All reviewsslot machinesfirekeepers casinofree roomsteam roomdouble sinkslarge showertable gamesventilation systemnon smoking areagaming floorpool areavery nice hotelhotel experienceplayers cardbeds were very comfortablehot tubcoffee maker
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I love this hotel! And once again, as I did last Christmas season, I got rooms for family members, thanks to some great rates Firekeeper's offered. Makes for great Christmas gifts! Two of the rooms I got were for my sons and their sweethearts. No one had a negative thing to say about their stay. They enjoyed the pool, the room, the food, and the casino.

The rooms are large. I like the long desk along side the wall. I'm getting used to the sliding doors on the bathroom though you have to be careful not to close them too hard. I've never had an issue with the temp of the room and all the rooms I've stayed in, they have always been very clean and inviting.

We all had a great time gambling and then meeting later at Dacey's. Of course, I'm over there enough that I know the majority of the bartenders and they always treat me so well.

Check in and out was a breeze. I love the fact that almost every time I went up to the room or came down to the casino, I was always greeted by very friendly workers; from security to housekeeping. Really helps in making one feel special!

The only thing I would complain about (and only because it snowed several inches) was I wish valet could park the cars in a covered spot. They can't and whomever the guy was that fetched our car did a good job at clearing it off.

Keep up the good work, Firekeepers!! I will be staying again soon.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view. I always bring a fan so noise from the hallways do not bother me much.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MichiganKitty
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

You're becoming a happy regular, Kitty--and that's always good to know. Sounds like your family had a great time and we're so glad they enjoyed the pool, the room, the food, and the casino. Our staff always goes above and beyond in all areas--miles of smiles--whether it is speedy service, welcoming and appreciative of all guests, and the creative cuisine in every restaurant is just so delicious. Thanks for the sparkling review and we believe we'll see you again soon. :)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed at the Firekeepers Casino Hotel for the first time this week. The room was lovely! It was very clean and had so many amenities. I loved the makeup mirror and want one for home. it was wonderful for these old eyes.

Food in the hotel/casino was very good and quite reasonably priced. The wait staff was so friendly and efficient. We were especially happy with Cindy our waitress in the Smoke n Fire restaurant. She was informative and friendly and very efficient. We ate in the buffet and the food was very good. There were lots of choices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank red621

What a wonderful visit! Thank you for your review. Our comfortable hotel rooms offer amenities like the "easy-on-the-eyes" makeup mirror. Our staff has garnered rave reviews for their attention to guest service--in every area. And our world-class Chefs and Cooks create amazing dishes. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

It was our first time at the hotel. We got a great price for the night. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The only negative...wish they would have told us when we checked in that we couldn't bring our bags through the casino. We had to be escorted through the casino.
Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your review. We do have some great bargains out there. The staff here is exceptional, always going beyond guest expectations. We apologize for your baggage situation and suggest using the Hotel entrance and our Valet service at no charge. We hope your first visit will not be your last. :)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Had a very nice stay except I could hear the people snoring in the rooms next to me. The staff was very helpful with any questions that I had . The food that I ate at the restaurant in the hotel part was beyond expectations.

• Stayed: February 2014
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for your outstanding review of our staff and restaurant cuisine. We apologize for the loud guest snoring and hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We live in Michigan and frequently stay at the Firekeepers hotel as a get away. This was a 2 night stay for our anniversary, and I have to say I am becoming a little worried about the hotel's upkeep. This was definitely a 5 star originally when it opened. That was a year or so ago and it is starting to show signs of wear. We noticed snags in the curtains, knicks on the woodwork, spots on the carpet as well as on the amenity trays, dust on pictures, mirrors, and headboards and lampshades in need of fixing. Nothing major yet, but in time it all adds up and reduces the rating of the rooms. Perhaps the maid staff have too many rooms to clean in too short of time, but management should be aware.
We ate at several of the restaurants, and had a good time gambling and the bartenders were super. I just want to keep coming here to stay and not be forced to find another 5 star casino hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
FireKeepersCasino, Guest Relations Manager at Firekeepers Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

We appreciate your taking time to write about your concerns. They are duly noted. Since opening in December 2012, hotel occupancy rate has been through the roof with so many satisfied guests. We thank you for increasing our awareness of some things (as your wrote—small but, still important) that we need to better focus on. Your message has been seen by top hotel management so they can learn about your feedback. Thank you again for writing and we would like to assure you that we take care of business, are responsive to guest feedback--and you will not need to stay anywhere else!.