“Great B & B”
Review of Crook Jaw Inn

Crook Jaw Inn
Reviewed 16 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Crook Jaw Inn for our 15th Anniversary. We really enjoyed our stay. The Inn was clean & cozy. The owner was great, down to earth and gave us good recommendations of things to do in the area. The breakfast each morning was so delicious, the coffee was good and everything was just right. I wish we could have stayed longer than 2 days but we plan of staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank towmama72

Reviewed 20 June 2008

We arrived at the Crook Jaw Inn, tired and a little grumpy from a day on the road. The minute we pulled into the car park I knew this had been a great idea, the ambience of the area instilled calmness and relaxation almost immediately. The Inn itself is a beautiful period property in which the Innkeeper, Brian, takes an enormous amount of care and consideration. Upon arrival he showed us to our room and was able to provide us with just what we needed - suggestions for a supper location!
Our room was tucked into the eaves, cosy and comfortable with an ensuite shower room.
The other rooms are larger and I have added some pictures of them, but was so busy snapping them I neglected to take any of our room!
Now I can't go any further without mentioning the breakfasts! Brian is an EXCELLENT cook and we were absolutely delighted with the dishes he presented us with on both mornings of the stay: fresh fruit, homemade hot breakfasts and muffins and tea or coffee which was some of the best I've had. If you're a pancake fan I highly recommend you put a special request for his Lemon Zest pancakes with raspberry syrup!

We stayed with Brian for the first two nights of a 5 day trip up the Cape, so on our second morning we hadn't planned anything further round, but Brian was more than happy to help us find a few options we could check out, the one we settled on was a great choice, but I'll write more about that in it's own review. Needless to say Brian's customer service and attention detail was outstanding and I would have no reservations in recommending the Crook Jaw Inn as a great place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank genfink
Reviewed 28 May 2008

First trip to the Cape! As I was not only a newbie but also potentially interested in moving to the area the innkeeper, Brian, gave me wonderful advice on how to get an overall feel for the Cape. I appreciated the individualized guidance and was very impressed with the hospitality. The room was cozy and everything was more than just right. The other guests were repeat customers and the atmosphere was friendly and warm. I decided to return again!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann87
Reviewed 18 May 2008

If you are looking for a relaxing stay in Cape Cod, try the Crook Jaw Inn. Brian, the innkeeper, is both knowledgable and helpful in every way possible. Staying at the inn is a little like staying with a friend you never knew you had. He provides the perfect balance of privacy and amiability. I've never felt more at home visiting a place in my life. You must stay here! The rooms are beautiful and the service is sublime!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank serendipity121
Reviewed 12 April 2008

We stayed at the Crook Jaw Inn by way of winning a gift certificate thru a Breast Cancer fundraiser. The Inn was very clean and it has such beautiful detail, Brian the owner is a complete gentleman and was very helpful in suggesting where to go and what to see.

He is also a wonderful and creative cook, the meals he served were delicious. Donna and I throughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this Inn to anyone who may be visiting the Cape, it reminded me of those special places you may have visited when you were a child, very warm and comfortable, nice job Brian, Thank You!

John P. Burke
Foxboro, MA

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank jolin523
Reviewed 3 January 2008

We stayed at the Crook Jaw Inn three times already and each stay was wonderful. We loved the cozy rooms and the delicious breakfast. Every advice from the always very nice host was helpful and improved our Cape Cod experiences. Deck chairs and cooler can be borrowed from the host and guests are also provided with drinks, ice, maps, newspapers, dvd, cd and a hearty welcome.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s_dduers
Reviewed 3 December 2007

We stayed at Crook' Jaw again this November and it was, true to form, a wonderful experience. The inn is immaculately kept (you literally could eat off the floor), beautifully decorated, and as charming as ever. My husband and I and our two children stayed in two adjoining rooms - Fireside and Captain Crocker. The working fireplace in Fireside is such a special touch on a chilly fall evening, and the kids get such a kick out of having a fireplace right in our room. The beds in both rooms are fantastically comfortable, and we always get a great night's sleep. Brian was as gracious a host as ever, and we really enjoy his company. He is a wealth of information, and always has great ideas about how we can spend our time on the Cape. Additionally, he stocks a small refridgerator with complimentary sodas and water. It's a very thoughtful touch. And of course the breakfasts that Brian prepares are delectable. It's something different every morning, and the presentation is always lovely. All in all - it's a wonderful time staying at Crook Jaw, and it's the only place we stay when we are visiting the Cape. We love it and we would recomend it without hesitation to anyone looking for a very special B&B experience.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family