“Good for one night”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at this inn while passing through Battle Creek. This is a rather old-fashioned motel and is showing its age, but everything was clean, everything worked and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. In the morning there was an adequate breakfast.
This is a very ordinary place but perfectly acceptable for an overnight stop. It cost me $39.99 which I thought was good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Sonny P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers and we are very happy that you were pleased with your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed 1 night and it was the most awful hotel I have ever stayed in. There was a hole drilled in the door to insert a "special tool" to open the door in case the card reader wasn't working. Any one could get into your room if you stepped out. They said they had the "big wigs" coming in so they had to make sure everything was clean. The room was not clean. Hair on the toilet, dirt along all the floors and dust on everything.

Will definitely not be staying in an Americas Best Vaule Inn ever again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Paula R
Reviewed 1 January 2014

So today I have smokers cough. Not because I smoke, but because I smoked the equivalent of 3 packs in the 3 hours we stayed here. The smoke smell was so strong in the room that we stunk like smoke when we left. We stopped for a place to take a quick nap & shower. The floor of the tub was so decayed I was a little worried I'd fall though. The towels were dirty. The bathroom was the most filthy bathroom I've ever seen. My only regret, is not taking some pictures to share with this site! I know this was a budget motel, so you typical get what you pay for, but this was a serious disaster!! I really feel that there was no excuse for this. The other reviews I've read since staying there all have apologies from management saying the hotel has been updated, my foot it has!!! Hire a cleaning crew!!!

Room Tip: Keep driving, go to the place up the street!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank miss_gypsy_garmin
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The first room stunk of stale smoke (this is a non-smoking property). The second room had a double bed - we reserved a queen. The tub needed cleaning. The room had a rundown look in general. There was garbage overflowing the trash can in the walkways (for 3 days). I guess you should look at the price you pay for the room. Future trips - I would sleep in my car first. I have traveled ABV a lot (for me), and this is by far the WORST property ever visited.

Room Tip: Avoid this property.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

Good price. Came in at $40 for 2 people, taxes in.
Linens were clean, bed comfortable. The pillows were very thin and even though the motel claimed 100% smoke free, the room had a lingering smoke smell.
The walls were smeared with dirt, snot, etc in many places which was disgusting.
Location is right off the highway which is convenient but very noisy.
No alarm clock. No elevator. Free wifi.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Scrumble
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Room smelled of heavy smoker. Bathtub was filthy. Shower curtain had mold on it. Bed sloped drastically to the center a.d pillows were thin as towels.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Danny D
Edwin J, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. We would like you to know that we have changed brands and are now an Americas Best Value Inn and have renovated our entire property. Please come back and see all of the improvements we have made.

Reviewed 30 December 2010

First, I have stayed at this location before and don't remember any issues.
This time when I walked into the front desk there was an odor that I can't pinpoint. While nothing was dirty, it had the general look and feel of motels chains with lower standards than the '6.'
It was 8pm and a laundry cart was stored outside along with other items. The sink had something melted onto it, it wasn't something I could get off with a rag. The fridge was cleaner on the inside than on the outside. Overall just a lower standard of 'clean.'
IF I return, I will check the room/area first and likely will pay the extra $20 to stay at one of the other motels.
On the plus side, this motel is right between Denny's and the Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments. We have changed brands and are now an Americas Best Value Inn. Along with that change, we have renovated our entire building as well as our guest rooms. We are very excited about our improvements and hope you will stay with us again to see them. Thank you