“Ok for tired traveler”

Travelodge Battle Creek
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Had never stayed at a hotel in this price category but must say I got what I paid for and enjoyed what I got Rooms were tired but clean Beds were extremely comfortable and I had a great nights sleep When we first arrived in the room I opened tje window to get some fresh air and thought the surrounding noise from the highways would be an issue but as soon as I closed the window found out otherwise the night was incredibly quiet

complimentary breakfast was spartan but in line sith expectations served in a small room that doubles as the hotel lobby

for a one night stop definatley on my repeat stop list

• Stayed June 2013
Minesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Battle Creek, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Hello EGL55,

Thank you for giving us the chance to provide your lodging needs in our hotel. We are glad to have sufficed your expectations and your satisfaction is our goal as we value your business.

I look forward to your next visit and allow us to better serve you.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 6 June 2013

if you don't have much money and you would rather sleep in a room then your car then stay here. bad service at front desk. the guy asked me if my last name was my first name. he obviously did not graduate high school. lots of lower class poeple. nice location but everything was bad about this place. loud, walls are thin, bad wifi, stains on beds, towels were tan and not white anymore & the shower was bad. i will never stay here again. should have put up the other $30 to stay somewhere nice. battle creek is a dead zone. the mall sucked. nothing happens here. except lindsay the bartender at applebees down the road, she was worth going there to see at least. she was the only decent looking girl i found in the whole town. DON'T DO IT!

Room Tip: don't choose a room. take your butt somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hello tomh099,

It is extremely disheartening to hear about this experience that you faced during your stay in our hotel . I will be escalating this matter to further investigate the details of what exactly took place. Please know that this is taken very seriously and will be addressed accordingly.

We appreciate candid reviews from all our guests as it help us improve to offer better services and comfortable accommodation.

Travellers are raving about these Battle Creek hotels

Villa Park
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Got a single King room (room 202) on Saturday 6/1/2013 for $46.94 w/tax (AAA rate). Made the reservation at the Travelodge website - better price than the popular travel consolidator websites I checked. Room was great - clean, no smells, beds and furniture were newer. No issues with the bathroom. Felt safe, got a great rate and a fine room - what's not to like? Went to the nearby Lux Cafe for a nice breakfast with the money I saved.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Hello scannergeek,

We are very glad to have provided you value accommodation. Your positive feedback ensure us that we have delivered to your satisfaction and gives us motivation to stay committed in our goal to offer our guests quality services all the time.

Thank you for making Travelodge your choice of hotel.
Grand Rapids
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is the second Travelodge that my fiance and I have stayed at to have a couple of hours to relax and get some peace/quiet. Honestly, if one is looking for luxury and high expectations, then I would not advise staying at a Travelodge - Travelodge is great for a reasonably priced stay, for a couple of hours/overnight and just a place to rest and relax. If you don't have high demands/expectations considering these are not 4 star season resort/spas, then this should meet your expectations. The room we stayed at was reasonably clean, the water was clear, and we had clean towels/bathroom amenities to utilize. It was comfort/cozy and we surely enjoyed the couple of hours we stayed. Thank you Travelodge for meeting our expectations, you can be sure we'll be back.

As I read in another review, this is a convenient spot in terms of location as there are several fast food restaurants around, an ER room across the street, some gas stations, a casino five minutes away, and easy to get on and off the highway (US 131).

Room Tip: Ask for the value rate room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beth_Ann_08
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

First off, I'd like to say that based on the existing 3.5 TripAdvisor rating I wouldn't have stayed here. Rather I would've picked something that was at least a 4. However, I was not in control of booking. So here we go:

Lobby Workers: Polite.

Lobby: Small & uninviting.

Room: Smelled of smoke upon entering (even though it's supposed to be smoke free), bathroom - serious peeling trim (ceiling & floor), sink - the best part of it is the pretty counter top, tub/shower - bad caulk job which makes it look nasty, towels - dingy, tv/stands/lampshades - dusty, bed - surprisingly decent (because there weren't any stains on the sheets). I typically don't sleep well in motels because I'm quite fond of my own bed. So I really can't speak on the compfortability of the bed.

Location: close proximity to a mall & several restaurants.

*If you're a picky traveler, like me, and are looking for a "nice" motel, this isn't it (Sorry, but I have high standards). However, if you're just looking for something convenient & budget friendly, this motel will probably work for you.

• Stayed May 2013
Steele, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Travel lodge is conveniently located with multiple stores and restaurants surrounding the facility. I would highly recommend with the amazing staff and very very clean facility. I wouldn't hesitate to stay hear again. Comfortable surroundings are always great!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family