“A very nice surprise in Battle Creek”

Malia Mediterranean Bistro
Ranked #1 of 162 Restaurants in Battle Creek
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Grand Rapids
“A very nice surprise in Battle Creek”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This restaurant is very nice, the food was great. I was there on a Tuesday night with a friend and the restaurant was packed. I am not sure if they are that busy every night but I would reccomend reservations. We had very good service and even though they were very busy we did not feel rushed. They have a very good menu and a lot of specials. I am sure that everyone could find something they liked on the menu. There is free parking behind the restaurant and they do have a back entrance. It was a little loud since it is very open and every table was full.

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced but good”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I like Malia for its unique and eclectic menu choices. The food is well prepared, with fresh ingredients. The atmosphere is cosmopolitan-casual. It's quite the trendy place in downtown Battle Creek. Unfortunately, the prices are higher than they should be.

• Visited September 2013
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Very good Italian food, atmosphere and service.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Took a pasta-loving friend and business associate from Japan, to Malia, when he was in town; we both loved it.
I don't truly remember the name of the entrees we got, but everything from the bread to main course was really good. My friend wanted to try some local beers and I remember the server being quite helpful and patient.
The place was quite busy on a weeknight, but I called and was able to get us a reservation.

I had been before when Malia had a restaurant in Marshall, and really liked it then. It's still a fun and delicious place to dine.

I really don't think you can go wrong w/this place.

• Visited October 2013
Northville, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding ”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Took our 20 month old son. The entire staff kept him busy and visited. My wife wanted something not on the menu. Not a problem, they made to order. ALL the food was outstanding. Very clean and very friendly. Can't say enough about this place. Yummy and yummy-ER.

Michigan
“Off the chart”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

A fabulous place ... we only ate there once but were very impressed. I don't know if a blue collar town like Battle Creek has the mentality to support a restaurant like this, but finally a fine dining establishment has opened for people desperate for a new choice besides the old and mediocre standbys of Clara's and Arcadia Brewing Co. My one suggestion for Malia's staff would be to keep your attention on the small details ... and you will have great success. Personable and polite waitresses, house made pasta, wild caught salmon, hearty, rustic bread with extra virgin olive oil, immaculate restrooms, water glasses always full, etc. These details and many others will bring you great success! Great to have you in B.C.!

• Visited March 2014