“Good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
WAUWATOSA
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This hotel is located close to the Interstate, restaurants and stores. It borders the Interstate but I did not hear the noise of traffic with the window closed and the A/C running. Pleasant staff at check-in however, I requested a first floor room and was assigned a 3rd floor room (no elevator). It didn't seem that anyone had read my request prior to check-in as the gentleman stated they usually do put guests traveling with dogs on the first floor. I was pleasantly reassigned a first floor room. NOTE: the first floor is a bit below ground level so there are 3-4 steps down to the first floor which may be a problem for some guests.
This hotel is undergoing renovation so while my room had new light fixtures, carpet, a 40" flat screen tv, there were chunks missing out of the pressed board night stands and burn marks on the bed spread (it is a non-smoking hotel). I like the security of having to use a key card for exterior doors. The interior door on my room beeped if it wasn't latched tightly after several seconds, nice! The room was clean and overall a nice stay for me and my show dog.

Room Tip: Room 119 is the furthest from the front desk but nearest the back door so it worked out great for lo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank sallyann73
Minesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Battle Creek, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Hello sallyann73,

It is nice to know that you were accommodated properly during your stay with us, I apologize for the momentary inconvenience on the oversight of your request to be placed in the 1st floor as well as on the ongoing renovation. Thank you for bringing your concerns on the quality of bed as well as the the bed spread. I will request an evaluation on this matter so that this will be checked and addressed accordingly. We truly appreciate your business and I am glad that you had overall comfortable stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here while at the airshow. Price was great at $65 (incl tax) for a room with 2 double beds.

Hall and rooms look very tired and worn but bed was comfortable and clean. Hall smells like an older apartment building. Location is convenient to highway.

Breakfast was fine with 2 choices of cereal along with fruit and bread products. Couldn't find the OJ and they ran out of bananas on the counter.

The older window a/c drowns out nearly everything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Minesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Battle Creek, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Hello bills_pix,

Thank you for your choice to stay in our hotel. I am glad that you were comfortable in the room assigned to you as well its quality of clean. I apologize however, for the discomfort you faced on the AC unit. I will accelerate your feedback so that this will be checked and addressed immediately to avoid further inconvenience. we will make sure breakfast is replenished promptly thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. I apologize, the crew must not have prepared enough timely.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

It's a great cheap hotel when u need a place to lay ur head. Its a great no smoking hotel with minor issues but u get what u pay for. Alex and Haj are really good people. They can add also give tips about the city should u ask.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank Joseph W
Minesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Battle Creek, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Mr. Joseph,

Thank you for allowing us to provide your accommodation needs and we sincerely appreciate your time in sharing your experience with us and for taking note of the efficient customer service you received. Your satisfaction completes our business. We will continue on our effort to be able to provide our guests quality services at all times. Your business is valuable to us.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great room for the weekly rate price. Probably as nice as a room at the Baymont Inn down the street for half the price! Pet friendly and a great walking trail across the street toward the library.

Was promised one price for dogs and weekly stay and charged another. It should not be might fault if your staff doesn't know your policies and rates!

Had to call office a couple times to stop the frat party going on in the parking lot. Corn hole right outside my window! Also, this property allows public drinking outside..like all day construction workers were drinking in parking lot! Not good!

Also, maids burst in the room twice while we were inside room.

And now I have been double charged for my week stay! And still waiting for the charge to come off!

It's cheap if you are willing to deal with a whole bunch of incompetance!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Minesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Battle Creek, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello birdiegirl84,

I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay with us. I will accelerate your concerns for immediate evaluation and trust that your concerns about policy on pets will be presented more clearly and issues about activities in the parking lot will be brought to management’s attention so that this will be addressed accordingly. Moreover, please know that it would take about a week before the charges would come off your credit card from the date it was processed. Thank you very much for your business.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

It's a one-star facility that costs less than $50/night, so I was not expecting much. Place was clean but had the old-motel smell. Bring Febreeze, your own pillow and sleeping bag, and a ziplock for the tv remote and you will do fine. Staff was nice &friendly.

Stayed June 2014
Minesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Battle Creek, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hello Mr. Daniel C.,

Thank you for not hesitating to stay with us. Please know that we appreciate candid comments from our guests as it help us identify the aspects we need to improve. I will accelerate your comments on the beddings so that these will be evaluated and addressed properly. I am glad that you were satisfied by the efficiency of our staff, I do hope that you will give us another chance to offer you more comfortable accommodation in the future.