“Friendly staff, great accommodations!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We just returned from a weekend spent in Bay City for a hockey tournament and we were so impressed that I felt I needed to write a review immediately upon our return home. Every employee was so polite and accommodating to us. Dawn was so helpful in setting up our room block for our team and answering my many questions, and everyone working the front desk was so polite and helpful. The express breakfast was perfect for our early mornings before the game and we were able to use the large eating area for team gatherings in the evening. The hotel is very clean and our room was in great condition! Everything appeared to be very new. We had a king suite which had a pullout couch and a small kitchenette area and the room overall was very spacious. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Familyfun21905
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hello familyfun21905,

It was great having you stay with us and we are all so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to your next tournament!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed one night, the night of the 4th at this hotel and the customer service, Tami, greeted us with a smile and checked us in quick. The first room we were in had not been cleaned. As I walked in I noticed the trash cans did not have bags in them, and the fridge still had food and drinks in it. We were ready for bed as soon as we got into the room and we pulled down the sheets and noticed the bed had hair all over it, immediately knowing the bed hadn't been washed or changed. I went down and was explaining the situation to Tami and very sincerely she apologized and gave me keys to another room. This room was the executive suite with the whirlpool bedside. The room was very clean and comfortable. The entire customer service staff was very polite and helpful, but if it wasn't for Tami, we most likely would not stay here again. Thanks to Tami, who cleared up the mistake of the dirty room, we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hello Leigh C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and of the excellent service Tammi was able to provide you during your visit! I am so sorry for the issue with your room when you first arrived and am glad you were able to enjoy our executive suite for the remainder of your visit. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel. I was greeted friendly at the front desk. The desk attendant told me if I needed anything that she would be there till 11pm. About 11:15pm, working at the desk in my room, the door opens and a couple starts to walk in. I said "Hello?" and they apologized and left. I should have probably followed-up with the front desk but just went to bed and crashed for the night (after locking me door :-)). The night was uneventful and I received a restful sleep.

The next morning, I did not receive a bill under my door. Stopping by the front desk, I spoke with the front desk agent and she apologized immediately for the mix-up. I told her it was fine and she appreciated me not getting too upset.

Even with that minor issue I would stay here again. The rooms were really clean (personal note from the house keeping staff in my room) and overall a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Hello Hunterhersh,

Firstly, I am so sorry that you were disturbed during your stay with us! I assure this is not a typical issue that we have. However, in spite of that I am so glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your visit with us. We can't wait to have you stay with us again, glitch free next time.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hotel is in great location., near freeway, stores & dining. Hotel was very clean, breakast was fully stocked and the staff was extremly friendly. Kids used the pool and enjoyed. Managment gets two thumbs up !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Hello Nanatrvl,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We are so pleased you were able to enjoy all of our amenities.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Jessica greeted us with a smile. She was pleasant and checked us in promptly. I was upgraded to a king whirlpool suite. The property was calendar, well maintained, and nicely furnished. I would definitely stay again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather V
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hello Heather V,

Jessica was so happy to see that she made your stay so memorable. Thank you for your kind words and we hope you'll be able to come back again soon!

Leilani S

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We travel regularly between NY and WI, taking two days to drive. We took a northerly route this time and stayed overnight in Bay City, MI. We have a small dog, so we needed a pet friendly hotel. We found this place, which was reasonably priced (there is a $25 fee for the dog). The hotel is conveniently located a block of I-75 and surrounded with restaurants and shopping. We had head other reviews of the hotel, but found our room in excellent condition and clean. New flat screen TV, bathroom in good working order, etc. I've attached a couple pics of room. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and we were very pleased that coffee and some of the breakfast items were available at 5am when we wanted to depart.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello billq-newburgh,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your stay with us! I'm so happy you and your family (furry ones included) were able to enjoy your visit with us.

Leilani S

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here several times for business (at the state rate, so I can't comment on any price issues) and have always enjoyed my stay. Nice rooms, nice breakfast, good location for my needs. No complaints!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hello Kmwalter,

I'm so pleased you have enjoyed your stays with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your visits. We look forward to your next trip!