“You Had Me At "THE VIEW", a Peaceful Lake Cottage”
other travellers have booked this property
two kayaks with paddles are a fun way to get around the lake
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
two kayaks with paddles are a fun way to get around the lake
gorgeous view from the deck
grill sits on one side of the deck
back and west side of the cottage
view out of the sunroom
cottage sweet cottage!
double bed
plenty of fishing poles and tackle
open kitchen with cups, plates, cutlery, and any cooking utensils you'll need!
bathroom- always stocked with fresh linens
a campfire is a good way to finish any day!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 34 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Lynne F
“You Had Me At "THE VIEW", a Peaceful Lake Cottage”
Reviewed 14 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

This Bangor Michigan Van Auken Lake cottage was exactly what I wanted as a peaceful get-away week closer to home this year. Quiet beauty is what I needed and was exactly what I found staying here. Loved the neat cottage, bedrooms are small, but it's a cottage, and beds were quite comfy, the cottage is very well kept and photos of this rental give you the full picture of what you get to enjoy. I was sold with the view from the entry straight thru to the cathedral ceiling patio great room. Immediately found and read two books from their library during my week's stay, while sitting on the deck or in the patio room enjoying regular glimpses of the lake view. I relaxed on deck often just listening to the quiet and the birds while gazing at the lake. Even on a rainy day, relaxing was easy.
I enjoyed kayaking on the lake, doing it myself and then when my daughter and granddaughter came for a 2 day visit where we used the kayaks, and paddle boat on this nice lake.
The location was close to South Haven (20 min.) and Saugatuck (35 min), which I took a rainy day to visit since I booked the week as a simple and peaceful get away. The area nearby is mostly a rural farming area with its own sweet beauty, like a nearby farm with a miniature horse and goats. Arlington Trading Post in Bangor is a neat feed store. The owner was great to talk to regarding area history and the unique building mural of collage paintings by local artist Conrad Kaufman. Don't miss Katydids antique and craft mall on MI-43 close by. On my exit day, I actually walked a segment of the Kal Haven bike trail which is a 34 mile path from South Haven to Kzoo, but you can connect to parts of it in nearby Grand Junction or Bloomingdale (can rent bikes reasonably in South Haven if you don't bring your own).
In all, a great close-to-home week away in Pure Michigan! Will keep this rental as a favorite and would like to book it again.

Management Response
19 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. You gave a perfect description of life here. We welcome you back any time!
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Diane B
“Quiet, comfortable getaway”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The cottage was clean and stocked with everything we needed. The owner is close but respected our privacy. We felt the lake access for kayaking would be a little tricky for us so we decided not to use them. We loved the close proximity to South Haven. All in all, a nice place to stay.

lolaisnot...
Michigan
“Relaxing getaway”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Beautiful and clean cottagey home. So happy to enjoy relaxing sunny days at Lake Michigan and star filled nights around the fire pit. The kayaks made this vacation a major win for the whole family. We went out each day played games, and devoured Mrs Smith's delicious cookies that were left for us! We will be back.

Fivefish2...
Pevely, Missouri
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

It was very nice. It was a quiet clean place to stay. It was nice also to have the Kayaks to be able to enjoy the lake as well.

Nancy E
St clair mi
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 17 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My family enjoyed staying at Van Aiken lake cottage. The cottage was extremely clean and very comfortable. We were greeted as soon as we pulled in and made very welcome. We had fun kayaking on the lake and playing both indoor and outdoor games that were provided. I loved sitting on the deck in comfortable chairs watching the lake and wildlife with my morning coffee. The only minor thing was the tiny shower but that could not be changed LOL.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing