“Featuring Unique Menu Items”
Review of Lux Cafe

Lux Cafe
Ranked #4 of 171 Restaurants in Battle Creek
Reviewed 15 January 2018

The owners have been in the restaurant business locally for many years. I'm impressed most by some of the menu items you won't find elsewhere. While Lux is well known for breakfast, you'll find food cooked with care and large portions of anything you order. The restaurant set-up features three distinct sections. The back section accommodates large groups for a business meeting or family celebration.
Parking is a challenge; you may have to drive to the "back forty," but Lux Cafe's location is ideal, being right off the freeway (I-94).

1  Thank Paulaghost

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Huge portions, great taste and big restaurant so long waits are rare. Parking a little bit of an issue, but the food is great.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

The absolute best breakfast food I have ever tasted!!!! Wish I had discovered this place and their outstanding food sooner. Lux Cafe deserves a 10 star rating. We usually go for breakfast. Anything ordered is always good. The omelets are to die for-always freshly prepared and not skimpy on the filling. Their chocolate chip pancakes are excellent and filling. Be prepared to take home some of you meal because their portions are so large, one cannot finish it in one sitting. The servers are friendly and super efficient. Other restaurants should take note on how this place runs. LUx is always busy and that is because of their good reputation which they so deserve.

1  Thank marybT5775QN
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a late breakfast on my way to Wayland, Michigan. This is a Mom & Pop style restaurant. Service was very good and the place was clean. Food portions are large and very good. Had eggs, bacon, hash browns and pancakes. I was stuffed. If your in the area you need to try them. Place has a large number of people stopping so it is busy.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I stopped for a late (10am) breakfast. I never had one of their skillets, but the omelets are legendary in Battle Creek. I had the Bandaloo (unsure of the spelling) and it was excellent. The quantity of chorizo and fresh, not canned or bottled, jalapeños were impressive and fresh. The portion of hash browns was generous. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. The only bad part was the waitress that took my order and brought my meal. I never saw her again until I stacked my plates at the edge of table and was obviously finished. I had set my empty water glass at the edge of the table about a quarter into my meal, but no refills were forthcoming until she brought my check. That was OK. It was still an excellent breakfast and made figuring out her tip incredibly easy!