“I Eat Donuts Every Day!”

Sweetwater's Donut Mill
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Battle Creek
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Description: Sweetwater's Donut Mill is a donut shop in southwest Michigan that has been serving homemade donuts and coffee for over 30 years. Sweetwater's has been owned by the Garner family since 1983 and is still serving the same donuts with the same quality and great service that have been around since the stores first opened their doors.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I mean, if the view from the hotel balcony is a mom and pop donut shop, then I must be in heaven. I frequented the donut shop by my house every day fro twenty five years so I am a donut addict. Open twenty four hours too boot! Huge cinnamon twist, glazed twist equally great and I definitely put on some pounds this week. The place is always busy, by 8:00 in morning a zoo. Give this one a try!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Open 24/7 so the BEST time to get 'em fresh is around 4am, but who's awake at that time, NOT me thank Goodness.

But even later is perfectly fine with such a wide selection of cake donuts, stuffed donuts, donut holes, I just go nuts over all these great donuts. One of a favs is the Chocolate Delight that is a choc donut with choc frosting with choc chips and I believe choc sprinkles too... Yep, same price as all the other donuts.

They even have a frequent donut flyer card that you get a free dozen donuts after so many purchases!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Every area has THE spot. When someone is visiting, it's the place you always tell them "while you're there, you have to go to...". For Battle Creek (and Kalamazoo), it is Sweetwater's. We have been going there for years. From the time we lived in the area and even now, living an hour and fifteen minutes away, we still stop by this shop for a treat. My son has been known to drive the hour-plus just to get a dozen donuts. And, btw, their coffee is quite good, too. Their location, in a three- or four-shop strip plaza on the corner of Beckley Rd. and Capital Ave., is quite convenient as it is in the Lakeview Mall area. The shop is a bit of a throwback as it has changed little in three or more decades. It still has a seventies donut shop feel with several tables and a counter where you can sit to enjoy your treats. On this trip, while I had to forego the pleasure because of my current eating regimen, my son got his favorite...the Reese's, which is a chocolate cake donut topped with peanut butter creme and chocolate icing. My favorite is the New York Cheesecake which has cream cheese filling and strawberry creme on top. But they have so many interesting and unusual varieties that it makes it hard to choose. I also like the Peanut Butter and Jelly as well as the Oreo, the German Chocolate, the Snickers, the Heath Crunch and the Mounds. How this place only has three franchises I will never know. I could imagine this could be a hit anywhere. I was particularly struck by the friendliness and efficiency of the service this time. It has always been good but our attendant was particularly gracious this time. The prices are quite reasonable and unquestionably well worth every dime. I would highly recommend this place for a treat if you are in the area.