“Wont Return”

Quality Inn & Suites of Battle Creek
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed here for the Holiday weekend ready to swim but they had no pool and the old lady at the front desk was very rude when we asked about it! The walls are very thin i could hear one guy snoring all nite and on the other side a guys phone conversation as well im sure they heard activities of my boyfriend and i all night! I also found trash behind the night stand from someones previous stay. I hate bugs this is the first time ive seen bugs in this class of a hotel. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Deanna T

Reviewed 9 July 2013

11 friends and I stayed here for a golf weekend in July/13. We had booked 6 rooms and they were ready on time and altogether like we requested. The hotel looks new but likely renovated and it looks great. All 6 of our rooms were clean and spacious. The beds were comfortable and clean. The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. It's close to restaurants, gas stations and the Casino. A hot breakfast was included and was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We couldn't get a room at the casino so we stayed in this one (owned by the casino) that is about 1/4 mile from the casino. The Quality Inn has a complimentary shuttle to the casino so that was really nice.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Our window looked right at the casino, which is really pretty. I wish the windows would open but alas, they are fixed.
The staff was friendly and helpful. We only had coffee from the breakfast room but the room was decorated nicely and the breakfast smelled good!
Speaking of smelling, that's the only problem that I had with this hotel. The lobby had a moldy odor and when you went to the bar/restaurant area, the odor was very strong. I would never eat there just because of the smell.

Room Tip: I would stay away from Room 230. I noticed that it is directly across from the ice maker and I'...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed last week, the room was very clean, the hallways were clean. Easy in and out on the main floor and lots of outside areas to step out to smoke, if you want to smoke. Free shuttle to Casino!!!! Awesome. The staff was very nice. 20% off with your red hot rewards card makes it a good deal... Plan to return soon.... I travel for business and pleasure!!!

Room Tip: I like first floor, Kingsize room... and free shuttle to Casino..
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed one night . The room was very large and clean. We missed breakfast so I can't review that. When I went to check-in,the desk clerk told me if I got a players card from Fire Watcher's Casino I would get a 20% discount. It took a total of 10 minutes to drive to the casino, get the players card and return to the hotel .Thank you desk clerk.

Room Tip: We stayed on the main floor towards the back but by an exit door, room 130. I would ask for a room a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mymeme50
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I would not recommend this hotel for anyone at anytime! We came as a huge group for a weekend, everything was planned ahead of time and some of our rooms were horrible. We had some people have to move rooms, the pool was broken, there is no elevator, and they gave us a group rate yet made a member of are party who was handicapped pay even more because he couldn't climb stairs. The hotel staff was absolutely rude and it was uncalled for. The only member of the staff that was wonderful was the guy who drove the shuttle to and from the hotel and casino. They also told us we could use one of their party rooms to eat and all get together then when we tried told us it was a 150$ service charge instead, so we didn't end up getting to use it. The breakfast may have been free but it was cold and horrible and they closed it way before it was supposed to be and also ran out of things. We all asked for Later check out as well and they accommodated us to but not to some members of our party because they said they didn't "do a late check out". Just completely horrible. Don't ever go there. Save your money and find a different place.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank hollx3
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This tired old MOTEL room was jacked up to $177.00 including tax. It was a 60.00 room in my opinion. I questioned the staff about a couple of things that I had been told when I phoned, and was basically told, "You booked through choice.com. They'll say anything." It is, of course, a Quality Inn, Choice Hotels property. LOTS of ants. We were there for a concert, and the locals were horrified that we were charged this price for this tired old nugget. They've skyrocketed the prices because of the Casino, but there is no comparison. Keep looking.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. There are lots of hotels near the casino. We were not aware of the surroundings...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Courtyard Battle Creek
Courtyard Battle Creek
#5 of 19 in Battle Creek
Red Roof Inn & Suites Battle Creek

Been to Quality Inn & Suites of Battle Creek? Share your experiences!