“Amazing experience!”

The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Blushing Oyster for a long weekend away. It was fantastic! Holly is an amazing hostess and an excellent cook! The home is beautiful and so comfortable! It is in a beautiful location as well. We love the location on 6A as well. Cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wellfleet!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Blushing O, Owner at The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

I'm so pleased that you both had a wonderful time here on the Cape.
I enjoyed hearing about all you did each day during your special visit.
Thank you for choosing The Blushing Oyster and I look forward to seeing you again.
Best, Holly

There are newer reviews for The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 3 June 2013

What a lovely escape! The fresh flowers throughout, the comfy living room, the beautifully decorated house--all combined to make our two-night stay truly special. Holly, the new owner, is an experienced innkeeper and accomplished cook--the breakfasts on both days were delicious, and she was more than willing to adapt to our dietary needs. On Wednesday night we enjoyed live jazz at the nearby Lyric restaurant, owned by a talented singer (who also performs on weekend nights) and on Tuesday night we revisited an old favorite restaurant down the road, the Yarmouth Inn. Yarmouth Port was quiet and charming, but if you want a lot of activities it's only a short, pleasant drive down to the Hyannis area or Orleans. My husband and I look forward to visiting the Blushing Oyster again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and charming with private baths. We stayed in the Blue Point, on the second...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Blushing O, Owner at The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review of The Blushing Oyster. I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself and getting to spend time talking with both you and your husband was a treat.
Hope the new knitting project is a success. I look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Cape. Be well.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Loved staying at the Blushing Oyster! Holly is a very sweet lady and will do everything to make you will comfortable. As others wrote before, I instantly felt at home. I very much liked the interior of the house: Everything is very neatly furnished and clean and the wooden floors are beautiful.The close-by road 6A can be busy throughout the day but is quiet in the night. Traffic picks up in the early morning hours though. My husband and I definitely want to come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Blushing Oyster for your holiday celebration. I so enjoyed having you both here and learning about your ideas for plans ahead. I look forward to seeing you again and hearing what you've accomplished towards your dreams.
Best Regards!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed just 2 nights but would have enjoyed more, very quaint and very comfortable, excellent breakfasts, Holly a very hospitable Lady! The Yarmouth Inn is a pleasant five minute stroll down the road with good beer, and an extensive and reasonably priced food menu.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Blushing O, Owner at The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Blushing Oyster. I so enjoyed talking with you and Maggie and I hope to see you again. Cheers!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Wonderful name, wonderful place. The Blushing Oyster is a beautiful old colonial sea captain's house, situated in the most charming area of Cape Cod and within easy walking distance of great eating places. Holly Silva has recently taken over as owner and offers warm hospitality, terrific breakfasts and plenty of local information. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Blushing O, Owner at The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words of praise for The Blushing Oyster accommodations. I hope to see you and Andrew again in the future. I enjoyed the conversations about our teaching experiences. Be well.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My Husband and I stayed at the Blushing Oyster from the 5-8th October as part of our Honeymoon 'road trip'. We arrived a little later than expected but Jim was fine about it and welcomed us very warmly. We'd not eaten so he recommended us a pub within walking distance of the B&B - Jim rang them, got us a reservation for 20 minutes time (on a very busy evening) and before we knew it, were sat eating a huge lobster!

Breakfasts were lovely - especially the pumkin cake and the pancakes!! It was lovely to be able to sit around a breakfast table with other guests and have a chat before we headed out for the day - it felt like being at home!! Jim was also very knowledgeable about the area and made some great recommendations for places to visit.

The room was great - clean and well stocked - we were in the Wellfleet Room with a massive four poster bead - it was soooo comfy.

Overall we loved our time at the Blushing Oyster and would recommend the B&B in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Blushing Oyster for 5 nights in late July. Our room was neat, clean, well-appointed, and full of New England charm. Jim was able to supply us with any extras needed, from beach towels and chairs to umbrellas. With Alice, a sweet basset hound, greeting us each morning, we really felt at home. The mid-Cape location allowed for trips out to Provincetown as well as back east to Woods Hole, and Hyannis was a short drive away for a last minute dinner. The highlight of our stay was those breakfasts, though. Wow! A new, delicious breakfast delicacy was served every morning on the garden patio. And to think we might have missed it if we stayed in a motel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
#3 of 8 in Yarmouth Port
The Village Inn Cape Cod
The Village Inn Cape Cod
#2 of 8 in Yarmouth Port

Been to The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!