“Great stay”

Courtyard Worcester
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

The front end staff greeted me immediately upon my arrival. They were very helpful with any request that I had. I used the shuttle service to get to the train station to go into Boston. The shuttle driver was very prompt in getting me there and picking me up later in the day. I stayed in a room with two queen sized beds. The room was spacious and clean. There is a small swimming pool and work out area available. The bistro and bar area were decorated with contemporary furnishings that were inviting after a long day.

Stayed: February 2014
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing us with feedback regarding your experience. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Thank you for recommending us to the TripAdvisor community and we look forward to hosting your next stay in Worcester.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

I've traveled to Worcester every month for the past six years. I actually stumbled upon the Courtyard after disappointing service at another Marriott property. It's funny how things are meant to be - upon arrival I knew that this was going to be a good fit for me. The staff was welcoming and the hotel had everything that a business traveler needs. The rooms are not fancy or plush, but they are comfortable and clean. The bistro provides a go to option after a long day of work. The front desk staff is helpful and friendly. Overall, it's a great option for those who travel and find themselves in the Worcester area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Decided to spend the night in Worcester as we were meeting family and friends for Worcester Shark game. Awesome front desk service, well appointed hotel, great room layout and shuttle service to downtown venues. Shuttle only ran until 10:45, yet after a night out on the town, very easy to get a cab back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the 5-star review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our proximity to the DCU Center and our convenient shuttle service. We appreciate the feedback and hope you'll visit us again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here for one night for a nearby gymnastics meet (myself & 2 kids) and could not have been more pleased. We travel relatively often, and have been disappointed at times, but not with this property.

The staff at reception was warm & welcoming, and the lobby area recently renovated with clean, modern décor.

Because of other reviews (claiming noise) we requested a room on a higher floor facing the back. We did get a room on the top floor (4) but we did not get the back facing room. A big snowstorm was just arriving, and the roads were pretty bad...I think because of this there was less traffic on the street than there normally would be, plus the snow dampens the sound. So street noise did not disturb us, but this might have been a different story under normal circumstances, as the road below looked like a main thoroughfare.

The room was fabulous. We LOVED having a microwave in the room, in addition to the fridge. We had planned accordingly, and had packed some pasta bake to nuke for dinner, and fruit & yogurt for breakfast. It was wonderful not having to trudge out for dinner (especially with the snowstorm and 2 kids) and I had purchased my Dunkin Donuts coffee, stored it in the fridge, and nuked it in the morning. Happy happy happy. (yes there is a coffee maker in the room, but I'm a die-hard DD customer)

Some folks had complained about a lack of free coffee in the lobby...since I had my DD I didn't think to check if that had been changed, though I know in previous posts the management had mentioned they would be adding it back.

Everything in the room was great - the beds were comfy, I loved the lightweight coverlet instead of those heavy bedspreads one always wonders how often really get laundered...these obviously were easy to change & launder. (another reviewer complained about the bedding - I found it the opposite)
The lighting was fabulous - typical of a hotel (I wish I had such good lighting in my house! I even peeked under the shades to see what kind of lightbulbs they were) My daughter was able to do her homework on the bed in good light... there is a desk, but she's a kid. The desk by the way was great, there was a shorter one that pulled out to the right height for a laptop, and the chair was very comfortable.
The ihome alarm clock was also a pleasant surprise...the girls were able to charge their ipods and use them for wake up alarm just like at home.
The heat adjusted perfectly with the thermostat on the wall, and the unit was very quiet. The closet held an iron, and there was a hairdryer in the kitchenette/sink area with the towels. (unlike another reviewer who said she had no hairdryer - it's in a cloth bag on the bottom shelf, not attached to the wall, so maybe she didn't see it?)
The sink area was very nice, but my only complaint (if you can call it that) was the closeness of the faucet to the edge of the sink. It looks great, but you hit your hands on the back of the sink and splash water. In my mind, if this is the only fault you can find with a hotel, you have found a really good hotel!!

We had to leave really early in the morning (hence our yogurt & fruit breakfast in the fridge) so we did not try the breakfast. Nor did we experience the bar or pool, though I can say the bar & lounge area looked very nice. Parking for us was not a problem.

I must also mention - when we left in the morning, about a foot of snow had fallen overnight. I went out to clean the car, and the gentleman clearing the walkway graciously offered to help. It is that kind of hospitality that one remembers. Not just from the reception staff (which one would expect) but even the guys clearing the walkway.

I'm sure there will eventually be another meet in the area, and I will not hesitate to book this hotel again. Next time I'll probably try a little harder for that back-facing room though!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Stanzi,

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review our hotel and share your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and plan on returning. We strive to provide every guest with a memorable experience and we're happy to have succeeded. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

The entire wedding party stayed in the hotel. The staff and service was wonderful. They blocked out our rooms and furnished gifts made by the bride as we checked -in. They staffed the bar late night so we could have a intimate after wedding party. We stayed in the hotel for two (2) nights before heading into Boston for the weekend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JimmyG15
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Courtyard Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Jimmy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as part of a wedding party. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Had two rooms as a small group stayed one night for a conference. Easy to get to and lobby area was quite nice. Friendly staff and easy check in. Rooms were on first floor just off the lobby and the door to shut off the hallway from the lobby was propped open. A bit loud and could hear people walking, etc. above you. Although at initial glance, the rooms were nice, one room had food and garbage under one bed and the other had a toilet paper dispenser that fell off the wall with one touch. Beds were relatively comfortable but harder to sleep with the noise. Excited for the pool but it was really tiny (think two hot tubs put together) and in full view of/from the lobby with glassed in walls/doors....so never used it. They should consider frosting these windows and doors like they did with the work out room.

Room Tip: Do not stay on first floor and ask for a room on the back side...we were facing the main road and pa...