“Basic and affordable”

Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Centrally located with walking distance to great pubs and attractions. Buffet breakfast included for my stay which is a big help. For those needing a stay close to st Vincent's hospital perfect! It's just across the street. No pool, no umbrellas, limited shuttles when needed, handicap rooms available. I'm truly spoiled wishing for more amenities.

Room Tip: Book early. Clarity type of room required. 4th floor quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy A
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Kathy A,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. I appreciate you taking the time to share some notes about your experience. I am glad that you found our location and breakfast to be so convenient. I also would like to thank you for suggesting umbrellas in our lobby. Since your visit, I am happy to say that we have placed a umbrella stand in our lobby for guest use. :) I apologize that the hotel doesn't feature a pool, and that the shuttle was not available at the times that you requested it.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again next time your travels bring you to the Worcester area.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My stay at the Holiday Inn was ok. The thing that saved this was the service. I especially enjoyed the two breakfast attendants Tiny and Glenda. They were very kind and helpful. Also, the check in desk attendant was wonderful. Very kind, helpful, and knowledgeable.

The television didn't work. So, this was a bummer, but fortunately enough I had plenty of other things to do.

Thanks again to the wonderful workers of HIE. You rock!

Room Tip: The service was great, but watch out for the quality of the room. Check your television before you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank unclejrocks

Dear unclejrocks,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. Although I am very disappointed to hear that you had experienced technical problems with the TV in this room, I am thrilled to hear that the service you received lived up to your expectations. Thank you for the "shout outs" to specific employees. They will be recognized for their superior service at our next staff gathering.

I hope that you will again choose to stay with us next time your travels bring you to the Worcester area.

With Thanks and Hospitality,

General Managerr

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great hotel updated very clean and friendly. I want to give thanks to the whole staff from housekeeping to front desk specially Raul the front desk agent for being very helpful and knowledgeable about the city gave excellent recommendation on where to grab a good bite to eat. Will definitely return and recommend. And i loved how I was recognized for being a gold member my family and I were treated excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Yanii1994,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. We take great pride in our refreshed property as well as our cleanliness and service to our guests. It sounds as though Raul provided you with the service that one should come to expect when staying with us. I appreciate his mention in your review, and he will be recognized for this shout out. We look forward to hosting you again next time you have the need to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

i stayed here recently for work. the front desk staff absolutely bent over backwards to make me feel welcome -- in fact, they saved for me one of their worcester sharks signs when i had inquired about it.
there was a weird issue where the door locks didn't work but again the front desk staff tried to help as best as they could. otherwise everything was great -- new rooms, brand new tv and lots of outlets. i'd recommend it here to someone else coming to the area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear zalky,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester. I'm delighted to hear that you found the level of customer service you experienced to exceed your expectations. I hope you have a great place at home to display that really cool Worcester Sharks sign! I will make sure that Raul receives proper recognition for his hard work and dedication to providing our hotel guests with the very best guest service possible.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Check in and check out was easy!
Tiny, Glenda made our day by packing up a light lunch for us. Thank you for the personal service!
The bed was very comfortable an the pillows made me feel like I was at home.
Everything was clean, lots of room and lighting.
I would recommend staying here again.

Room Tip: we had a room near the drive in, was a tad noisy. but not bad at all!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Nancy B,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, I am so pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. Our team all shares the same values and strives to provide our guest with a best in class experience. Glenda and Tiny will both be recognized for their personalized service that they provided you.

Thank you for your time, and we hope you will come back and see us again in Worcester!

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I was 20 minutes late for breakfast but Glenda went out of her way to get me everything I needed to have a full breakfast and don't know what I would have done without her help. I will definitely be back again for the excellent service I was given.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rk1namja

Dear rk1namja,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent say at our hotel. Our management team is thrilled to hear that Glenda went out of her way to provide you with a personalized customer service interaction. Please know that Glenda will be recognized, commended and rewarded for your comments. Thank for again for your comments, and we look forward to hosting you next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked for a church leadership group, the booking process was smooth and easy. Check ins were quick. The rooms were much nicer than I anticipated, very spacious, clean and modern. Plenty of places to charge phones, nice TV, desk area. Fridge, coffee maker, nice bathroom amenities. Great breakfast the next morning, plenty of options. A great spot if you need to stay in Worcester.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear ahbmom,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you and your group enjoyed our property during your recent visit. We pride ourselves of ease of booking, coordination and communication between departments, and most of all our beautiful new guest room product. We would be happy to serve you and your group again in the future should your event come back to Worcester.

Thanks again for your time and consideration.