“Good Hotel Needs a little fine tuning”

Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I would stay at this hotel again as the staff was freindly and our room was clean and quiet.
Although there were a lot of kids we still had a plesant stay, we did not eat breakfast at the
hotel because there were a lot of kids and room was at a premium, but no problem.
Stay away from the Denny's restuarant two doors down. We went there for breakfast and had to turn around and leave. The night crowd was still there ( Ghetto ) Bob evans was a great choice down the road.

Room Tip: top floors is always a good choice when staying in hotels as to avoid hearing noise from above.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank nearpar
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94

Reviewed 23 October 2011

In town for a convention, we chose the Baymont due to the price( which was still a bit higher than we wanted to pay). Rooms were big and updated, but lighting was dim.
Breakfast was very good, and was being filled up very quickly, especially with the amount of people at the hotel.
This hotel is right off the highway, and within blocks of close to 20 restaurants of varying types.
The only downside was the lack of a gym, although they did offer a free entrance into a gym down the street, which we did not avail ourselves of.
I would recommend this hotel, but feel the price was a bit high for this area, although it was the least expensive of this category hotel.
Also, this hotel is within a few miles of the Firekeepers Casino, which we did go to.

• Stayed: October 2011
5  Thank blondewithdogs
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Couldnt book a Marshall hotel when we had a project so we stayed here. Was the week of the Hot air balloon national competition so they were filled to capacity with chase trucks filling the parking lot.

Big truck parking is ok across the street.

Bed was comfy room was serviced every day. Only ding is frig too cold. Froze our veggies solid overnight. Hot tub nice first day....then had problems.

We would stay again if in the area. Was 20 minutes to our Marshall job site.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Candace R
Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel manager, Sam, charged us $100 for a bottle of lemon juice that we did not flush down the toilet. Corporate did nothing because it's independently owned. We're expat professionals, and shocked beyond belief how Baymont treated us charging us without our permission credit fraud. We'll never stay at Baymont again, and that's a long time...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Nice, clean king room. Mattress was wonderful!! Plenty of hot water, A/C worked fine, no complaints at all on the room. Desk clerks need to learn their job & learn customer skills. Lobby was SO hot for breakfast. Some food ran out, but it was so hot in there we took breakfast back to the room to eat. Pool should stay open later. Closed at 11pm on a holiday weekend. Never checked out the pool or spa, didn't have time.

Room Tip: Will go back here again if we stay in Battle Creek
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ekwjones
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My wife and I were married nearly 5 yrs ago and could never really afford a honeymoon. So for Memorial Day weekend this year, we planned a golf weekend at my favorite golf course in Marshall, MI and chose the Baymont Inn and Suites in Battle Creek to stay for the night. We were very excited.

That was until we checking into the hotel.

Checking in was fine. We got to our first room, and immediately asked for another as it iwas directly across from the elevator and vending and ice machines. We were given another room without a problem. Kudos...

Entering the second room was fine, too. Until we checked over the room and found a HUGE clump of hair in the bathtub drain. We notfied the front desk as were were leaving to go out for the night and the clerk immediately apologized and offered a $10 rate reduction. And the hair was not really a big issue in the grand scheme of things...I mean, it could have been a showerhead covered in pink and black mold and mildew.

Oh, wait... The rest of the room was good. Very clean linens, carpet, fixtures, etc. The next morning, I woke up to shower and found...Yes a pink and black moldy, mildewy shower head! We did not think to look "up" when checking the tub. As my wife was still sleeping, I did not call the front desk, I went downstairs and told the night clerk with the blurry eyes and wrinkled clothes. He gave the old "mechanic shrug" and asked me what he wanted me to do... I told him it wasn't my job to fix it, it was his. At that moment, the Head of Housekeeping walked by and they night clerk exclaimed..."She can help you!!!" When I explained the situation, she was embarrassed and apologetic and said she would send someone to clean it immediately. But again, my wife was sleeping and I did not want to wake her with someone coming into the room. The "H of Hsekpng" said she could try to find a new showerhead, but the maintenance man was off and wasnt sure where they were kept. I reminded her that we would likely need a wrench too, which, if the maint. man was off, his tools were likely locked up..

So, I grumbled off to the room where I used a washcloth and some soap to clean the showerhead as best I could and took a shower. Still gross...

My wife finally awoke... And I told her what had happened and she got in the shower. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, after all... It's not like the hotel was out of hot water...

Oh wait... Yes they ran out of hot water. My wife was not going to shower in cold water, so she decided to wait a while to see if it returned. I called the front desk...AGAIN...and asked for a late check out. I was told by the clerk that she could only extended check out time a half hour, and if any longer than that she would have to charge me for another night's stay. (YEAH NOOO!!)

Anyway... to make a long story short, I contacted the hotel mgr, who worked with the Corp Regional Mgr to get me a 50% refund. ( I thought we deserved 100%, but the Reg. Mgr said we used the room, so we had to pay a portion.)

The hotel mgr offered us something else which I cannot discuss as she said it would get her in trouble with the Reg. Mgr. and we will be giving the hotel another chance, as we have to return to the area to play golf again since we got rained out...

To summarize, Check out all of the things in your hotel room at this location. There is no reason, that for $118/night (hot tub room), you should not have hair in the drain and a nasty shower head. I can understand the hair being over-looked, but housekeeping had been ignoring the shower head for AGES.

I talked to or worked with 5 staff memebers... Three desk clerks, 1 "H of H" and the GM. 2 clerks, "H of H" and GM were good. Night clerk left something to be desired.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SwissRmeMan
Reviewed 23 April 2011

the hotel room was ok but the price was waaaay too expensive. the reception lady "neomi" offered us a special rate, which was approx. 20 bucks more expensive compared with their internet rate... at least she matched the price when we complained. she didn't give additional info about breakfast time, and facilities either.. so overal I would not stay here again but like I said, the room was ok and parking for free. still, there are many other hotels around... in my opinion, the price is not worth the room..

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple