“Great stay at Holiday Inn Worcester”

Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Brights Grove, Canada
“Great stay at Holiday Inn Worcester”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife, so and I made the pilgrimage to Worcester for The Magic, The Gathering card tournament. The hotel was very conveniently located to the DCU Centre, and easy walk to Main Street. I'm a Starbucks junkie so having one located literally out the back door was a bonus.

The hotel was clean, staff friendly, and the hot breakfast buffet was better than average. We had a western omelette w/ cheese one day.

David W.
Sarnia Ontario

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear David W,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share some highlights of your experience while visiting Worcester for the Magic the Gathering event this past weekend. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our breakfast to exceed your expectations! I hope that you will again choose to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express the next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.

Jonathan Buck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My husband had a 4 day work engagement in Worcester so I thought I'd join him to see the sights. Work put us at the holiday inn ....after 2 nights we moved hotels instead of remaining the 4 nights!! While the hotel is updated and clean, and the bed comfortable the walls are paper thin and the bathrooms are only big enough for 1person at a time!! We are small people and felt like we were in a cracker box!! The rooms next to us were occupied by much younger people who have different sleeping schedules than us. We are 50 and usually young minded, however we felt as if we were in the frat house the two nights we were there!! Not our cup of tea anymore! The hotel is inexpensive and that's probably why the younger crowd flocks here....never again!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Khalsteadtx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post feedback regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. Thank you for letting us know that you felt your room met and or exceeded your cleanliness expectations. I am sorry to hear that you found yourselves next to noisy neighbors that did not allow yourself to relax and enjoy your stay. I am disappointed to hear that it resulted in having to depart early to find alternate accommodations. I wish you had brought this to my attention, as I would have happily relocated your room and done whatever it took to make you more comfortable.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

After traveling 11 hrs due to several transportation amenities check in was great, also offered water, greatly acknowledged as a member and holiday inn employee. Later had to help finish preps for wedding and also drive to New York and return we're exhausted laid on a very comfortable bed and then have an awesome breakfast, coffee w/flavored creamers was nice and all the varieties of fruit and pastries and eggs and meats w/ choice toasts, what caught my eye was the pancake maker(wow 2 thumbs up),the variety of tv channels was nice. Beautiful area. Being that I'm an employee some ideas are going back with me to suggest as I will recommend this a good place to stay.again, thanks. Ruben

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Ruben G,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your visit and were able to relax and make the final preparations for your big day in comfort. I hope that you provide us with the opportunity to serve you again the next time your travels bring you to Worcester.

New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel is fine. Nothing fabulous, nothing over the top. Simple. Bathroom in our king room was very small, but again not a major issue. We fought with our AC the whole weekend too but were assured it was working. I was a bit concerned that there was a fairly large gap at the bottom of our door- just for safety, etc. I was with my husband so it was fine, but I would've been uncomfortable had it just been me. The breakfast was great for being "free". Try a cinnamon bun :)
Overall a fine trip as we were in for a baseball tourney and were not in the room much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear maestra611,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I would first like to apologize for the problems that you experienced with the air conditioning in your guestroom. Our front office team probably should have offered you a room change. I will address this review with the team at our next meeting to discuss how this can be better handled in the future. Thank you for your positive feedback about the breakfast bar. And yes, I agree with you. Every guest should try our popular hot cinnamon rolls! :)

I will be sure to take your feedback into consideration and do anything I can in my power to resolve your concerns for our future guests.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you need an overnight in Worcester.

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently booked 4 hotel rooms (1 suite and 3 standard rooms) from this property for my wedding. The suite was spacious, very clean, and newly renovated. The standard rooms were also clean and comfortable. Great location, walking distance to one of the cities best restaurants Metzcal. Free breakfast, free parking, friendly staff, what more could you ask for. We also were given a huge tray of cookies with a congratulations for our wedding sweet touch from the management. We were very happy with our stay, only downside no pool but other than that no complaints.

Room Tip: The suite is fantastic, reasonably price I would suggest the upgrade
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear DKC6714,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. Congratulations again on your wedding. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations, and found our property to be so fresh, clean, modern and comfortable. The team and I strive for to provide our guests with best in class product and service on a daily basis.

I apologize that the property does not feature a pool, perhaps this is something ownership can consider for future property improvements.

Claremont, California
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here during graduation weekend for Clark University and the hotel was booked full. I would say that overall, it was a very good stay. Walking distance to some very good restaurants and close to most other major attractions. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was fine. However, I would say that despite my mostly positive report, there were a few issues they should work out. On our second night, our air conditioning went out and the shower curtain rod was about to fall off. We were moved to a room right next door where the air did work, but the staff never responded to the shower curtain rod. I heard one guest complain about vending machines not working and am not sure that issue was resolved. I got a little bit of a sense that the staff might have been still working things out after their recent renovation- They still seemed a bit in "renovation mode," but overall, the hotel handled a very busy weekend well and it was a good value for our needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RJF4590
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear RJF4590,

Thank you for sharing some feedback regarding your recent experience that the Holiday Inn Express Worcester - Downtown. I am delighted to hear that you found the location to be so ideal and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I apologize for having to be relocated to another room due to issues with the air conditioning and shower rod. I have already checked to make sure that both of these issues have received the attention they deserve and both have been fixed as of this point. Thank you for bringing this patter to our attention. It is always our goal to provide our guests with a "perfect" room, but on occasion, if something goes wrong, it is the quick reaction / remedy to the problem that becomes our focus, and most important addressing the guests needs.

Thank you for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown. I hope that you will provide us another opportunity to serve you the next time your travels bring you to Worcester MA.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Hey folks. To start with, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't care much about the strength of the coffee at breakfast, or if the person at the front desk looked at me cross-eyed once (although for the life of me, I can't figure out why they'd choose neon chartreuse, purple and dark blue for the corridor carpeting!). I was born and raised in Worcester, and in visiting family over the past 13 years, I've stayed at every hotel in the city at least once. The usual standbys, the Marriotts (Residence Inn and Courtyard) were all booked up this week, so I had to try something different. Expectations for this Holiday Inn Express were low, but I was really quite impressed. First, it's really clean. That's basic. The rooms are updated, modern, clean, spacious, and the beds were really great! Neither too hard nor too soft. Super pillows, marked firm and soft so you know what you're getting.The flat-screen TV had all the device ports easliy reachable from the desk, so if you want to hook up your laptop and play games/stream movies, it's easy. Breakfast was surprisingly good (better than the free one at Beechwood! - omelettes, sausage links, turkey sausage, pancake maker, gooey warm soft cinnamon buns, plus the healthy stuff lol). Best for me, the temp control unit allowed the fan to stay on at all times (with the a/c cutting in and out to keep the desired temperature which you can actually control!), making white noise throughout the night. I really loved that. The place was busy but super-quiet, much more than the Residence Inn. For a carless New Yorker, having a 99 and a Starbucks right next door is a plus. Anyway, to sum up, I would very gladly stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Always best to minimize the chance of getting Mr and Mrs Klomp over your head.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Augie1715
Jonathan B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Augie1715,

I am so happy to hear that you gave our property a shot over our neighbors and had such a positive experience! We are thrilled to hear that you found so many of our amenities to be as good as if not better than some of the other hotels in our area. I too am the type of person that needs that fan running all night to get a good nights rest so I can completely relate to this. I am delighted that you found our Express Start breakfast bar to be satisfactory. We recently added the healthy options because we listen to our guests and this was a common comment that was being made.

I hope that the next time you are in Worcester visiting your family, you will again choose to stay with us.