“Great Lunch!”

Peppercorns Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppercorns Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 593 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Downing
Description: Peppercorns Grille and Tavern is a family owned Italian style restaurant located in Worcester, MA. Great selection of your favorite foods, wines and craft beers.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I'm a beer guy so anytime I travel to a new city I'm constantly looking for breweries, brewpubs, and good beer bars. My fiancée and I were in Worcester for my daughter's graduation and when I discovered where The Wormtown Brewery was we just had to have lunch at Peppercorns. First and foremost the beers were excellent. I would love to spend a half day there just drinking their fresh brews. The waitress at Peppercorns was very friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and plentiful. My fiancée, my daughter, her boyfriend, and I all agreed that this place was a do over and I would not hesitate to recommend Peppercorns to anybody traveling through Worcester.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife & son had dinner with our granddaughter the night preceding her college graduation. The restaurant was her choice. Everyone ordered different entrees. Everyone was very pleased, This was our second visit in the four years our granddaughter had been at Clark Univ.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

First time eating off the full dinner menu. The seafood risotto had a generous amount of seafood. The stuffed salmon special was great as is the bread. I would definitely return. They do need higher quality silverware.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I already wrote a review for this place for their fine dinners. I recently had my first brunch there, and it was out of this world!!! Again, generous portions and EGGselent flavor. I had the stuffed French toast and it was to die for. Peppercorns never ceases to amaze me....The eggs Benedict was great too!!!!!!

1  Thank Rocky C
Thomas O, Owner at Peppercorns Grille & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Rocky,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review.

Customers like you make doing business a real pleasure.

Tom Oliveri

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I chose this restaurant out of ALL of the places I could have chosen to spend my $200.00 for five people in Worcester. If you are looking for the type of relaxed "dining experience" that I enjoy...this is not the place, the server rushed us from the start. I made a reservation for a Sunday at 5:30 p.m. and upon arrival we were the only people seated in the dining room--so no need to be rushed by our server, Nicole.This was our first visit to this place, which is a forty-minute drive from where we live near Gardner. I had heard from friends that this place was "good," so my expectations were not high to begin with, which accounts for the further level of disappointment I felt. I don't think I'm a "foodie," but I do dine out weekly and I expect to get what I pay for.

Atmosphere:The atmosphere is "okay," but as another reviewer said, the lighting is awful, although the lighting fixtures are nice. The decorating is minimal, which makes the place look like they just moved in and have not had time to finish setting up the place. Everything seemed clean enough.

As stated in other reviews the food is average, but the service is lacking.

Service: Nicole was our server. It occurred to me that perhaps she is new at this job or that she has not put in the effort that a server should to earn her money at work. She took our drink orders and ran off before we could put in for apps. She returned with drinks (which she placed on top of our menus) took the app order, and at the same time tried to take our dinner order. AFTER returning with apps, she brought bread. The worst thing she did was to not pay attention to our complaints and to take our dishes away while we were still eating. I made the mistake of putting down my fork to take a drink and she came and said, "can I wrap that?" Umm, sure-- I guess I'm done.

Last night I paid $20. for a seafood risotto that had inedible under-cooked risotto. I also paid $9.25 for a simple dirty martini that for some reason tasted sweet! In ten years of ordering a martini it has never been sweet. She took it back for 30 seconds and I believe it just had olive juice added to the glass. She said, the bartender thought the shaker must have been at fault from a previous drink. REALLY???

Despite our complaints, a manager never approached the table and we did not feel we should have to ask for one. In all, we spent too much money on food that was average for the most part and well below average on the things mentioned above. There are too many restaurants around that area for me to return.

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write your thorough review, we appreciate the constructive feedback.

Your issues with the service, atmosphere and food quality are all taken very seriously and will be addressed with our management.

Tom Oliveri