“Nice Place to Stay”

Baraga Lakeside Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Baraga
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Friendly staff and clean room! The hotel is a little dated, but it was a nice place to spend the night. It's centrally located to many great things to see in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It's on the Keweenaw Bay of Lake Superior, there are many attractions right in the immediate area, but also not far from many of the other great attractions of the Keweenaw Peninsula. There is a restaurant onsite which serves until 10 p.m. There is a small pool and hot tub as well as an exercise room. We paid an extra $5 for the "lake view", but it was cloudy so we didn't get to see a spectacular sunrise.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Northerngirlnomore

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Went to visit friends in the UP of Michigan over the weekend. Stayed at Baraga Lakeside Inn and had a beautiful room, very clean and a very nice view. Would definately stay there again. The desk clerks at check in and check out were very friendly too!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the lake. Very nice!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Sue B, General Manager at Baraga Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us while in our area. I hope that you will be able to stay with us again soon. Come and enjoy the beautiful colors of autumn that will be here shortly!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Wife and I stayed here 3 nights in the king suite overlooking the bay. Everything about our stay was perfect. Great view, clean large room, lounge and restaurant. Highly recommended for an up north stay.

Room Tip: King suite is worth the upgrade
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IndyRon
Reviewed 3 August 2013

When we checked in there was no hello nothing we had to start the conversation with the desk person. We paid at check-in but was told we could not get a receipt until check-out...strange. Our room was very clean and spacious. It had an amazing view of the lake! The beds were pretty comfortable but even with a big tournament in town, the rooms and hotel were very quiet for sleeping. The restaurant had good food for the most part. At check out the desk person didn't even look at us, ask us how our stay was or if there were any issues...I have learned over the years that service is not an amenity...don't look for it here. :( Other than that it was a good stay but I might think twice next time because of the service.

Room Tip: Choose the lake side top floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pamela M
Sue B, General Manager at Baraga Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Baraga Lakeside Inn. I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay and I appreciate your comments regarding the service. We pride ourselves in our outstanding guest service and we use all comments in our on going training when a guest does not receive the service that meets our standards.. We hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We were on a bike trip with a group of people. We stayed at Baraga Lakeside Inn for 2 nights & it was perfect. Location was great, view was beautiful, loved the swings by the water, & used the grill for dinner the 2nd night. Restaurant was also good. Food was great & service was quick. Thank you!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JamieKP
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We arrived on 7/1/2013 and departed on 7/5/2013. I paid $84.59 per night for a lakeside room (room 305). The view of the lake is beautiful. The room was clean and no glaring spots on the carpet. Also, the bathroom was nice and clean. The walls must be thin because I could hear lots of noise from room 304 for my first 2 nights. I had to wear ear plugs in order to sleep those nights. FYI...they play music in the hallway and the speaker was right outside of my door. I could hear the music in my room in the morning while trying to read. I asked them to turn it down and they turned it off which was nice. There is a business center (it is called the Pre-Function room) but it is not obvious to find. If you are facing the front desk, it is to the right of the front desk and next to the laundry room. There is 1 computer in there with a printer. It was nice to be able to print my boarding pass there. I found the WiFi to be slow and intermittent in my room. My biggest complaint was the mattress. It was pretty firm. I have problems with my lower back and I had a hard time sleeping. I talked to the front desk about the problem and they added 2 more pads to the mattress and that helped a little bit. The mattress and the box springs look old. I didn't make my review rating Average because the mattress in my mother's room did not bother her (it was the same firm mattress). Normally, I sleep on a pillowtop mattress. Also, the chairs in the room were uncomfortable. I like to spend time reading in the morning before starting the day and it was uncomfortable to sit too long in the chair. FYI...there is no free breakfast. For $84.59 per night for a lakeside room, you are probably not going to find a better value though. Unless, they replace the mattresses with more comfortable mattresses like pillowtop mattresses, I will probably not stay there again. That is too bad because I liked everything else about this place other than the mattress and chair.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelinManTexas
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. I have no complaints about this hotel. The beds were comfortable, spotless room, the bathroom looked like it had been recently updated. The lakeside view was beautiful! The restaurant attached was very good, nice staff members and fast food! I would stay there again! I read other reviews about people saying they dislike how there isn't a breakfast included; the rooms for how nice they are and lake view, it is a very good value. The room I was in had a microwave and a mini fridge. So I just went to the market and threw food items in the fridge.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Thenims
Sue B, General Manager at Baraga Lakeside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the area. We are pleased that your stay was enjoyable. Please stop in and see us again when you are in our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baraga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton
#3 of 4 in Baraga
Super 8 Houghton
Super 8 Houghton
#2 of 7 in Houghton

Been to Baraga Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!