“Disappointed for a Holiday Inn!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Saginaw, Michigan
“Disappointed for a Holiday Inn!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Front service desk was great to work with! Check out was a breeze! Breakfast was fair! Typical hot breakfast! Issue was with our room! the room was located right across from the pool, was a jacuzzi suite. As soon as we walked in the room it had a terrible odor. Almost a mold smell with smoke smell. I had a headache all night, didn't sleep well, got up and left right after breakfast which we ate about 7am. Right above the window had water damage with a really bad patch job. The water in the shower never got hot, it was warm but not hot. Will not opt to stay there after this visit if I can help it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beachfan19
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hello Beachfan19,

I'm very sorry you were so disappointed with your room during your visit. I can assure that this is not typical of all of our rooms. I have reviewed all of the information you gave us with our maintenance and housekeeping managers to determine what action to take to remedy the odor issues and hot water along with better repair the patch work. We can not improve without your comments and so I am truly thankful that you took the time to write this review. I hope you will give us another chance in the future, I am more than confident we will be able to regain your faith in our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ok, due to weather, I had to cancel my reservation, BUT, something happened prior to my non-stay. The day before, I had a voicemail from the hotel recognizing my IHG rewards status, and asking if there were any requests I had prior to my stay. I've never had that happen with any other IHG property, or any other travel provider, for that matter. Not sure when I'll be in the Bay City area again, but I'm pretty sure I know where I'd stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thugsdaddy
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Hello Russ48103,

the team here was so glad to see how much you appreciated our call ahead initative. We've all been working very hard to deliver just a little something extra and new to our guests. I'm sorry that the Michigan weather prevented you from being able to stay with us this time but hope that you'll make it up here soon!
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We just returned from a weekend spent in Bay City for a hockey tournament and we were so impressed that I felt I needed to write a review immediately upon our return home. Every employee was so polite and accommodating to us. Dawn was so helpful in setting up our room block for our team and answering my many questions, and everyone working the front desk was so polite and helpful. The express breakfast was perfect for our early mornings before the game and we were able to use the large eating area for team gatherings in the evening. The hotel is very clean and our room was in great condition! Everything appeared to be very new. We had a king suite which had a pullout couch and a small kitchenette area and the room overall was very spacious. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Familyfun21905
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hello familyfun21905,

It was great having you stay with us and we are all so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to your next tournament!
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed one night, the night of the 4th at this hotel and the customer service, Tami, greeted us with a smile and checked us in quick. The first room we were in had not been cleaned. As I walked in I noticed the trash cans did not have bags in them, and the fridge still had food and drinks in it. We were ready for bed as soon as we got into the room and we pulled down the sheets and noticed the bed had hair all over it, immediately knowing the bed hadn't been washed or changed. I went down and was explaining the situation to Tami and very sincerely she apologized and gave me keys to another room. This room was the executive suite with the whirlpool bedside. The room was very clean and comfortable. The entire customer service staff was very polite and helpful, but if it wasn't for Tami, we most likely would not stay here again. Thanks to Tami, who cleared up the mistake of the dirty room, we will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Hello Leigh C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and of the excellent service Tammi was able to provide you during your visit! I am so sorry for the issue with your room when you first arrived and am glad you were able to enjoy our executive suite for the remainder of your visit. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.
Buxton, North Dakota
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel. I was greeted friendly at the front desk. The desk attendant told me if I needed anything that she would be there till 11pm. About 11:15pm, working at the desk in my room, the door opens and a couple starts to walk in. I said "Hello?" and they apologized and left. I should have probably followed-up with the front desk but just went to bed and crashed for the night (after locking me door :-)). The night was uneventful and I received a restful sleep.

The next morning, I did not receive a bill under my door. Stopping by the front desk, I spoke with the front desk agent and she apologized immediately for the mix-up. I told her it was fine and she appreciated me not getting too upset.

Even with that minor issue I would stay here again. The rooms were really clean (personal note from the house keeping staff in my room) and overall a good hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Hello Hunterhersh,

Firstly, I am so sorry that you were disturbed during your stay with us! I assure this is not a typical issue that we have. However, in spite of that I am so glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your visit with us. We can't wait to have you stay with us again, glitch free next time.
Clinton Township, Mi
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hotel is in great location., near freeway, stores & dining. Hotel was very clean, breakast was fully stocked and the staff was extremly friendly. Kids used the pool and enjoyed. Managment gets two thumbs up !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Hello Nanatrvl,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We are so pleased you were able to enjoy all of our amenities.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Jessica greeted us with a smile. She was pleasant and checked us in promptly. I was upgraded to a king whirlpool suite. The property was calendar, well maintained, and nicely furnished. I would definitely stay again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Heather V
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Hello Heather V,

Jessica was so happy to see that she made your stay so memorable. Thank you for your kind words and we hope you'll be able to come back again soon!

Leilani S