“So Impressed!”
Review of Liberty Hill Inn

Liberty Hill Inn
Reviewed 2 September 2008

We stayed at the Liberty Hill Inn for a long weekend and were expremely impressed! We have stayed at a number of B&B's in the past, and I can truely say that this inn goes up and beyond your expectations. We arrived late on Friday night, and John had called a local restaurant and had them stay open a bit later to seat us for dinner. He also surprised us and purchased the NYTimes for us one morning. He also drove us to and from the ferry and planned out spots for us on a drive around the Cape. The rooms were clean and beautiful. They even provided towels and chairs for the beach. There was port and sherry available every night. The breakfast was delicious. We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: August 2008

Reviewed 1 September 2008

What a wonderful inn!

We spent a magical weekend at this B&B, in the Chase room.
The room was spacious, comfortable and well decorated (antiquey feeling without resorting to the chintzy-rosebud look of so many inns). It was also absolutely spotless, with a comfortable bathroom containing a whirlpool tub (note: this is a single person tub). The only difference between what was advertised on the website and what we got was the fact that the room did not seem to have a DVD player (whereas the site claims there is one in every room). However, this is a very minor issue, and we ended up being happy about it because instead of watching movies we spent more time enjoying the place.

But what really made the stay was the wonderful service, especially from inn owners John and Kris. When we got in, Kris was just taking fresh cookies out of the oven and while we got to taste them straight away, the rest were put in cookie jars in both lobbies (of the main house and the carriage house). The supply of cookies was changed and refurbished each day.

Our hosts had plenty of suggestions for dinner locations and things to do around the cape and gave them generously and with a smile.

Breakfasts were sumptuous and delicious, and we needed no lunch to get through the day. When we came back in the afternoon we were surprised to discover a basket of fruits, granola bars and bottled water awaiting us in the room, just when we needed a little refreshment. In general, service by the entire staff was impeccable and made us feel right at home.

We cannot reccomend this place enough! It was everything a good inn should be, a perfect combination of high quality, good service and a genuine feeling that people care about you. It really made our stay in the Cape something special!

Reviewed 30 August 2008

The Liberty Hill Inn is a very special place; the warm, inviting décor, the friendliness and welcoming nature of John and Kris and the most amazing breakfast you will ever have, all combine together to create a magical and wonderful getaway. My husband and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Liberty Hill Inn on three occasions so far, the first was our very first weekend trip together where we discovered the charm of LHI, the second trip was the weekend that my husband proposed to me and then our third and most recent trip, in August, was our wedding and reception, which was held at the Inn. The gorgeous landscaping and the grand eminence of the home made for an absolutely perfect back drop for our special day. This truly is a tranquil and authentic Cape Cod gem. We found exactly what we were looking for, and so much more, at Liberty Hill Inn. Here is to many more years of wonderful vacations at L.H.I.!

Reviewed 20 August 2008

We booked a stay at Liberty Hill on my son's recommendation,(he was getting married at a nearby chapel) and both of us couldn't have been more pleased. John and Kris, the owners, were so gracious and enormously helpful to us, novice Cape Cod tourists.
John supplied us with maps for places to visit, booked us a reservation, and made us as welcome as if we were family.
The rooms were spotless and beautifully appointed. We had the Cranberry Room, with a queen canopy and spacious bath with a clawfoot tub. All the furniture and linens were of the finest quality.
Breakfasts were substantial and delicious. Lori especially liked the fresh fruit every morning. I loved the muffins.
In our rush to leave, I left behind my cell phone. We contacted John who offered to send it to us, back here in Oregon, and the phone arrived the day we returned. John wouldn't hear of taking any payment for that exceptional service.
What more can I say? We'll be recommending the Liberty Hill Inn to anyone traveling to the Cape and we'll be coming back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2008

All that I have read here is oh so true. On this trip we stayed at 3 different b&bs with our 9 year old son and this one was the BEST! We will return to this one and not the other 2. As of now we can only hope for the excellent treatment we received @ LHI at other inns. Can't wait to return for another good night's sleep in their comfy beds, eat their scrumptious breakfast and relax in their home!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank kittytrips
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Liberty Hill is a beautifully run B&B. The house is lovely and well maintained. The rooms are extremely comfortable and well appointed. Every inch of the house is immaculate! The breakfasts are amazing and the inn keepers (Kris and John) are more than hospitable. They are very warm and friendly and you feel as if you've known them for years. They truly know how to run a top notch B&B. This is likely one of the best values on the Cape.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CTMANN
Reviewed 27 July 2008

I just spent a great weekend at the Liberty Hill Inn and would like to add my praise to the many well-deserved and favorable reviews here. I travel for my job across six continents and always stay in hotels, inns, apartments, etc. I chose the Liberty Hill Inn for my vacation and couldn't have picked a better place. Upon entering the Inn you step into a lovely decorated room with inviting warm colors and a big grand piano. A great entrance to a wonderful home. My room was perfect. I have dust allergies and requested hardwood flooring so I was given a great room in the carriage house. The entire room is well-maintained, extremely clean and dust free. The bathroom is spotless, the white tiles and grout look brand new. How do they do that? The jacuzzi tub was sparkling! Air conditioning made the room very comfortable on a hot humid weekend and the bed was unquestionably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Triple sheeting, plush duvets and pillows and a memory foam mattress made me sleep better than I have in quite some time. The fireplace is a nice addition and makes me want to return in the colder weather. Breakfast at the Liberty Hill Inn is superlative. The coffee is perfectly wonderful and I had three great, well prepared breakfasts on the three different mornings of my trip. John is a great host - always filling cups, making sure everyone is ok and mixing conversation with all the guests. It's like a big happy family. I'm not always up for this in the morning but it just felt natural and fun and the other guests were very nice and engaging to speak with. Kris stayed in the kitchen and created marvelous plates like baked nectarines, soft fluffy waffles, egg and cheese casseroles, muffins and truly amazing hot, fresh, home made scones. Everyone was most excited about the food here and commented on breakfast as being a particularly wonderful addition to the Inn. As far as comfort you can't choose a better spot. I even noticed a room across from mine catered to guests in wheelchairs. The construction of the buidling is good and noise levels are never a problem. I am a very picky customer when it comes to hotels and travel and found the Liberty Hill Inn to be an exceptionally run and comfortable place to stay. I will definately be back.

• Stayed: July 2008
#2 of 6 in Centerville
The Old Manse Inn
The Old Manse Inn
#3 of 10 in Brewster

Been to Liberty Hill Inn? Share your experiences!