“If you ever go through Battle Creek...”

Antonio's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 162 Restaurants in Battle Creek
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Little restaurant with about 8 tables
toronto
“If you ever go through Battle Creek...”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was going to be in Battle Creek overnight, and this place had a very good profile on Tripadvisor, so I went. It is easy to access from I-94.
It is small, there is no liquor license. It is a family run place, all the food made by them. The food was excellent, and so cheap. Their chicken tamale may be the best I have ever had. The folks there are lovely. I live in Toronto, and have never had Mexican food this good. Or in Indianapolis, where I grew up. If you are ever around this city and love Mexican food, it is a MUST!!!

• Visited August 2013

Marshall, Michigan
“A nice experience”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was our first visit. We were there on a Thursday night at prime time. The place is small. Only about 15 tables and a little tight. Decor was not over done with the Mexican theme.

We were waited on quickly by a very pleasant women. The chips and salsa was just ok. I ordered the pork tamale with rice and beans. The meal was very good. Just a perfect blend of flavors. The portions were large, so I ask for a box. My husband enjoyed his meal. It was getting real busy at this point and there seemed to be just the one waitress, but she was on top of everything and getting everyone taken care of. She did an excellent job. The prices were very reasonable. We will definitely stop in again.

• Visited July 2013
“Good food and speedy service”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on a trip between Detroit and Chicago based on Trip Advisor reviews. Locals were there - always a good sign. The service was friendly and fast. The food was very good. Fresh, made to order and plentiful. Definitely would stop again when we are in the area.

Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very worth it!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

It may be a small place to be, but they sure don't serve small plates. I like to get their Beef Wet Buritto along with a soda. And usually I only spent(I think) about $10. Just to say something though, I am 6ft 3" and 19 years old. That being said I can usually put any Wet Burrito away no problem, but I can't usually finish theirs. I am always full and all of my family always is. They have kind workers and they almost always get the food out to you quickly.

I totally say if you are looking to stop, but are looking at reviews for peoples opinions, you got my recommendation.

A little advice though...Don't be surprised if they are full. People love them. Just about every time I go, they have a lot of people there.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank USARescue
Marshall, MI
“Authentic but nit over priced!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Just a little out of the way, but worth the drive, is Antonio's. A family owned and operated authentic Mexican Restaurant that features a wide menu variety and multiple specials every day. The place is small, only about 30 to 40 packed in, so if you want to get there for lunch or dinner, it is recommneded that you go a little early or later for either meal. Once you get there, you will be served quickly and the quantity and quality will be great. Then, when you get your check, you will be even more satisfied!! This is a 'must stop' place and we do that many time throughout the year. GIVE IT A TRY!

Visited March 2013