Econo Lodge Battle Creek
Quality Inn(Battle Creek)
US$96
US$85
QualityInn
Fairfield Inn Battle Creek(Battle Creek)
US$143
US$129
McCamly Plaza Hotel(Battle Creek)
US$177
US$165
Priceline
  • Pool
Courtyard Battle Creek(Battle Creek)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I am an engineer living in this motel since late July, 2013. I find the staff very cooperative especially the front desk associate who is very welcoming, polite and provides excellent service. The cleaning people are very responsive and clean my room every day and put fresh clean towels. The breakfast is full with cereal, muffins, coffee in a very clean area. The parking lot is large and the area is very safe.

My room has a clean bed with good mattress, flat screen cable TV, fridge and microwave. Motel is noiseless and the hallways are well lighted and carpets are clean. Furniture in the rooms is comfortable and there is ample space for storage.

I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JAVED L
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We had to stay there for a few months because we got screwed over on a house we were getting, and the rooms smell like smoke, (even though ur not suppose to smoke in there) the bedding was nasty dirty, stains on the carpet, walls, and even light fixtures, loud music til 4-5 am, drunk people falling into you're door and knocking on you're door, prostitutes was doing business in the rooms (very noticeable), drugs being dealt in the hallways & outside, people from the streets would just walk up to you're opened window & ask for drugs/alcohol/money etc, the front desk does not understand/speak english, they don't care about the complaints, there was suppose to be breakfast there but usually had NOTHING there. They had a crazy man staying there they scared people away but they didn't care. Mold in the tub, dirty nasty towels, Housekeeping never came to our door 1 time! Cops there EVERY day/night/minute!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Rachael W
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I had a great experience with this hotel, although others clearly didn't. What I experienced was a great room with good TV, microwave, fridge, and fast WiFi. Beds were very comfy. Bathroom seemed OK, but I didn't use the shower so I can't comment on that. Price was incredibly cheap, which is what drew me. Also, it's a Choice Hotel. Security outside did seem to be an issue, but not inside. I didn't know breakfast was included, but with that price, I didn't care. The guy at the front desk handed me a bagel with cream cheese as I was walking out, which I thought was hilarious. But if I'd been expecting breakfast, I'd be pretty pissed. I'd go back there again. The price is right, and the room was a lot better than some of the Choice Hotels I've stayed at at twice the price.

Room Tip: I had a room that had a good TY, microwave, and fridge and freezer. I don't know if all of the rooms have those amenities, so ask.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 17 July 2013

When did hotels like this become such dives and $50/night is not cheap. I expect some minimum level of quality for that price and this hotel didn't have it.

The only two positive things I can say about this hotel are the following...

Pros:
- The room is clean but I use the term "clean" loosely.. at least there were no bugs.
- Accepts pets and had a patch of grass to walk dogs.

Cons:
- It had a fridge but it was so gross inside I didn't want to put anything in it. The microwave was functional.
- The free breakfast wasn't even worth eating but the coffee was decent.
- There was only a shower, no tub and there were cracked tiles everywhere.
- Found a guy passed out in the hallway.
- Shady people coming in and out all the time.
- There was an exposed electrical outlet near the bed (no faceplate).
- No garbage cans anywhere to dispose of doggie waste.
- AC had two settings, off or frigid. The wall control didn't work.
- Night staff friendly, day staff weren't.

I would only stay at this hotel again if it was the only one available within a 30 mile radius of where I needed to be. Unfortunately you don't know what you don't know until you check-in and the booking I made was non-refundable. I went so far as to contact the city of Battle Creek regarding the safety hazard of the exposed electrical outlet and the shady wiring for the AC. :-S

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Karen N
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is not a place for someone who cannot walk stairs. The only way in without steps is thru the back. The shower is a stall shower. I had to ask for breakfast. They brought me a prepackaged muffins. Definitely not very good in understanding English. There were cobwebs in the corners. The bath math had black spots on it.
There is a fruit and veg, market next store.
You get what you pay for here. Cheap room if you don't care about anything else.

Room Tip: use back entrance if you are handicapped and walk thru hotel to lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple