“Good Friendly Service”
Review of Bay Motel

Bay Motel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My Husband and I was in town for a few days was looking for a nice homey motel to stay at, We came across Bay Motel and decided to check it out, The manager was very friendly and very informative on the area and local events. The room that we stayed in was very clean and had a homey kind of sense. The one thing I like the most about this motel is there is no smoking in any of the rooms. If you want a good price and a homey feeling with good friendly service I highly recommend the Bay Motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This Motel is, we were told by locals, used as a half way house. Bay City has none. As a matter of fact, most hotels on Euclid St. are used for this purpose. Unless you are totally desperate like we were, stay clear of this street.
We pulled into town at 10pm, this was our second day of 1500 miles.We were very tired.
From the outside it looks clean and tidy. We were greeted by the manager in her bare feet. She was very nice and asked us to see the room first before we made up our mind as if she knew we didn't belong there or lost our way.We took it with much trepidation and angst because we were exhausted, trying to be cheap and didn't know our way around town to find something else so late at night. There was alot of construction and detours in the city. Our Room was smelly(old smoke) and dirty, as in, dirty walls, curtains, carpets and furnishings. I bring disinfectant spray and Febreze when I travel and still couldn't get smell out.Fortunately I bring my own sheets and pillows, which we place over motel linens not removing anything. The cooling system is a window unit attached in a wall and someone on the other side of the intake was smoking and it was going right into our room . It was so loud we could not hear ourselves talk or the TV either. The radiator in restroom was rotted by rust.Only handsoap.The Hair dryer didn't work. We had an antiquated very small 1 cubit fridge. We did have a flat screen tv which is why we had to pay more for the room. It was lighted with florescent bulbs with cords hanging openly. There is supposed to be no smoking in the rooms so patrons are all seated outside to smoke.The Manager's daughter lives on premises(manager pointed out her room and told us who lived there) and her and her boyfriend smoked right in front of our door not their own door. It seeped into room. By the way, she is the one who gave the only good review for this place. I saw her face. For one week it was 179. We came in on sat and paid for two days to give us time to find something else it was 100$ for 2 days we were told it was because it was the weekend. Needless to say we only lasted the night.To heck with 50 bucks. We hightailed it out of there at 7 am to find the God send of a hotel which is my next review. We will not be cheap again, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank RoseFan4Life
Reviewed 10 September 2013

These guys at Bay Motel in Bay City, MI were great. The people in the office were quick and polite. The noise level was very reasonably low, especially for the weekend. And the price was right in our budget, much less than most of the other local places that we know for a fact did not offer nearly as nice of an experience. We've stayed at other motels in the area and I can tell you from now on when we come in to town we are going to make sure to visit the website and book our room in advance, so that we know we get the same quality experience each time. :)

Room Tip: Most of the motels we've stayed in had older televisions and hard matrices, which some will try...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I came to stay here because the lady on the phone was so nice and friendly but once inside the room I seen that the rooms was in poor shape handiwork was cobbled up and felt unsafe the front desk clerk was very nice and helpful and if not for this employee I would have not stayed the owner was rude disrespectful to his employee who was the reason I came in the first place do not go there why spend money with a man who treats our citizens and his employees with disrespect he would not belittle me like th#t

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I tried to over look the short comings of this motel as we only needed it to sleep. However once the frebreze wore off the place stank, the taps in the tub leaked and the face plate for the register had fallen off. We had to open a window to let some fresh air in. The place is old and run down with a lot of signs it has seen better days. After returning late on the second night there were no clean towels and nobody had been in the place since we left in the morning. It wasn't that they were booked solid, in fact there were only half a dozen rooms rented on a long weekend. There was a lot of road noise as we had to leave the window open and I could hear aloud bang every once in awhile during the night maybe the boiler or something. Needless to say we will not be back. Spend a few more dollars and avoid this dump which isn't cheap after they stack on the 5%tax and the11% lodging fee.

Room Tip: If we stayed in one of the better rooms I hate to see the rest of them. ?The photos are miss leading...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martyhopps
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I came to town and stayed for the weekend. The motel room was ugly but it was clean and the lady who ran the place was nice. I asked alot of questions such as places to eat and night life and she was very helpful. The rooms could use updating but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antonio a
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I with our crew have stayed here several times, and everything has been great, the people are very friendly, Tina was great, even allowed us to use her personal grill so we could all cook out over the weekend. We will continue to come here as long as she is here. And I just love her dog, he is such a sweetie. The hotel is an older building, but everything was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Everyone in our crew has started considering it as their second home. Thank you Tina, we will keep returning as long as you are here :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business