“Helpful Staff, Nice Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed last week for 3 nights while on business in Berlin-Boylston. The two ladies at the front desk were especially cheerful and welcoming. I commented that they were lucky to be required to wear such cute uniforms. The colors matched their positive attitudes. When we asked for restaurant recommendations they wasted no time sharing a typed list of at least 12 choices and then proceeded to suggest their favorites. We ate at the top three suggested and enjoyed some terrific meals while visiting Worcester. My room (404) is modern with relatively new furnishings and included a fridge.

The gentleman managing the front desk at 5:15 AM was kind enough to give me a route that would be acceptable for a morning walk. I took 2, 3 mile walks very early in the morning and felt safe walking the streets in this city. Every evening we walked to our restaurant destinations. This hotel is in a nice, central location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear cmclauss,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive service experience in our hotel. We strive to provide our guests with a best in class experience on a daily basis. Our recent efforts of training our staff to always exceed out guests expectations appear to be paying off. And yes, I myself are a big fan of a professional and fun looking front desk uniform, so I am happy to hear that you liked them as well.

I hope that next time you are in need of lodging in Worcester, I am personally able to provide you with additional dinning recommendations as Worcester does have some great choices!

Thanks again for staying with us and for sharing a little bit about your recent visit with the TripAdvisor community.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Pleasantly surprised with this hotel; decor is updated, beds comfortable, very nice complimentary breakfast (especially liked the decor of the breakfast area but wished they had provided granola cereal as one of the choices). My only complaints were that the bathroom was quite small and cramped and could have been cleaner (dirt buildup in the corners, etc.) The front desk staff was courteous and friendly and there is an office area right off the front lobby with free internet/computer use and printers. I was concerned with all the hospitals in the area that we would be kept awake from ambulance sirens - but I slept quite well and did not hear any outside noise the entire night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear ERT22,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown during your recent visit to Worcester. I am delighted that you took the time to share some feedback regarding your recent experience. I apologize that our we failed to provide a sparkling bathroom, but will use this feedback to ensure that we put an emphasis on bathroom cleanliness in the future. I am happy to let you know that although we did not have granola during your recent visit, this is something that per your feedback I will be adding to our offerings in the future. I am glad to hear that you found our front desk agents to be friendly and polite as our service, and a good night of rest is always our top priority.

We hope to see you again the next time you have a need to stay overnight in our city in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

As a District Manager (Portsmouth, NH) who has travelled all over the Northeast & Midwest, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express Worcester, MA Downtown (110 Summer St.). Easy on/off from I-290, very friendly and helpful staff, clean, big rooms where a person on business can really spread out. Great set up all around for conducting business-good breakfast along w/convenient 99 Restaurant and Starbucks next door. All the staff is very friendly-makes staying in Worcester an easy decision. Plan on trying out the Conference/Board Room in May.

Room Tip: The rooms I have been in have all been mostly the same.
1  Thank Cronan S
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Cronan S,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I am so very happy to hear that you found our location to be so convenient, our staff to be friendly and personable and our rooms as clean as you expect. We too hope that we can accommodate a future meeting in our newly renovated meeting space.

We appreciate your feedback and value your business. I hope we can continue to serve you well into the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Holiday Inn express is usually a great value. This location was sub par and less than clean. The cleaning crew did not choose to look behind the bathroom door when they cleaned, hair and dust on the floor. The lock on the room door and been previously busted open and you could see where it was literally glued back on and so it was difficult to open, and I thought they could be potentially dangerous in the case of a fire. The black out curtains did not fit the window letting in very bright light at night. The green light in the hallway was also very bright and shone under the door into the room, The bathroom sink had an extremely slow drain causing high water in the sink, the bar soap they provided was detergent like, sheets were wrinkled, and the breakfast was pretty awful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TeriV18
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear TeriV18 -

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester. Although it is our goal to provide a "best in class" product, it sounds as though your experience left you somewhat dissatisfied, and I would like to first apologize for this. My team and I will address the concerns you expressed which include some guest room comfort issues, slow draining plumbing, as well as the broken door lock. I will also review the quality of the soap and the breakfast bar as well.

Thank you again for making us aware of these deficiencies. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Centrally located with walking distance to great pubs and attractions. Buffet breakfast included for my stay which is a big help. For those needing a stay close to st Vincent's hospital perfect! It's just across the street. No pool, no umbrellas, limited shuttles when needed, handicap rooms available. I'm truly spoiled wishing for more amenities.

Room Tip: Book early. Clarity type of room required. 4th floor quiet.
1  Thank Kathy A
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Kathy A,

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. I appreciate you taking the time to share some notes about your experience. I am glad that you found our location and breakfast to be so convenient. I also would like to thank you for suggesting umbrellas in our lobby. Since your visit, I am happy to say that we have placed a umbrella stand in our lobby for guest use. :) I apologize that the hotel doesn't feature a pool, and that the shuttle was not available at the times that you requested it.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again next time your travels bring you to the Worcester area.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My stay at the Holiday Inn was ok. The thing that saved this was the service. I especially enjoyed the two breakfast attendants Tiny and Glenda. They were very kind and helpful. Also, the check in desk attendant was wonderful. Very kind, helpful, and knowledgeable.

The television didn't work. So, this was a bummer, but fortunately enough I had plenty of other things to do.

Thanks again to the wonderful workers of HIE. You rock!

Room Tip: The service was great, but watch out for the quality of the room. Check your television before you...
1  Thank unclejrocks

Dear unclejrocks,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. Although I am very disappointed to hear that you had experienced technical problems with the TV in this room, I am thrilled to hear that the service you received lived up to your expectations. Thank you for the "shout outs" to specific employees. They will be recognized for their superior service at our next staff gathering.

I hope that you will again choose to stay with us next time your travels bring you to the Worcester area.

With Thanks and Hospitality,

General Managerr

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great hotel updated very clean and friendly. I want to give thanks to the whole staff from housekeeping to front desk specially Raul the front desk agent for being very helpful and knowledgeable about the city gave excellent recommendation on where to grab a good bite to eat. Will definitely return and recommend. And i loved how I was recognized for being a gold member my family and I were treated excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Yanii1994,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. We take great pride in our refreshed property as well as our cleanliness and service to our guests. It sounds as though Raul provided you with the service that one should come to expect when staying with us. I appreciate his mention in your review, and he will be recognized for this shout out. We look forward to hosting you again next time you have the need to stay with us.