“A gem...”

Peppercorns Grille & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Peppercorns Grille & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 582 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Downing
Description: Peppercorns Grille and Tavern is a family owned Italian style restaurant located in Worcester, MA. Great selection of your favorite foods, wines and craft beers.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great atmosphere, good food, nice wait staff and reasonable prices for the size of the meals. They have a great Swedish Fish Martini!!! Definitely recommend them!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The menu selections were plentiful, the prices were exceptional and the food was excellent. Our server was patient while we made up our minds and continually made sure we were taken care of without being obtrusive. I'm not sure what it would be like at night as we have always stopped for lunch. When it is busy it can be a little loud so keep that in mind if you are looking for a nice place to have a quiet conversation with your dinner companions. If you go early or after the lunch crowd you'll have no trouble having a nice visit with friends or family. Except for the noise during the busy time it is well worth going so just plan to go a little earlier or later.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The wait staff was competent, but not wonderful. However, the food was delicious!
2 of us had meals from the Lobster mania menu. The lobster Mac and Cheese was fantastic!
2 of us had personal pizzas, which were very large, and tasted great.
We did not get appetizers or desserts, so I'm hesitant to give a rating of "Excellent"

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Arrived early for supper before a meeting - about 5. Bar was hopping but dining room was not.
The server was prompt and friendly. In reciting the specials not on the menu she said the words "lavender salmon" and hubby and I knew what I was getting.
first she asked if we wanted bread ( YES!) and brought a lovely loaf of italian with an oil dipping sauce that was smooth yet somewhat garlicky with a pinch of something HOT. just a pinch - it was there on the back of the tongue - very nice.
Although both hubby and I were SURE she said the lavender salmon had avocado, it did not - but it was wonderful. It was done just right and on a bed of really good greens, caramelized onions, lovely grilled orange and yellow peppers and a great couple of portabellos. I brought half home and had it the next day - just as good. Really VERY VERY good.
Hubby ordered the Code Blue burger. The fries were awesome - so good he ate them all first (with occasional theft by me) while they were hot to enjoy them more. The burger had great stuff on it and was fresh and good looking.
Now - here's the disclaimer - I raise 100% grass-fed, top notch beef. So I am a little picky on my beef - but not snobby - there are plenty of restaurants with traditionally raised beef that I think do a great job.
but not this burger.
it's texture was ok - but it had no taste. NADA - none, zilch - like nothing. not good, not bad - just like nothing. we both felt that way.
I don't know where they got it or what they paid for it but my bet was they ran out and ran to Aldi's for some frozen 2.99/lb burgers. Really - it just had nothing.
that said - we would go back in a heartbeat - but not for burgers!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I'm a beer guy so anytime I travel to a new city I'm constantly looking for breweries, brewpubs, and good beer bars. My fiancée and I were in Worcester for my daughter's graduation and when I discovered where The Wormtown Brewery was we just had to have lunch at Peppercorns. First and foremost the beers were excellent. I would love to spend a half day there just drinking their fresh brews. The waitress at Peppercorns was very friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and plentiful. My fiancée, my daughter, her boyfriend, and I all agreed that this place was a do over and I would not hesitate to recommend Peppercorns to anybody traveling through Worcester.