“Nicely Renovated”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Nicely Renovated”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently booked 4 hotel rooms (1 suite and 3 standard rooms) from this property for my wedding. The suite was spacious, very clean, and newly renovated. The standard rooms were also clean and comfortable. Great location, walking distance to one of the cities best restaurants Metzcal. Free breakfast, free parking, friendly staff, what more could you ask for. We also were given a huge tray of cookies with a congratulations for our wedding sweet touch from the management. We were very happy with our stay, only downside no pool but other than that no complaints.

Room Tip: The suite is fantastic, reasonably price I would suggest the upgrade
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear DKC6714,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. Congratulations again on your wedding. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations, and found our property to be so fresh, clean, modern and comfortable. The team and I strive for to provide our guests with best in class product and service on a daily basis.

I apologize that the property does not feature a pool, perhaps this is something ownership can consider for future property improvements.

Jonathan Buck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Claremont, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here during graduation weekend for Clark University and the hotel was booked full. I would say that overall, it was a very good stay. Walking distance to some very good restaurants and close to most other major attractions. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was fine. However, I would say that despite my mostly positive report, there were a few issues they should work out. On our second night, our air conditioning went out and the shower curtain rod was about to fall off. We were moved to a room right next door where the air did work, but the staff never responded to the shower curtain rod. I heard one guest complain about vending machines not working and am not sure that issue was resolved. I got a little bit of a sense that the staff might have been still working things out after their recent renovation- They still seemed a bit in "renovation mode," but overall, the hotel handled a very busy weekend well and it was a good value for our needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RJF4590
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear RJF4590,

Thank you for sharing some feedback regarding your recent experience that the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I am delighted to hear that you found the location to be so ideal and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I apologize for having to be relocated to another room due to issues with the air conditioning and shower rod. I have already checked to make sure that both of these issues have received the attention they deserve and both have been fixed as of this point. Thank you for bringing this patter to our attention. It is always our goal to provide our guests with a "perfect" room, but on occasion, if something goes wrong, it is the quick reaction / remedy to the problem that becomes our focus, and most important addressing the guests needs.

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. I hope that you will provide us another opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hey folks. To start with, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't care much about the strength of the coffee at breakfast, or if the person at the front desk looked at me cross-eyed once (although for the life of me, I can't figure out why they'd choose neon chartreuse, purple and dark blue for the corridor carpeting!). I was born and raised in Worcester, and in visiting family over the past 13 years, I've stayed at every hotel in the city at least once. The usual standbys, the Marriotts (Residence Inn and Courtyard) were all booked up this week, so I had to try something different. Expectations for this Holiday Inn Express were low, but I was really quite impressed. First, it's really clean. That's basic. The rooms are updated, modern, clean, spacious, and the beds were really great! Neither too hard nor too soft. Super pillows, marked firm and soft so you know what you're getting.The flat-screen TV had all the device ports easliy reachable from the desk, so if you want to hook up your laptop and play games/stream movies, it's easy. Breakfast was surprisingly good (better than the free one at Beechwood! - omelettes, sausage links, turkey sausage, pancake maker, gooey warm soft cinnamon buns, plus the healthy stuff lol). Best for me, the temp control unit allowed the fan to stay on at all times (with the a/c cutting in and out to keep the desired temperature which you can actually control!), making white noise throughout the night. I really loved that. The place was busy but super-quiet, much more than the Residence Inn. For a carless New Yorker, having a 99 and a Starbucks right next door is a plus. Anyway, to sum up, I would very gladly stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Always best to minimize the chance of getting Mr and Mrs Klomp over your head.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Augie1715
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Augie1715,

I am so happy to hear that you gave our property a shot over our neighbors and had such a positive experience! We are thrilled to hear that you found so many of our amenities to be as good as if not better than some of the other hotels in our area. I too am the type of person that needs that fan running all night to get a good nights rest so I can completely relate to this. I am delighted that you found our Express Start breakfast bar to be satisfactory. We recently added the healthy options because we listen to our guests and this was a common comment that was being made.

I hope that the next time you are in Worcester visiting your family, you will again choose to stay with us.

Peabody
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just stayed here during Democratic Convention.2nd closest to DCU center. Free breakfast and parking. Very clean and excellent service staff. Booked full for convention and all handled excellent. I have stayed here under 2 other names and this has been the best. There is a 99 restaurant through back door for that missing bar & restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear VolvoGuy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester. I am delighted you enjoyed our hotel during your recent visit during the Democratic Convention. The team and I work diligently on a daily basis to provide our guests with the very best service and a clean comfortable room.

I appreciate that you have stayed with us in the past and would hope that you consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here recently for business. The room was nice and the staff was always friendly plus the Wi-Fi was fast.
One issue I had was that the keys that they use are very sensitive so they will demagnetize in a heartbeat! I had to get mine rekeyed twice during my stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Cornejo1,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to share some notes regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Worcester. I am very happy to hear that you found our rooms to be nice and our staff to be friendly. Those are a couple of our primary goals as hotel operators. Our wifi is pretty quick as we recently upgraded our bandwidth from our provider to allow our guests to have the best browsing / working experience possible in a day when our devices demand more connectivity then ever before.

I must admit that we are aware of a slight issue with our key cards and are working diligently with the vendor to rectify this problem as soon as possible. I appreciate you letting me know that you experienced this problem.

Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you again stay with us the next time you are in need of an overnight in Worcester MA.

Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I travel a lot and normally don't stay at Holiday Inn. I was pleasantly surprised with this property and people. Their service is very personal that is rare these days. This was nice and very accommodating place to stay. Manager Jonathan Buck was awesome-Thanks!

Dear Sveta B,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your busy day to share feedback regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. It was truly a pleasure getting to know you and provide you with a daily ride to your work location. The team and I share a vision that our key to success is to deliver the highest level of personalized service to our guests. I am very happy to hear that we met and or exceeded your expectations.

I hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again the next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

St. Louis
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Pleased with my first stay; Atilya phone manner/public relation skills motivated me to choose this hotel option offering group rates. Due to Atilya's and Alajuan's on site desk services, I already began promoting this hotel. Glenda and Tiny provided an enjoyable, accommodating breakfast presence, with spot on service. (RA,512)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Joseph-Thom,

Thank you for providing positive feedback about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. The team and I are thrilled that you provided some great "shout outs" to some very talented and hardworking individuals among our staff. We are happy to host folks like yourself that take the time to post positive feedback. I will make sure to recognize the staff member mentioned at our next employee engagement event.

I hope we have an opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.