“wouldn't of wanted to stay anywhere else”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baldwin
Batcke's Baldwin Creek Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Baldwin
“wouldn't of wanted to stay anywhere else”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I thought that the lodge would of been not the greatest and that was before I looked a pictures or read any reviews. But I have stayed two night and it was the best sleep and the beds are so comfy and the room couldbt of been cleaner. The housekeeper was super friendly. The coffee pot in the room was broke and when I told the front office about it they got us a new coffee pot right away. The shower has actual hot water with actual water pressure. I have read a few reviews that say its for men but I am a woman and it was well up to my standards. Also I had my 3 year old with me and there was plenty of room for him to burn off energy. And the price is great. When I'm in baldwin I will be staying there again. Absolutly the best lodge I could ask for.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kittybaby131

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Greenville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I recently took up salmon fishing again, a friend referred us to Baldwin Creek Lodge services. I wanted to have my son experience a different kind of fishing, he caught his first King. I was blown away, we learned so much from one day of fishing, words don't describe. We could have stayed in one location and catch fished, instead we were 'guided' how to cast, set and land fish. I see this as an investment I won't have to purchase cleo's when trying to fish. <big grin>. I live close enough to drive back and forth. I could do this for a week straight and not get bored. I'll be doing this again in the future. Couple of sayings that were useful on the trip: "You don't know what you don't know" (this was me before and after) and "I once was blind, now I can see". It opened my eyes to a different kind of fishing, it made so much sense.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Had another fun salmon trip with Mike today. He and his wife Catie always provide a great time on the river, lots of fish to fight, a nice shore lunch and a clean place to stay. I will be back again next year for my annual trip on the PM to make more memories! AG Tom

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank TCMeyer
chicago, IL
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I love this place. I have been fishing with Mike more than one dozen times, with friends and my daughter. Mike is the best guide I have used, during my 20+ yrs. of flyfishing. He is also a very good casting coach, as my daughter Casey will agree. I leave the lodge a better fisherman than when I arrived. Catie provides really tasty lunches (ask for the strawberry, grilled chicken salad). We have always had a great experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pedaler
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Mike and Catie run a first class fishing lodge, greet you with open arms like they've known you all your lives, accommodations are excellent, stayed in one of the cabins this time, comfortable bed, pressurized hotwater showers and a great atmosphere to relax in when the day of fsihing is over. I have fished all over the United States and even in South America. I have yet to find a guide that could put me on fish like Capt Mike does. If he is not available one of his guides will also take care of you as well. They bend over backwords to make your trip a success, feed you a hot cooked meal during the lunch or dinner time; and stay on the water as long as needed to make your day a great success. I have been going to the Baldwin Creek Lodge for seven years now. This Spring Steelhead fishing trip was a huge success despite lots of rain and high water levels. 21 one Steelhead boated over 6 days and over 90 other hookups(the numbers are for me alone not even counting the others on the trip). The price for Batcke's service is world class, more than reasonable, far better than anything I have run into during my 45 plus years of fishing on this earth. Mike Batcke and his wife Catie are truely focused on customer service. Don't pass up a trip to the Batcke lodge whether your fishing, hunting or snowmobiling, they will provide you with a trip of a lifetime!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrew B
New Market, VA
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've been fishing for 50 years, and have been fortunate to be able to afford exotic fishing destinations for the past 10 years. I have at least 200 days with guides, and have fished across the US and in several foreign countries. Why start with this? I want to establish my bona fides as someone who can rate and recommend a fishing destination.

That I have been blessed with the resources to allow me to fish all over the world (and have a fishing bucket list with a lot of unchecked destinations) and yet return to Baldwin creek lodge for a week of fishing at least annually for the past 8 years (since I first stumbled across it while fishing with other guide services) should tell you what a fantastic opportunity the lodge provides. Capt Mike is without a doubt the fishiest guide I've ever fished with -- he has a PhD in trout and steelhead. If you can't get time with Capt Mike no worries - the guides who work for him are all world class. 6 of us fished for 6 days this year under some of the worst conditions -- to include water levels at a 76 year high -- and we had more hookups than anyone else by an order of magnitude (verified at the ramp and during dinner conversation at local watering holes with other fishermen). From a fishing perspective, they provide a level of service that is far beyond the standard at any price.

Its a working lodge, not a flashy showplace. No chilled champagne or chocolate dipped strawberries waiting for you at the end of the day -- just world class, hardcore fishing, hunting snowmobiling and relaxing. The lodge is rustic -- well appointed, comfortable beds, hot showers with actual water pressure -- everything a sportsperson needs.The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and Catie is constantly improving an already great operation. As I've already said, Capt Mike is unmatched as a guide anywhere, period. His team is similarly phenomenal -- they're more client focused and more dedicated to your success than any outfitter I've used. One last point -- have you looked at the prices? If there is a better value for a fishing experience, please please tell me about it!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tr0utBum
Motown
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Upon writing my review, “Don’t wear a black shirt to sleep,” based on what happened last year, the motel owner responded. He left reasons as to why the conditions were the way they were. I accept that. We have stayed at this place for years. They have always been accommodating to our large group. We decided to continue to reserve our following years trip with them thinking they would make Improvements to the problems from last season. One would think, this is an opportunity to shine and showoff the improvements they have made thus allowing me to do a follow up review on their improvements. Not so. Unfortunately, the owner decided to take a low route and cancelled our reservation based on the review. I don’t need to write anything else, this says it all.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
10 Thank 03rcode
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwin
Red Moose Lodge
The Rockwell Lake Lodge
Aubert Den
Aubert Den
#2 of 2 in Branch

Been to Batcke's Baldwin Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!