All reviews cinnamon buns dcu center front desk walking distance off the highway turkey sausage pancake machine room was clean few machines free breakfast right next door housekeeping staff the location is perfect the hotel manager mini fridge the entire staff pleasant stay
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I booked 10 rooms for my daughters wedding, I received an upgrade after I had to ask for it, no problem there. We were upgrade to a suite, which was large, had a separate bedroom and had 3 sinks which was awesome for getting ready. However, the couches were ripped, the pull out couch was so old, that my daughter slept at an angle her feet where higher than her head!

The room needed a good paint job, peeling wallpaper in the bathroom.

I will say the staff was great and accommodating, the free breakfast was good, the usual free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Richard W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Greetings Janice:

This is Richard Walker with The Holiday Inn Express Worcester. On behalf of the management and staff at The Holiday Inn Express, I would like to apologize for issues you experienced with the couches and wall paper in the room. I have gone ahead and shared your comments with our head of maintenance and we will follow up asap.

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We hope to see you again the next time your travels take you to Worcester.

Richard Walker
Manager
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel for business on the evenings of July 10th and July 16th. When I arrived the first time I had to wait at the Front Desk for about 10 minutes to check in. When the young man arrived he said nothing about my having to wait. What he did say was that I had to allow a $50 charge as a security deposit on my reservation "in case I trashed the room". I told him I was not comfortable with that and he said, "You really don't look like the type that would trash the room, but it is mandatory". I asked if they could just keep my credit card number on file instead and he said no. I told him I was concerned that it would not come off my account as I have has this happen with other hotel chains (which I now don't frequent) and he said not to worry, it would come off in a few days. It is still on my credit card after 21 days. Since I knew I would be returning the following week I asked not to be assigned room 18 (the one closest to the gym) as the air conditioner kept me up all night.

When I checked in on July 16th I advised the front desk associate that I did not want the $50 deposit charged to my room as the one from the prior week was still on my credit card. She said, again, it was a separate reservation and that it was mandatory. That charge is still on my account after 15 days.

I decided to try the Holiday Inn brand based on a recent ad campaign which made the chain look warm and welcoming. Unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations and I will likely not use your brand in the future.

The charges finally came off but I contacted the Hotel Manager, the Regional Sales Director, the Regional Operations Director and finally the Director Customer Experience Optimization at InterContinental Hotels Group. I received no apologies for my disappointing experiences which made the whole experience worse.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Kris1230
Reviewed 3 August 2018

good check in. very good free breakfast. clean room and nice bed. comfortable swimming pool. kind and considerate staff. pleasant stay. just why i stay at the holiday inn. not in a great area for eating out so we ordered in.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank calvin r
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My experience with hotel and management was not good although the front desk staff that interacted with us were very nice. I reserved a room with two queen size beds for my college age son and myself. We were given a room with a king size bed and had to return to the front desk to ask for what we have reserved. We were switched to a room with two queen size beds but with a broken AC. After a couple of hours we were offered a room with an operating AC but only one bed and they didn’t have the two bedroom that we reserved. I asked for the manager and one was not available. Very frustrating experience that lasted hours to get sorted out. In addition, I found long strands of hair on two pillows which grossed me out as the first thought that came to mind is that perhaps they were used by previous guests.
I was charged the same as the two queen size bed room, although we had to share a bed. No offer to charge me the lower amount for the room I got.
Good luck if you choose to stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Greetings Giselle:

On behalf of the Management and Staff at The Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, I would like to apologize for the inconsistencies in service requests that you experienced during your stay with.

I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager and the front desk team member that you encountered during your stay. We will ensure that the next time you visit the Worcester area to see your son in college we will have a room ready for you with all of your requests in tact.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our front desk staff and we hope to see you in the very near future

Richard Walker
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Pros
Location is Central to Worcester area including downtown, hospitals and Lake Quinsigamond
Near Shrewsbury Street restaurants
Clean
Decent breakfast of predictable

Cons
Immediate area is not walkable to anything

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for writing about the hotel. Our location is very convenient and within walking distance of the DCU Center, The Palladium Theater as well as a number of restaurants including The 99s which is behind us - as is Starbuck's. We will keep the hotel clean and the staff friendly.