“Kids love swimming.”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Battle Creek
“Kids love swimming.”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Overall the property is nice, well cared for, and a decent price.
I stayed here with a friend so both our sons could enjoy some time in the pool.
The room was clean and fresh, the complimentary breakfast was delicious including waffles, eggs, and biscuits and gravy for hot selections and a variety of cold food options.
We all had a relaxing night and morning.
It was also great to have the microwave and fridge in the room for any food we had with us.
The only minor concern I had was that in the pool area the condensation problem in the pool area caused the entire room to be periodically dripped on. So take note if you are not wanting to be wet do not sit in the room with the pool and hot tub.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Battle Creek/I-94, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you for your review. We are investigating the humidity issues in the pool area, and will have that situation corrected very soon. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Galloway
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The staff is really nice, I cannot fault them there at all. The front desk was great, and the lady that does the breakfast was very helpful.
That said, you get what you pay for.
The hotel is sort of upkept. The parking lot has a lot of holes, the landscaping is poorly done, and the laundry room is left open all day. So if you have a room on the first floor, west side, as we did - you'll have the cleaning staff lining up carts and talking/joking all morning long outside your room, and blocking the hall. The hotel laundry room is open all day too, so you can hear and smell that all day long also. It's not horrible, but it's also not very professional, is it?
The room was pretty decent. It was clean, and everything worked. Really, I can't complain there. The bathroom sink was slow and filled up when used. But it was pretty good.
Again, the staff was really nice.
The windows are super cheap single pane, and most of the screens look like they had holes; ours didn't even close up against the building, so would be useless if you opened the window. Biggest problem was noise, and that's a function of the type of crowd you get. There were plenty of people running around the parking lot, and lobby, into the late hours or Friday. And the building isn't super quiet. You hear everyone thumping about above you; and, your room door doesn't even come close to touching the floor. So you got a nice bright half inch gap into the main hallway. You will hear EVERYTHING that goes on out there.
They did have a high chair at the breakfast area, which was super helpful. And they did get us a pack n play when we forgot ours. I can't say enough how nice the staff was.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your review. Please rest assured that as Spring has now arrived, we will be working on the landscaping. As for the rest, we will take your suggestions into consideration as we move forward with our renovations and within each department of the hotel.
We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Lies,Lies, LIes... reservation set up on wrong night- my error. Was told by staff that the whole hotel was booked and only room available was one with damp floors from broken sprinkler valve. Mgr told me that if I could get the booking website to change our reservation to that night, the hotel would approve it and we could just change our prepaid reservation. Took me five calls during a concert to finally get the booking website to respond to request computer problems) and make change. Was then charged by hotel for even more (one and a half times what I originally paid) for that night too! So we spent over $240 for a room that we could not take our shoes off in due to damp floors. Was told we would get a credit multiple times from multiple staff members but to this date, nothing ever credited. I have held off on this review waiting for resolution but it is clear that it will not come. Worst customer service ever. horrible stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple