“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Worcester
Yorktown, Virginia
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I travel a lot and normally don't stay at Holiday Inn. I was pleasantly surprised with this property and people. Their service is very personal that is rare these days. This was nice and very accommodating place to stay. Manager Jonathan Buck was awesome-Thanks!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Sveta B,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your busy day to share feedback regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. It was truly a pleasure getting to know you and provide you with a daily ride to your work location. The team and I share a vision that our key to success is to deliver the highest level of personalized service to our guests. I am very happy to hear that we met and or exceeded your expectations.

I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again the next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

Jonathan Buck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
St. Louis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Pleased with my first stay; Atilya phone manner/public relation skills motivated me to choose this hotel option offering group rates. Due to Atilya's and Alajuan's on site desk services, I already began promoting this hotel. Glenda and Tiny provided an enjoyable, accommodating breakfast presence, with spot on service. (RA,512)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Joseph-Thom,

Thank you for providing positive feedback about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. The team and I are thrilled that you provided some great "shout outs" to some very talented and hardworking individuals among our staff. We are happy to host folks like yourself that take the time to post positive feedback. I will make sure to recognize the staff member mentioned at our next employee engagement event.

I hope we have an opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Well I would to first off say that the staff was so friendly during my stay. Mrs. Tiny and Mrs. Glenda had the breakfast food up on time by their scheduled hours. These two ladies always had a smile on the their face and always greeted me with professionalism and curiosity. The breakfast was always cooked perfect. They went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. If I was their boss they would get a raise. The front desk personnel were very friendly as well. I checked in very quickly and was in my room before I knew it. They also give me good Ideas were to eat inn the local areas. On a scale from one to ten I give this hotel a 10. It is so hard to find great customer service these days but I found it here. Thank for the great stay and i will return in the future.

Thanks again,

Richard

Room Tip: The lower level corner rooms are very spacious.
1 Thank Richard M
Dear Richard M,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay at the new Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We truly appreciate the positive feedback. Glenda and Tiny are both treasured asset to the Hotel as they get up early every morning 365 days a year to provide our guests with a fantastic breakfast offering. Your praise of their service is so very much appreciated and they will be recognized for this at our next employee gathering for this.

We can't wait to accommodate you the next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am here attending a conference at a local University yet the commute is challenging in the morning and evening as I do not know the area. I asked if the shuttle would bring me and pick me up at the end of the day. The manager went out of his way to make sure I got there, even staying later at work to make this happen. He then asked if I needed this service the rest of the week. I am so thankful and appreciative of this as it has reduced my anxiety and allowed me to focus on enjoying my conference and my stay at this hotel. I have never experienced this type of gesture at any other accommodation in my travels. I highly recommend this hotel if you are attending conferences, visiting the many universities in the area or simply exploring the city! Also the beds are very comfortable!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear 413Holly,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our property. It has truly been a pleasure to serve you during your recent visit to Worcester. We are thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed our property and our level of individualized service to our guests. The team and I share the vision of service to our guests being one of our top priorities. Also, so happy to hear that you enjoyed our comfy Simply Smart beds.

I truly hope that we have another opportunity to serve you again the next time you find your self looking for an overnight in Worcester.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I must say that Brittney was very nice and helpful. The problem was my room. The air/didn't work and the unit was extremely loud. I was here on business and it was important for me to sleep. After the first night I asked that it be addressed. The second night it was just as bad. Very loud and no air was circulated. I was hot and woke with a headache. At checkout there was a young man who was neither friendly or helpful. No "how was your stay" or "thank you for staying with us" I left very disappointed and will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Aimeev3495
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Aimeev3495,

I want to first sincerely apologize that we failed to properly rectify this issue for you the first time you reported it to the hotel staff. I can certainly understand how frustrated you were to come back to a problem that should have been resolved. Second, I'm sorry that you found our front desk clerk to not be as welcoming as he should have been. I would like to know more about your visit ie dates of stay, and room number. If you would be so kind as to call me at 508-757-0400, or email me at jbuck@globalvisionhotels.com it would be extremely helpful in determining what went wrong, who was involved and how we can use this as an example to avoid similar occurrences in the future.

I appreciate you taking the time to share this information, and please know it will be addressed internally. I hope you will re-consider and give us another opportunity to serve you in the future when your travels bring you to Worcester.

Warm Regards,

San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

The bride's brother booked a block of rooms here for people going to the wedding. Just off Interstate 290, very comfortable beds, nice full breakfast, friendly staff, reasonably priced. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Hi KathyinCostaRica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. We are delighted to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and our location ideal for your event.

I hope you consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to Worcester Mass!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The pros: Reasonable price, satisfactory rooms, free breakfast, most staff was helpful with the problems that could be addressed, Starbucks next door.

The cons: Two rooms were on different floors even though reserved together a year in advance on the first day they had taken reservations for graduation weekend. One was a handicapped room and the other was supposed to have a cot, but had a crib (!) instead and was next to the elevator.
Tiny window (not that there's anything to see.)
Alarm went off at 6am (when they prepare rooms, why can't hotels ever check to make sure those things are off?)
Security bolt slid shut and locked me out of my room (never had *that* happen before), and the key cards didn't work another time.
Not sure about those hockey pucks they call omelets in the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Check in time may affect the choice of rooms you get.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tlevien
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear tlevien,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your recent visit at our Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I'm happy to hear that you found the hotel to be reasonably priced, with satisfactory rooms and our location to be so convenient to the local eateries.

I apologize that some areas of your experience could have been better. We always attempt to satisfy all requests on reservations, however, the graduation weekend which you stayed with us is the busiest weekend of the year. My apologies that your requests were not granted. I will review with my team the importance of granting these requests when they appear on future reservations. Additionally, I was made aware of the latch issue with your room. This rarely does happen, and when it does, our staff has been trained on how to resolve this issue in a timely manner. I would welcome additional feedback about our breakfast that we could forward onto the brand for consideration.Please feel free to email me directly at jbuck@globalvisionhotels.com and I will make sure that they are passed along to the proper person at the corporate level.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time your travels bring you to Worcester Massachusetts.