“AmericInn Bay City MI”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have stayed at several other establishments in the AmericInn chain, and have always been favorably impressed by the quality, comfort and attention to detail in each and every hotel. This particular one in Bay City was an exception, notably due to card keys that would not work, unrelenting noise and lack of internet connection. I discussed my concerns with the duty manager at checkout. She acknowledge the shortcomings and graciously adjusted my bill, assuring me that she was vitally interested in ensuring the hotel meet company standards.
I do plan to continue choosing the AmericInn brand whenever possible. My negative experience at this particular establishment was probably circumstantial.

Room Tip: Ask if the WiFi is operational when you make a reservation. Double check if there is a connection at...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Franco1938
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Franco1938:

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are sorry your opinion of our hotel was not positive. Our recent $600,000 interior renovation project has been pleasing to the majority of our guests. In fact we have had great feedback from most who compliment on it's freshness and comfort. I am also sorry that a thunderstorm disabled the internet in the geographic area where we are located for a few hours during your stay. In speaking with the vendor (Charter Communications), service outings during storms are something they are still attempting to overcome. Regarding your key/door lock. When the desk staff person contacted me during your stay to explain your numerous complaints, I was told you were escorted to your room and when demonstrating the lock operation to you, the locked functioned properly. As your stay ended without incurring any charges, I hope you have concluded that we take guest satisfaction very seriously. The entire staff is very proud of the product and guest service we consistently offer to our many satisfied and returning guests.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

nice place. it was clean and everyone I dealt with was very nice. It was humid in the hallway but room wasn't. I am not sure what was up with the hallway. They had a fan blowing down the hallway and it was just humid. overall the place was clean the breakfast area was clean and I didn't manage to get down there until around 9:45 and there was stuff still there and they were filling stuff that was empty. If you need a hotel in the area and your looking. This is the one you pick. NIN

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
1  Thank Randall K

Dear Randall K:

The entire staff appreciates your staying with us and sharing your experience about our hotel with others. We are pleased we were able to provide you with a great guest experience. Thank you for the comments as guest feedback is a very important resource for helping us maintain and improve our hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night with my young daughter. First off, the place is clean and well situated near several highways. The 24/7 hot beverage self-service in the lobby is a nice touch and the pool and hot tub are small but nice. The physical place is utilitarian and generic, so the whole vibe comes from the staff (nice) and the clientele (real mixed bag).

We enjoyed an early day swim but when we went back around dinner time the pool area had been taken over by the large, loud group of "adults" who had spent the rest of the day sitting out on their lawn chairs smoking and drinking in the parking lot (nice touch). They continued to drink poolside and to dive into the shallow pool which made it a little daunting for my daughter (they were all pretty hefty and loud). I asked staff to enforce the posted no alcohol rule in the pool, but was told they could drink all they wanted from plastic bottles. Kind of spoiled the peaceful family vibe I was hoping for. Made what is probably a nice place seem like a trashy place . I would have considered staying an extra night but I didn't want to work around the partiers again so we were on our way. Breakfast was decent.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mimispetals
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mimispetals:

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and let us know about your experience. I am very sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable by other guests while using the pool area. I am especially sorry that you informed the staff and appropriate action was not taken. Please be assured that this is not our standard.

We welcome all guests and our clientele ranges from families to business travelers. While mistakes can happen, we consistently score very high on our customer satisfaction appraisals. I do hope you will consider giving us another try should you come back through Bay City and I thank you for providing information which I can incorporate into further staff improvement training.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying one night at the hotel. The front lobby was warm and inviting. When we walked on the front door fresh cookies had just been removed from the oven. Giving the lobby a wonderful aroma. Our room was very neat, clean and felt like a five-star accommodations. This hotel is also the lowest price of the major three in the area. Make it your stop for a night's rest before going anywhere else.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan W

Dear Jan W:

Thank you for recognizing our hotel in this forum. Guest feedback is of vital importance and we work hard every day to provide a guest experience which is welcoming and encouraging of repeat visits. We are glad you found our newly renovated interior pleasing and enjoyed the welcoming cookies. Please travel safe this summer season.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel and my stay was just as nice this time around. Room was always clean, breakfast was good and the staff was friendly and very willing to help, especially Shannon. A great hotel and the price was reasonable. I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Irishi:

We thank you for your repeat business and continued feedback regarding our hotel. While you often get feedback regarding mistakes, it is so nice to hear positive feedback, especially about specific staff members. Your kind words are certainly deserved by Shannon who continually puts the guest first! Enjoy your summer.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I travel to this area a lot for work, and this place is a hidden gem. Great location, right off I-75 at Wilder Road in Bay City, and close to Bay City, Saginaw and Midland.

Rooms are spotless. So nice and clean, I wish my house was this clean! Everything seems brand new, extremely quiet rooms, nice pool, refrigerator and microwave, and complimentary beverages up front. Free breakfast in the morning. Love the nice big easy chair and ottoman, great work area/desk, and lots of tv channels.

I will be returning OFTEN to this place. As someone who usually only stays at Hilton properties, its nice to find something that has the quality and service without the price tag. Very convenient to the local colleges, and all 3 major business areas in the tricity area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear OntargetLisa:

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We work hard everyday to provide a great guest experience. We know we have done our job when a guest says they will stay with us again. We look forward to your future visits. Travel safe!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. The staff was super friendly. They were baking fresh, complimentary cookies as we were checking in. The beds were super comfy and everyone in our party had a great nights sleep. They advertised in the room information that the rooms used newer soundproofing construction and they weren't kidding. We didn't hear a peep from anyone. I was very pleased with the hot breakfast that was offered since that saved us eating out. There was plenty to choose from to keep everyone happy. Cereal, boiled eggs, assorted yogurts, fresh fruit, homemade waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, burrito fixings and the typical danishes and muffins. I will definitely stay there again if the need ever arises.

Room Tip: The whole stay was perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Billie Z
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Billie Z:

It was nice meeting you during your stay. Thank you for your business. Our housekeeping staff takes real pride in the product they provide our guests. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. Enjoy the rest of your summer travels and we look forward to your return visit.