Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was an excellent hotel. The beds are comfy and the shower was hot. The sink has a mixer valve to prevent scalding and it was not adjusted properly. So the sink had lukewarm water. The breakfast was done well. Thank you for the good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank P B
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Hello P B,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had a great stay at this Holiday Inn, Check in was very smooth and quick and the room clean. All staff I encountered were very polite and helpful and housekeeping did a good job with requests. Breakfast was good, with the style of egg being changed daily as to provide some variety. Only complaint about this hotel would be the climate control. It seemed that there was a constant cold breeze coming from under the heating unit, and that it was very hard to maintain a temperature in the room as it was either too hot or too cold in the room and there seemed to be no happy medium. Would defenitly visit this hotel again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kyle B
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hello Kyle B,

I'm very sorry that you had issues with temp control. It sounds like there may have been a vent open that allowed cold air into your room. I have assigned my maintenance team to go through our Jacuzzi suites to verify that these are all shut tight to prevent any breeze from entering. However, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. Thank you so much for visiting us!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Front service desk was great to work with! Check out was a breeze! Breakfast was fair! Typical hot breakfast! Issue was with our room! the room was located right across from the pool, was a jacuzzi suite. As soon as we walked in the room it had a terrible odor. Almost a mold smell with smoke smell. I had a headache all night, didn't sleep well, got up and left right after breakfast which we ate about 7am. Right above the window had water damage with a really bad patch job. The water in the shower never got hot, it was warm but not hot. Will not opt to stay there after this visit if I can help it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beachfan19
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello Beachfan19,

I'm very sorry you were so disappointed with your room during your visit. I can assure that this is not typical of all of our rooms. I have reviewed all of the information you gave us with our maintenance and housekeeping managers to determine what action to take to remedy the odor issues and hot water along with better repair the patch work. We can not improve without your comments and so I am truly thankful that you took the time to write this review. I hope you will give us another chance in the future, I am more than confident we will be able to regain your faith in our property.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ok, due to weather, I had to cancel my reservation, BUT, something happened prior to my non-stay. The day before, I had a voicemail from the hotel recognizing my IHG rewards status, and asking if there were any requests I had prior to my stay. I've never had that happen with any other IHG property, or any other travel provider, for that matter. Not sure when I'll be in the Bay City area again, but I'm pretty sure I know where I'd stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Thugsdaddy
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Hello Russ48103,

the team here was so glad to see how much you appreciated our call ahead initative. We've all been working very hard to deliver just a little something extra and new to our guests. I'm sorry that the Michigan weather prevented you from being able to stay with us this time but hope that you'll make it up here soon!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We just returned from a weekend spent in Bay City for a hockey tournament and we were so impressed that I felt I needed to write a review immediately upon our return home. Every employee was so polite and accommodating to us. Dawn was so helpful in setting up our room block for our team and answering my many questions, and everyone working the front desk was so polite and helpful. The express breakfast was perfect for our early mornings before the game and we were able to use the large eating area for team gatherings in the evening. The hotel is very clean and our room was in great condition! Everything appeared to be very new. We had a king suite which had a pullout couch and a small kitchenette area and the room overall was very spacious. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Familyfun21905
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hello familyfun21905,

It was great having you stay with us and we are all so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to your next tournament!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed one night, the night of the 4th at this hotel and the customer service, Tami, greeted us with a smile and checked us in quick. The first room we were in had not been cleaned. As I walked in I noticed the trash cans did not have bags in them, and the fridge still had food and drinks in it. We were ready for bed as soon as we got into the room and we pulled down the sheets and noticed the bed had hair all over it, immediately knowing the bed hadn't been washed or changed. I went down and was explaining the situation to Tami and very sincerely she apologized and gave me keys to another room. This room was the executive suite with the whirlpool bedside. The room was very clean and comfortable. The entire customer service staff was very polite and helpful, but if it wasn't for Tami, we most likely would not stay here again. Thanks to Tami, who cleared up the mistake of the dirty room, we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hello Leigh C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and of the excellent service Tammi was able to provide you during your visit! I am so sorry for the issue with your room when you first arrived and am glad you were able to enjoy our executive suite for the remainder of your visit. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel. I was greeted friendly at the front desk. The desk attendant told me if I needed anything that she would be there till 11pm. About 11:15pm, working at the desk in my room, the door opens and a couple starts to walk in. I said "Hello?" and they apologized and left. I should have probably followed-up with the front desk but just went to bed and crashed for the night (after locking me door :-)). The night was uneventful and I received a restful sleep.

The next morning, I did not receive a bill under my door. Stopping by the front desk, I spoke with the front desk agent and she apologized immediately for the mix-up. I told her it was fine and she appreciated me not getting too upset.

Even with that minor issue I would stay here again. The rooms were really clean (personal note from the house keeping staff in my room) and overall a good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Hello Hunterhersh,

Firstly, I am so sorry that you were disturbed during your stay with us! I assure this is not a typical issue that we have. However, in spite of that I am so glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your visit with us. We can't wait to have you stay with us again, glitch free next time.