“Great Fishing Lodge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Baldwin
Pere Marquette River Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Baldwin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Came here with 5 friends for a weekend Steelhead fishing trip. We stayed in the River House which was basic but clean and had plenty of room. The main room has a large picture window that looks right out over the river. Between the six of us we had three guides for the full day of fishing but I can only speak to the quality of the guide I had, Frank who is one of the owners. He is very knowledgeable about the river and seems to know what every step you take in the water would be. Even though the water was high and raging when we went he put us at ease with his knowledge of the river. He grilled us a great steak lunch in his custom wooden boat, just what we needed to warm us back up.

All in all, a great place to stay and great group of people to fish with. If you forget something, the store has everything you would need from waders (which you can also rent) to high end rods, and clothes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Last minute work trip to National Forest and found this nice lodge. Complete with log beds, fire place in lounge area and access to full kitchen with log table, really cool! Felt very welcome and was able to meet other guests, making some new friends. I'd come back in warmer weather to enjoy evenings outdoors fishing and their backyard area grilling.

Room Tip: They have single, double rooms and cabins, ask staff to show you what's available!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I highly recommend this place. I have been coming here for a few years and the accomidations have always been clean and comfortable. The staff is freindly and go out of thier way to help. They recently renovated the lodge which made the experience even better. One thing I will say is that if you really want to take it to another level as a fly fisherman, this is the place to be. The owner, Frank is a world class fly fisherman and if you go with him you WILL get better. Evertime I go there I learn something new. For a bonus this year I drew a turkey permit and killed a nice gobbler only a few miles from the lodge. What a great trip!!

Terry Robinson
Cincinnati, OH

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Terry R
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked a trip with Pere Marquette River Lodge Outfitters for a birthday present to my dad. We went out with Frank who is one of the owners of the lodge and a very experienced guide. We had a great day on the river, shared some laughs, caught a lot of big fish and my dad had one of his best birthdays ever.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick O
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I took my 16 year old daughter to the Pere Marquette River for spring break ( perhaps not the brightest idea). We hit high water, up to the banks, and cold temps in the 30's. Our guides, Uber Raines and Frank Willetts worked really hard and managed to give us a fantastic experience. Multiple hook ups with large steelhead , many of them brought to the net. Excellent hot shore lunch on both days. Superb oarsmanship and boat handling. These guys REALLy know this river.

On our first day out, my daughter got too cold. When it became obvious that she was too cold, and despite the fact that I was hooking fish, Uber rowed us full blast back to the take out . When we got back to the lodge, Frank had a long talk with both of us about the next day. He outfitted her with extra insulation, felt pac waders, and a new sense of optimism. By the end of day two, my daughter was into it, fishing accurately and intently. She hooked fish!I could not be happier.

I really want to let readers know about the extra effort and sincere concern the whole staff at PM River lodge provided us. These are really nice people! They really turned a potentially awful set of conditions into a wonderful, lifetime memory.
Tim Hennessy
St Paul Minnesota

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 15and57
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went with a very good friend to the Pere Marquette Lodge. Both were new to this type of fishing. Went out with Frank Willetts and had a great time. Learned a lot about indicator fishing and steelhead. Frank was a great teacher, we had fun, and caught fish. The lodge was awesome and we will be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for first or second floor rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've stayed at the Pere Marquette Lodge four times now, and find it to very clean, comfortable, accommodating and homey. Rustic décor. The additional improvements made to the dining area for 2014 were excellent, too. Perfect for a northern Michigan fishing/outdoors adventure!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Durkalec

Been to Pere Marquette River Lodge? Share your experiences!