“Did you know???”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Although they don't take reservations you can call 30 minutes in advance of your leaving the house to let them know you are coming to the restaurant and they will set a table aside for you.
We went with another couple and got seated right away on a Tuesday night at 6:00 pm. On Cape Cod that must be a record.
The waitress was prompt and friendly and gave us time to chat and look over the menu.
beverages were served quickly and we took our time getting around to ordering. The waitress brought over a basket of assorted rolls. The wife and I had clam chowder and it was very good. Lots of clams, very thick and creamy.
I ordered the reuben and the wife ordered the steak tips. Our friends ordered scallops and chicken cordon bleu. Everything arrived together and as requested. I love reubens and use it to judge how good the restaurant is. If they do a good job with this sandwich you can count on everything else being equally good. That standard held true again, Our friend's meals were very large looked tasty. The wife's tips were cooked perfectly and tasted great. My reuben was so big I couldn't finish it and took half home for lunch tomorrow. The meat was nice and juicy and the rye was lightly grilled.
No rush on finishing up and paying the check.
It was a very friendly experience with good friends, good food and great service.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Went last night around 7:30 Sunday Aug 24th. Hostess sat us (5). I did notice she was short with two other parties of (2). Plenty of tables but made them wait about 15 mins told them to "sit over there". Our waitress was average. Seemed a little put out, I will give her the benefit of the doubt --end of season late on a Sunday night. Food was great. I had the fired clams. Huge bellies, tasty and homemade tartar sauce. The steak tips were great. Tender and tasty. Clam chowdah was also very good. Atmosphere was good. I have had the pizza on a take out day and that was very good also. Prices were average

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A gig "shout out" for Oliver's! We needed somewhere to meet at about 3 pm on an August afternoon. We'd planned on afternoon tea at Optimist Cafe, but they shut just before 3 pm (duh!) and had no ideas for us. We tried Old Yarmouth Inn, but they turned us away - they had many staff around, but still would not even seat us just for tea or coffee. Oliver's saved the day!

There was no one else in the restaurant, and they had no 'afternoon' menu, but they happily served us drinks and snacks (the breaded fried clams were excellent). Our waitress never bugged us, but was always there when something was needed. Buy the time we left at 5:30 pm, the restaurant was full! We'll definitely go back to Olivers.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A group of 5 of us went to Oliver's Tavern on a Thursday evening and were delighted there was only a 20 minute wait. The bartenders were courteous and friendly. When seated, the waitress brought rolls and checked if any of us had questions about the menu. The menu has a selection for everyone's taste. The Mahi that I had was very tasty, but the Haddock with maple was overpowering in maple flavor.

Overall, I'll go back but look forward to seeing what else is in the area in the same price range.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

If you like terrible food with terrible service in a cafeteria atmosphere, this is the place! Our waitress was thrown off by a table of 7 ( we were a table of 2) whose order she got wrong! Bread did not come with the salad, the shrimp cocktail was over done, the salads ordinary and dirty dishes and glasses were left on the table. After a long wait my wife's order was wrong! How anyone goes back to this place with all the choices there are on Cape Cod is a mystery. We will never go back and will warn all our friends and guests to "stay away"!