“Dont go here! Ever ever ever!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Battle Creek

Econo Lodge Battle Creek
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Detroit
“Dont go here! Ever ever ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2008

DON'T GO THERE! Don't even make a reservation! I was trying to find 6 rooms for this baseball tournament and I call and the lady had all these rooms and at first we're like ok great! We get the rooms and like 2 seconds later we call back because we heard this one was really crappy and we found a better hotel. Well I call and I said I wanted to cancel all 6 rooms. Well this chick hangs up on me! I call her back and she yells at me and shouts 'YOU CAN CANCEL ROOM YOU CAN CANCEL ROOM' and I'm like "Okay okay! thats wht I wanted' then she charges us $500!! I'm like 'Oh *^#& no.." and she gives us all this trouble. Well I'm not exactly 18. And I used me fathers credit card. I'm not a Gerald. In fact, I'm a girl! Well she claims my father did all this even though I did. MY father asks her "How old do you have to be to make a reservation?' She says 'I can't cancel all 6 rooms' And my father says 'No No No, Thats not what I asked.. How Old do you have to be to make a reservation here?' She says "It's 69.99 per night." My father's practically yelling at this point "HOW OLD DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO MAKE A RESERVATION?" She says "I don't know" And my father says "Oh so a 12 year old can make a reservation here?" She says no and my fathers like "then how old?" and she says "54". We all go over to the hotel and are tryign to get our money back and they keep getting more and more people to "try" and cancel the rooms. They keep saying we'll cancel it then they said they wont and then they said this guy can (if he wants to) and he decides he doesnt want to so we had to pay [-] $500!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008
4 Thank abcdefgreattt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

First of all my wife calls in to the hotel to book a room for a couple of nights. My wife informs the lady the she has a discount coupon and would like to apply it to our rate. The lady states that SHE ONLY WORKS THERE and does not know anything about a coupon. (This is the owners wife we come to find out later) UNREAL...

We book the room anyway and arrive a couple of weeks later.
We pull in and see the big sign stating that they have free wireless internet and HBO and the outside pool is open. Well needless to say they did not have HBO, the pool was under construction and the wireless internet was a total joke. Dialup would have been a thousand times better.

The rooms were gross, period! The staff was rude and cold.
The lobby stunk so bad that we held our breath as we RAN by it to get outside. The whole expirience was terrible.

Please do not stay here. Oh I almost forgot, when we went into our room for the first time there was a toilet scrub brush laying in the middle of the bathroom.. :( Walls were cracked and falling apart, AC didn't work, walls were paper thin, TV worked when it wanted to and the beds were something to behold.

If you go to Battle Creek, MI and you happen to drive by the Econo Lodge, drive by as fast as legally possible!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The stink, The rooms, The staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LikeitisMn

Travellers are raving about these Battle Creek hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2007

Stayed for the August NASCAR weekend. Would have been better off buying a cheap tent and sleeping at the track.

The room itself was old and dingy, the bed linen had cigarette burn holes in it, and the carpeting beside the beds looked like someone had a good time, and left a little genetic reminder of their exploits.

The hotel staff was not very friendly, when we requested extra glasses and towels because we were a trio, we were not even acknowledged by the staff on the phone.

The pool area was dingy and as the rest of the facility, in desperate need of a facelift.

Do yourself a favor, stay in your car, stay outside, just don't stay here!

• Liked — Checking out!
  • Disliked — The best were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank YWGJetsTraveller
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2007

I made reservations the at this motel and when I got there they claimed they didn't have a reservation for me EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE CONFIRMATION in my hand!!!! The desk clerk proceeded to tell me that I was wrong because apparently it didn't show up in thesystem. After going back and forth for about 30 min., I finally gave up said "fine, do you have a room for me" and he said "yes" and proceeded to check me in. The entire checkin process was a silent treatment. He didn't even say Thank you after the transaction. I can't even begin to describe the horror I came across after this saga in the lobby.

The Room: The room was a smoking room, even though I requested a non-smoking room in my original reservation (which the desk clerk apparently didn't have). But desk clerk never bothered to ask me if I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room or one or two beds. When I entered the room the entire room wreaked of heavy cigarette smoke and mildew and only god knows of what other odors. The bathroom had hairs all over the floor and bath area. The beds appeared dissheveled like someone had jumped on the bed after it was made. The nightstand had a sticky residue probably of a soda can ring or a the container of some sort.

When I tried to call downstairs to switch to another room, he told me that I had to come down to the office because he needed to do more paperwork in order for me to switch room.

What I ended up doing was taking my luggage to the office and demanded a refund. Then all of a sudden, the desk clerk pretended like he didn't speak English - probably because he didn't want to give me a refund. I told him that he better give me a refund unless he wanted me to contact the Better Business Bureau on establishment because policy of no refunds is only for cancellations if a reservation is made.

What I should've done was taken my business (and me) elsewhere where it was more appreciated.

• Liked — There was nothing to like about the accomodation to say the least
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!!!
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank TracyfromOhio
Bear Lake
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2006

I totally regret spending the night in this place... disgusting is putting it mildly.

The room was extremely dirty: dirty sock behind the fridge, nail clippings on the floor, dirty clothes in a bucket sitting outside my window, I wrote my name on the bathroon ceiling in the dirt. Duct tape on holes in the doors, burnt out light bulbs, no TV remote, and the door to adjoining room had been left unlocked (this could only be locked and unlocked by the management).

Overall, a bad night and I couldn't wait to leave. I was sorry I stayed.

• Stayed June 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank winowiski
Waverly, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2005

I never even made it into the hotel. The outside of the building alone drove me off. Broken windows, air conditioning units that look like they've been beaten with a bat. STAY away. The motel 6 is a better option for a cheap visit here!

• Stayed June 2005
12 Thank Wanger1969
EASTPOINTE, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2005

The worst hotel we've ever stayed at. From the lobby to each of our rooms. They claimed the rooms were cleaned but with how much dust that was on the furniture, there's no way the rooms were cleaned. The bathrooms were just awful. On couple in our group cancelled their room and stayed elsewhere but was refused a refund as it was after the "cancellation time". The health department would have a field day. Do not stay here!!!!!

• Stayed March 2005