“Awesome place to stay!!!!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Caldwell, Idaho
“Awesome place to stay!!!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here for a week and staff was very professional and very courteous! The hotel is very clean! Our room was so nice and comfortable! With staying a week it was so nice to have a fridge and microwave in our room we also had an iron and ironing board, Breakfast is amazing and such a wonderful variety and cookies and popcorn in the afternoon! When I come back to Bay City I will stay again! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 10 September 2013

After leaving Saginaw with our prior stop at the Terrible Motel 6 (we did not even spend the night, saw the room and attempted to get our money back, see my other reviews for more details if needed), we ventured north to this location.

The staff was extremely friendly, everything was clean, and we decided due to our troubles at the prior attempted resting spot we would upgrade to the room with the hot tub. This was well worth the extra 15 dollars! the room was very clean, very nice!, everything worked, no strange smells or dirt found. We both forgot our deodorant, so I ventured down to the desk to see where I could find some locally as this location is sort of distant from any businesses, it was provided to us on the house!

The next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which was actually really good for a hotel without a full kitchen!

If we are in the area, we will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: spend the extra on the room with the hot tub (if you have time to enjoy it). You will not regret the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jordan F
GMBayCity, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Jordan F:

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy you were impressed with your experience at the AmericInn Bay City. The staff works hard to ensure all guests are provided with a great experience because we know our hotel's success depends entirely on guest satisfaction. The hotel does sit on the West side of I75 which can make it seem like it is out-of-the way. It is great for quiet nights and still quite close to many conveniences. For future reference, within 1/2 mile (the opposite side of the expressway) there are 3 restaurants as well as a Meijer Store. Downtown Bay City is a quick 5 mile drive. Thanks again for taking time to review our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!
Michigan
Reviewed 9 September 2013

If you are looking for fun and excitement, the AmericInn is not for you. However, if you are looking for a reasonably priced, clean, comfortable, quiet hotel, this is the place. This hotel sits among farm fields, which is fine because that is one reason that it is so quiet. The grounds are okay, not bad, but not special. The hotel building is nice. Inside, an inviting lobby leads to the front desk where friendly, helpful, professional staff members will quickly check you in.

Be forewarned; this two-story hotel does not have an elevator, so if you have a lot of baggage, or difficulty with stairs, ask for a room on the first floor. I had no such problems. The common spaces of the hotel and my room were very clean. I only noticed one stain on the corridor carpet on the second floor. The room was large and comfortable. The bed was nice. Free wireless wi-fi is included, as is hot breakfast. The breakfast starts at 6:00 a.m. (Thank you) and featured scrambled or hard-boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, baked goods and breakfast drinks. It wasn’t the best breakfast, but it is far from the worst.

The one aspect of this hotel that really stood out and was much appreciated was its quietness. The hotel provides rules upon checking in and one rule is hotel quiet hours between 10:00 pm and 12 am. Once I was in my room, I never even heard another guest, even though the ice machine was across the hallway from my room.

The one complaint that I have, and this is not unique to this hotel; is that the shower head is located at a height of 5 feet 7 inches. I checked and the average height of Americans, which is 5 feet 9 inches for males and 5 feet 6 inches for females. So placing a shower head at 5 feet 7 inches means that it will be located below the top of more than half of the Americans. I know this may seem like an odd complaint, however at 6 feet tall, the shower head was five inches below the top of my head, which does not make showing easy. I realize that this is unlikely to change.

The price is reasonable. Would I like to pay less? Sure. But I’ve stayed at much worse hotels for more money; so this AmericInn gets five stars in my book. This is the second AmericInn at which I have stayed, and both were nice, comfortable and clean with professional, friendly staffs. Good job.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the building opposite the pool are very quiet. No elevator means having to carry...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tawas City, Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My son and I stayed at AmericInn while school shopping and found the hotel to be very clean, the staff extremely friendly and helpful. It is located close to the main shopping area in Bay City, so that was great too. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. The pool area was also very clean and the water temperature in the pool was great. My son enjoyed it very much. The breakfast was very good, a lot to choose from and the hot food was hot. We are looking forward to staying there again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was my first time staying at an AmericInn and I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were very clean and comfortable - in room coffee maker, fridge, microwave...everything you would need was there. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have seen - anywhere. Everything was fresh and well stocked. More choices than any other hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing that was less than perfect was the signal of the internet. I will definitely choose this hotel the next time I am in Bay City, Michigan!!

3 Thank fancydancer33
GMBayCity, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed our hotel and can't wait to see you back. We will check into the internet signal issue you had and determine how we can improve it. We have worked hard refreshing our hotel. Your compliments are appreciated. Safe traveling!
Blythewood, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. The room we were assigned had a problem with our key cards not working well; the desk clerk made sure we were able to get into our room then, within minutes, called and offered us an upgraded room for the rest of our stay. Our room was clean and had all the amenities. Breakfast was good; we figured we would otherwise have paid at least $20 for a similar breakfast for the two of us. Even though the hotel is at the edge of the city, it is within minutes of the Bay City Mall, WalMart, and lots of places to eat. If you don't want to go out to eat, ask at the front desk for menus for places that deliver food to the hotel - there are choices for that as well. (We had a pizza, salad, and soft drinks delivered - really good!) My husband would have appreciated some kind of exercise equipment to use but otherwise we very much enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try the whirlpool suite! The jacuzzi was a real treat after a day of exploring all Bay City has to o...
1 Thank Lynnette M
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here to see the Tall Ships. This hotel is right off the expressway, but is at the very edge of the city, so it has a country feel and is quiet. A variety of restaurants, and a Meijers are close by. The staff was very nice and the room was CLEAN and comfortable. Breakfast is included and had many choices. The only thing needed is a larger sign showing where to turn to get to the hotel. We went through the church parking lot and came in the "back" way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple