“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel; decor is updated, beds comfortable, very nice complimentary breakfast (especially liked the decor of the breakfast area but wished they had provided granola cereal as one of the choices). My only complaints were that the bathroom was quite small and cramped and could have been cleaner (dirt buildup in the corners, etc.) The front desk staff was courteous and friendly and there is an office area right off the front lobby with free internet/computer use and printers. I was concerned with all the hospitals in the area that we would be kept awake from ambulance sirens - but I slept quite well and did not hear any outside noise the entire night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear ERT22,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown during your recent visit to Worcester. I am delighted that you took the time to share some feedback regarding your recent experience. I apologize that our we failed to provide a sparkling bathroom, but will use this feedback to ensure that we put an emphasis on bathroom cleanliness in the future. I am happy to let you know that although we did not have granola during your recent visit, this is something that per your feedback I will be adding to our offerings in the future. I am glad to hear that you found our front desk agents to be friendly and polite as our service, and a good night of rest is always our top priority.

We hope to see you again the next time you have a need to stay overnight in our city in the future.

Jonathan Buck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 May 2014

As a District Manager (Portsmouth, NH) who has travelled all over the Northeast & Midwest, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Worcester, MA Downtown (110 Summer St.). Easy on/off from I-290, very friendly and helpful staff, clean, big rooms where a person on business can really spread out. Great set up all around for conducting business-good breakfast along w/convenient 99 Restaurant and Starbucks next door. All the staff is very friendly-makes staying in Worcester an easy decision. Plan on trying out the Conference/Board Room in May.

Room Tip: The rooms I have been in have all been mostly the same.
1 Thank Cronan S
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Cronan S,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I am so very happy to hear that you found our location to be so convenient, our staff to be friendly and personable and our rooms as clean as you expect. We too hope that we can accommodate a future meeting in our newly renovated meeting space.

We appreciate your feedback and value your business. I hope we can continue to serve you well into the future.

Massapequa, New York
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Holiday Inn express is usually a great value. This location was sub par and less than clean. The cleaning crew did not choose to look behind the bathroom door when they cleaned, hair and dust on the floor. The lock on the room door and been previously busted open and you could see where it was literally glued back on and so it was difficult to open, and I thought they could be potentially dangerous in the case of a fire. The black out curtains did not fit the window letting in very bright light at night. The green light in the hallway was also very bright and shone under the door into the room, The bathroom sink had an extremely slow drain causing high water in the sink, the bar soap they provided was detergent like, sheets were wrinkled, and the breakfast was pretty awful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TeriV18
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear TeriV18 -

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester. Although it is our goal to provide a "best in class" product, it sounds as though your experience left you somewhat dissatisfied, and I would like to first apologize for this. My team and I will address the concerns you expressed which include some guest room comfort issues, slow draining plumbing, as well as the broken door lock. I will also review the quality of the soap and the breakfast bar as well.

Thank you again for making us aware of these deficiencies. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.

Southampton, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Centrally located with walking distance to great pubs and attractions. Buffet breakfast included for my stay which is a big help. For those needing a stay close to st Vincent's hospital perfect! It's just across the street. No pool, no umbrellas, limited shuttles when needed, handicap rooms available. I'm truly spoiled wishing for more amenities.

Room Tip: Book early. Clarity type of room required. 4th floor quiet.
1 Thank Kathy A
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Kathy A,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. I appreciate you taking the time to share some notes about your experience. I am glad that you found our location and breakfast to be so convenient. I also would like to thank you for suggesting umbrellas in our lobby. Since your visit, I am happy to say that we have placed a umbrella stand in our lobby for guest use. :) I apologize that the hotel doesn't feature a pool, and that the shuttle was not available at the times that you requested it.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again next time your travels bring you to the Worcester area.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My stay at the Holiday Inn was ok. The thing that saved this was the service. I especially enjoyed the two breakfast attendants Tiny and Glenda. They were very kind and helpful. Also, the check in desk attendant was wonderful. Very kind, helpful, and knowledgeable.

The television didn't work. So, this was a bummer, but fortunately enough I had plenty of other things to do.

Thanks again to the wonderful workers of HIE. You rock!

Room Tip: The service was great, but watch out for the quality of the room. Check your television before you...
1 Thank unclejrocks
Dear unclejrocks,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. Although I am very disappointed to hear that you had experienced technical problems with the TV in this room, I am thrilled to hear that the service you received lived up to your expectations. Thank you for the "shout outs" to specific employees. They will be recognized for their superior service at our next staff gathering.

I hope that you will again choose to stay with us next time your travels bring you to the Worcester area.

With Thanks and Hospitality,

General Managerr
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great hotel updated very clean and friendly. I want to give thanks to the whole staff from housekeeping to front desk specially Raul the front desk agent for being very helpful and knowledgeable about the city gave excellent recommendation on where to grab a good bite to eat. Will definitely return and recommend. And i loved how I was recognized for being a gold member my family and I were treated excellent.

• Stayed March 2014
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Yanii1994,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. We take great pride in our refreshed property as well as our cleanliness and service to our guests. It sounds as though Raul provided you with the service that one should come to expect when staying with us. I appreciate his mention in your review, and he will be recognized for this shout out. We look forward to hosting you again next time you have the need to stay with us.

Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 March 2014

i stayed here recently for work. the front desk staff absolutely bent over backwards to make me feel welcome -- in fact, they saved for me one of their worcester sharks signs when i had inquired about it.
there was a weird issue where the door locks didn't work but again the front desk staff tried to help as best as they could. otherwise everything was great -- new rooms, brand new tv and lots of outlets. i'd recommend it here to someone else coming to the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear zalky,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester. I'm delighted to hear that you found the level of customer service you experienced to exceed your expectations. I hope you have a great place at home to display that really cool Worcester Sharks sign! I will make sure that Raul receives proper recognition for his hard work and dedication to providing our hotel guests with the very best guest service possible.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.