“Big surprise -- incredible first visit!”
Review of The Fire Hub

The Fire Hub
Ranked #24 of 170 Restaurants in Battle Creek
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Reviewed 4 January 2018

This was a spur-of-the-moment lunch stop because we had been meaning to try this restaurant which is housed in a building I have often longed to own or live in.....Although it is a small venue, the layout is really well thought out and minimalistic. We tried the special, which was a short rib sandwich with mushrooms, onions and gruyere cheese on a whole wheat bun. It was so, so good! Meat was tender, mushrooms were yummy and the cheese added just the right finish. It also came with a small portion of bread & butter pickles, and a bag of chips. Their coffee was surprisingly delicious, as was the iced tea. Although we didn't have a salad, they did look good, so perhaps next time.

Since I was already stuffed from eating only 1/2 of my sandwich, I wasn't able to try any of the many baked goods for sale, but I may just come by one day for coffee and a carrot cake muffin or one of their cookies. They all looked like something worth trying!

We had read an article about the many good works of this place, and now I understand it firsthand. We will definitely keep this restaurant on our radar! You just have to try it!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

A colleague and I went to lunch here on a Friday. It was very busy. The staff was quick and helpful. The food was fast. They use real meat on all the sandwiches, no processed lunch meat. Sandwich was solid and large. I only ate half. They come with chips for about ten dollars. The Pizza looked okay. They have fairly thick dough. There is very limited seated.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The food was delicious but if you have a large vehicle plan to have trouble backing out. The place was very busy. I went at lunch time for takeout.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I stopped in to get some food to go, this was my first time going here. The menu is very limited with sandwiches, salads, and pizza but these items are premium types so no run of the mill food here.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

The atmosphere is pretty nice and modern and progressive. Overall, it's a neat place!

I've ordered a caprese salad, and I nibbled on my friends pizza - both were good. Coffee was very good.

I would recommend against ordering the vegetarian sandwich. The flavors didn't work and the bread was so thick and a little dry. I hope they change their recipe soon for the only vegetarian sandwich they have.

Their menu is very limited - pretty much sandwiches, salads, and pizza.

Although they have gluten free options for the sandwiches and pizzas, they charge a ton extra for it! It's insane.