“Wedding Party Accommodated”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
Toms River, New Jersey
“Wedding Party Accommodated”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The entire wedding party stayed in the hotel. The staff and service was wonderful. They blocked out our rooms and furnished gifts made by the bride as we checked -in. They staffed the bar late night so we could have a intimate after wedding party. We stayed in the hotel for two (2) nights before heading into Boston for the weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JimmyG15
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Worcester, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Jimmy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as part of a wedding party. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Best,
Socrates Ramirez, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Had two rooms as a small group stayed one night for a conference. Easy to get to and lobby area was quite nice. Friendly staff and easy check in. Rooms were on first floor just off the lobby and the door to shut off the hallway from the lobby was propped open. A bit loud and could hear people walking, etc. above you. Although at initial glance, the rooms were nice, one room had food and garbage under one bed and the other had a toilet paper dispenser that fell off the wall with one touch. Beds were relatively comfortable but harder to sleep with the noise. Excited for the pool but it was really tiny (think two hot tubs put together) and in full view of/from the lobby with glassed in walls/doors....so never used it. They should consider frosting these windows and doors like they did with the work out room.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first floor and ask for a room on the back side...we were facing the main road and pa...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pancan1
philadelphia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here in early December and found the hotel to be average at best. The upside was my room, 402, had a balcony, which I really love in hotels. The shower also had hot water and the water pressure was good. The downside was the room wasn't completely clean. Maybe there was a very hairy person who stayed here before me, but I found hair throughout the room. Although, none in the bed, which was good.

If it wasn't for the location I wouldn't have stayed here, but since I am a loyal Marriott patron, this was my only choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank creece007
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This hotel was recently renovated and therefore when we walked into the room it looked as if we were the first guests to stay there. Everything was spotless and the beds very comfortable. Traffic noise was not noticeable despite being so close to a major highway.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bonjour_Voyageur
Houston, TX (live here, not from here!)
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Big variance between Courtyard Marriotts. The one at Boston airport two nights ago had complimentary, delicious coffee and cream in pitchers in the lobby; soft, high-quality bed pillows; a mattress pad so comfy I pulled back the sheet to look at it; and a firm mattress that did not jiggle every time I moved.

This Worcester Courtyard Marriott makes guests pay for every cup of coffee in the lobby. Yes, there is a one-cup dispenser with powdered cream in the room, but it isn't gracious or tasty for two people (you get two pods of regular, one pod of decaf). The bed jiggled every time we moved--not even the same feel, no matter how much Marriott says its beds are standard. The cover on my bed is unstitched with the stuffing falling out (photo). The pillows are flat. I am fairly sure someone has smoked in this room #430, as we must run the fan constantly to keep the odor less present. The "duvet" on the bed reaches only about two inches past the top edges of the bed (on the sides), so it cannot create a warm seal; perhaps it is not king-sized? No extra blanket in the room. No hair dryer in room. The towel is what my partner calls a "dog towel"--thin (almost see-through in places), with stitching unraveling on multiple edges (photo). Mold lives at the corners of the "remodeled" bathroom (photo). A consultant has definitely moved through this operation, trimming out any possibilities of extra cost to the facility--and with it, most common aspects of graciousness. The problem is, I am not interested in surface remodeling. I am interested in depth of quality hospitality experience. I will definitely be looking for other options in Worcester.

On the plus side, it is located within an 8-minute walk of the WPI campus (I came for parents' weekend). The staff person at the "bar" in the lobby was lovely. The staff at the front desk are lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MountHolyokeMom
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Worcester, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your feedback is very important as providing a quality guest experience is our top priority. I'd like to start by apologizing for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay.

In response to guest feedback, we'll be resuming complimentary coffee in the lobby in the coming weeks. As for the issues you encountered with the room amenities, I will share this information with the housekeeping team to ensure that any problems are resolved.

Socrates Ramirez, GM
Marietta
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Recommend! Good location to downtown - just updated the interior and all rooms. Free parking, but unfortunately no continental breakfast (I think it's $10/person). I stay here regularly and find the staff helpful, engaging and welcoming. Can't go wrong with this place!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KRY15
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Lobby renovation is spectacular. Tons of seating. As I speak we are spread out watching the World Series. Lots of seating areas and tvs. Bar and nice breakfast area. And the rooms are great. Especially nice is a mini fridge and microwave in the room...But......
1. Where is my complimentary morning coffee? I wandered down this morning looking all around for what I've come to expect at every Marriott Courtyard-- free coffee but it was no where to be found. Now there is a nice breakfast area with food and Starbucks coffee but I felt as if the rules had been changed without me knowing.
2. Parking is an issue here during busy times. We were here for parents college weekend--fully booked hotel and they had a party here. I have to give props to the manager who moved her personal car so we could park but guest after guest was coming in and asking where to park. I'm not sure how they figured that all out.
3. Elevators broke and remained broken. Not the hugest of problems for us but if I couldn't climb stairs it's been out the entire day --12 hours plus both elevators.

I know I will stay here again. The hotel has too much positive with great staff and I am a huge Marriott fan.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family