“Nice accommodations”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Bath, Michigan
“Nice accommodations”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Room very clean staff very pleasant and accommodating.
Wind noise from the window was quite loud and annoying but not a deal breaker.
I hope they address that at some point though.
Breakfast area very clean and food well stocked.
Staff throughout the hotel were smiling and friendly.
Other that wind noise, room VERY quiet.
Parking easy and almost any spot was relatively close to the entrance.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank B G
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hello B G,

I'm so pleased you were able to enjoy your stay with us (except for the wind noise). We will be getting with our Maintenance team on how to resolve the issue this week. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us and for helping us improve!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
NW Ohio
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Everything you'd expect from a HEI.
Rooms clean; standard amenities; good, varied breakfast selection; front desk is competent and professional; location almost perfect for my needs.
What more did you want for this price?

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lewis D
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Hello Lewis D,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so happy we were able to meet all of your expectations and hope you will be able to visit with us again soon!
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was an excellent hotel. The beds are comfy and the shower was hot. The sink has a mixer valve to prevent scalding and it was not adjusted properly. So the sink had lukewarm water. The breakfast was done well. Thank you for the good stay.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank P B
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hello P B,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay!
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Had a great stay at this Holiday Inn, Check in was very smooth and quick and the room clean. All staff I encountered were very polite and helpful and housekeeping did a good job with requests. Breakfast was good, with the style of egg being changed daily as to provide some variety. Only complaint about this hotel would be the climate control. It seemed that there was a constant cold breeze coming from under the heating unit, and that it was very hard to maintain a temperature in the room as it was either too hot or too cold in the room and there seemed to be no happy medium. Would defenitly visit this hotel again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kyle B
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello Kyle B,

I'm very sorry that you had issues with temp control. It sounds like there may have been a vent open that allowed cold air into your room. I have assigned my maintenance team to go through our Jacuzzi suites to verify that these are all shut tight to prevent any breeze from entering. However, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. Thank you so much for visiting us!
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Front service desk was great to work with! Check out was a breeze! Breakfast was fair! Typical hot breakfast! Issue was with our room! the room was located right across from the pool, was a jacuzzi suite. As soon as we walked in the room it had a terrible odor. Almost a mold smell with smoke smell. I had a headache all night, didn't sleep well, got up and left right after breakfast which we ate about 7am. Right above the window had water damage with a really bad patch job. The water in the shower never got hot, it was warm but not hot. Will not opt to stay there after this visit if I can help it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beachfan19
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Hello Beachfan19,

I'm very sorry you were so disappointed with your room during your visit. I can assure that this is not typical of all of our rooms. I have reviewed all of the information you gave us with our maintenance and housekeeping managers to determine what action to take to remedy the odor issues and hot water along with better repair the patch work. We can not improve without your comments and so I am truly thankful that you took the time to write this review. I hope you will give us another chance in the future, I am more than confident we will be able to regain your faith in our property.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ok, due to weather, I had to cancel my reservation, BUT, something happened prior to my non-stay. The day before, I had a voicemail from the hotel recognizing my IHG rewards status, and asking if there were any requests I had prior to my stay. I've never had that happen with any other IHG property, or any other travel provider, for that matter. Not sure when I'll be in the Bay City area again, but I'm pretty sure I know where I'd stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thugsdaddy
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Hello Russ48103,

the team here was so glad to see how much you appreciated our call ahead initative. We've all been working very hard to deliver just a little something extra and new to our guests. I'm sorry that the Michigan weather prevented you from being able to stay with us this time but hope that you'll make it up here soon!
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We just returned from a weekend spent in Bay City for a hockey tournament and we were so impressed that I felt I needed to write a review immediately upon our return home. Every employee was so polite and accommodating to us. Dawn was so helpful in setting up our room block for our team and answering my many questions, and everyone working the front desk was so polite and helpful. The express breakfast was perfect for our early mornings before the game and we were able to use the large eating area for team gatherings in the evening. The hotel is very clean and our room was in great condition! Everything appeared to be very new. We had a king suite which had a pullout couch and a small kitchenette area and the room overall was very spacious. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Familyfun21905
leilani s, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hello familyfun21905,

It was great having you stay with us and we are all so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We look forward to your next tournament!