“A dated motel”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Toronto, ON
“A dated motel”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Likes: 1) Inexpensive; 2) Convenient location - just off I-69, and many shops and restaurants within a 5-min drive; 3) Fridge and microwave in room; 4) Decent breakfast - wide selections like cereals, bagel, danish, bread, DIY waffles, bananas, milk, coffee, and juices.

Dislikes: 1) No hair-dryer; 2) under 8-ft room ceiling; 3) swimming pool was temporarily closed; 4) other than the fridge/microwave, wash basin counter-top and faucet, everything else in room is dated.

Conclusion: For a family of 4 @ $50 (AAA discount and taxes incl), we accepted this motel because it was for only 1 night and we have low standards.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Trip_Review_DN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bandana, KY
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I came into the parking lot thinking this hotel would not be what I expected, but for battle creek I gotta say, it turned out to be pretty safe! It was quiet and they had good breakfast! They serve great continental breakfast! totally worth the price I paid for, cause I got a room and breakfast for the price of one. Surprisingly clean rooms, the beds are kind of hard, but all the other places were filled up and I had to stay here, so in that case it was pretty good. BETTER than expected

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Large rooms , helpful staff and great location. If you are visiting the area I believe knight inn is a great value. Have stayed in many of the areas hotels while visiting on business and this is the best value I have found.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I didnt expect much coming in to this hotel. But the room i got for the price we paid for was more than reasonable. If you want to get a nice room and pay $200 a night just go to the Holiday Inn in town. I have realized that in this world you get what you pay for so you have to go into every hotel with that mind set. This hotel is nothing like what they other bad reviewers say and i would recommend this hotel to everyone who just want a hotel in these economic times.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackson, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We had reserved a whirlpool room, and we went there early before the show we had tickets to, to find the room, with poorly hung trim with questional decor and the tv remote didn't work, stains on the sheet and when we went to use the whirlpool tub the whirlpool did not work. we were very dis appointed, even after the clerk could barely speaak english. we would definitely say don't go to this hotel. My husband who is an Iraq veteran said he's stayed in better places there in Iraq.

Room Tip: go somewhere else, even if you have to pay more. it will be worth it
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy K

Travellers are raving about these Battle Creek hotels

Burton, Michigan
Reviewed 19 September 2012

After reading the reviews for the Battle Creek hotel, I was a little scared to be staying here September 13 - 16, 2012. Arriving early, I was glad to be able to check in early. I opened the door to the room and it was nothing like was listed in the other reviews. There were no dead bugs, no foreign stains, no mold in the shower, no weird smells. Then I was still worried about the nights that someone described in a review. There were no drug dealers or hookers and the parking lot was well lit. The front desk was extremely pleasant and the housekeeper was very helpful. You rarely read the good reviews and this one is a good review. I just booked my room for next year's show! Look forward to staying here in the future!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Montague, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I just returned home after staying at this hotel for four days while I was attending a dog show in Marshall, Michigan. I was apprehensive about staying after reading the reviews posted here, but I was very pleased with my room so I decided to write a review. I had a very clean, comfortable room with newer carpeting, a microwave and refrigerator, and an air conditioner with a thermostat which worked great, especially considering the extremely high heat and humidity over the weekend. I thought it was a very good value and will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo