have of our hotel. We will make sure that the guest service agents are aware of your experience, learn from this and provide an exceptional service moving forward. We are also looking to improve our amenities and facilities in every guest room. I thank you for bringing up the quality of the mattress. We have just acquired new mattresses right before the holiday. We would like an opportunity to rectify the situation. Please send us an email at ttin-soe@globalvisionhotels.com so we can take care of this for you.