“Just Lovely”

The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast
Roswell, GA
“Just Lovely”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Blushing Oyster over a weekend in May. It was his first experience at a B&B and he was thoroughly impressed. The rooms are spotlessly clean, bright and spacious. The location is great - just a quick 10 minute drive from Hyannis.

Holly, the owner is incredibly sweet, friendly and warm. She was extremely welcoming and served delightful breakfasts.

We highly recommend The Blushing Oyster without any hesitations at all!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Blushing O, Owner at The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I was so happy to hear that the first Bed and Breakfast experience for your husband was a success. As an innkeeper, it informs me that I was appreciated in providing the expected care to my guests. I'm very flattered that the culinary experience was so well received as well. Thanks again for the kind words and I look forward to seeing you both again on your next visit to the Cape.
Regards, Holly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here as part of our visit to Boston and New England for our honeymoon. Would highly recommend. Well looked after and something a little different for breakfast - bread and butter pudding and artichoke and mushroom frittata were our treats for our two night stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so pleased that you chose to stay with me for part of your honeymoon trip to the States. It was very clear how special this time was for you even though you have been "together for so long". it was a great pleasure to have you here and to visit with you each morning.
Come again, it will be great to see you.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Susan the hostess/owner is charming and interesting, having taught at Williams College. The house is perfectly suited. My wife and I stayed in the first floor king suite which boasted a large bedroom with fireplace, a separate sitting area with a love seat and TV set up and a large bath with Jacuzzi tub. The breakfasts were very tasty and creative.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Blushing O, Owner at The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with me at The Blushing Oyster. It was so pleasant to speak with you both and carry on about Maine. I would love to have you come again for a visit and will answer to Susan if you prefer. Be well.
Holly (alias Susan)
Center Moriches, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I had a great couple of days last summer on the Cape and our stay at the Blushing Oyster couldn't have been more comfortable and relaxing. Thank you Holly, our host, for a beautiful inn and delicious breakfasts. Would definitely choose to stay here again when we next visit Cape Cod.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Blushing O, Owner at The Blushing Oyster Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
I appreciate your kind words of praise and am very pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to seeing you again in the future. Hopefully we can have a chance for some more chats at breakfast.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Marvellous bed and breakfast in Cape Cod. Nice old building which had been fitted out very well with good size rooms and god facilities. Rooms are bright and sunny with lovely details.

Location is on a main road as mentioned in other reviews but we didn't notice.

The innkeeper was really helpful in suggesting places to go out and generally looking after us.

The breakfast is vegetarian only - not a massive problem but suggest this should be made clear on the website as it may well cause a problem for some people.

Great place and would recommend it

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at The Blushing Oyster.
I appreciate all the kind words and your advice about the breakfast menu.
I have changed the breakfast page to include your suggestions. I am happy to know any ways that can help to make everyone feel comfortable and informed. It was a joy having you both here and talking with you, I look forward to seeing you again. Take care,
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The house, the food, and the Innkeeper (Holly) were all fantastic. Antique touches such as original wide-board pine floors are complemented by modern conveniences such as WiFi, plentiful hot water, and great climate control. Breakfast was a treat both mornings, tasty and healthy. If you're a die hard carnivore, be warned that breakfast is vegetarian so you'll have to forgo your bacon. Holly did a fantastic job of accommodating our late arrival, providing us with information and suggestions about local activities, and generally making us feel welcome.

My girlfriend and I are already hoping to visit again in the future.

Miscellaneous
- No shortage of off-street parking
- Restaurants in walking distance
- There are TVs in the rooms

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the kind review or your stay here with me at The blushing Oyster.
I have responded to your mention of the menu along with others to update my breakfast page on my website. I appreciate the comments and hope to see you both again next season.
Be well and happy trails.
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This home is comfortable, clean, and a perfedt location for exploring the cape. The breakfast and hostess were excellent. Our room was bright and large but our bathroom was smaller than expected. Holly, the owner, made us feel at home and we enjoyed getting to know her and all that was happening in the community. She is a delight and makes this home shine.

made to feel at home

Room Tip: Cotuit room has a small bathroom but it is very comfortable