“Best Americinn Stay Yet!”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
Slinger, Wisconsin
“Best Americinn Stay Yet!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I'm on the road nearly every week staying in hotels 3-4 nights every trip. I frequent Americinns because of their generous rewards programs and affordability but have stayed at 5 star hotels as well. This was the first time it felt like I was at a 5 star hotel with Americinn on the sign! They lived up to their usual standards of affordability while not sacrificing service. Great wifi connection and top notch cleanliness. However, what made this experience truly one of a kind was the customer service provided by Amanda, the front desk attendant.

Her genuine kindness and desire to please were outstanding! Traveling frequently can get tiring but somehow she made this place feel like home. She was knowledgeable and professional but treated me like a friend. She possessed an intangible quality that I rarely encounter in customer service; she actually seems to care about her customers.

Seriously, Americinn. You should promote this employee to manager or at least give her a raise. You can't buy the type of character this employee exemplified. I will continue to stay with Americinns around the country in hopes that they live up to this experience. Thanks Americinn and Amanda for my home away from home!

God bless,

Jake

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JWagnerToG
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Jake:

Traveling so often can certainly be challenging. We are glad we were able to make your stay with us a pleasant one and look forward to your return visits. At AmericInn we believe "It's About Being A Good Neighbor". Our entire staff is focused on providing a welcoming environment where our guests feel at home. Thank you for your business and for letting others know about your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This is my third time staying at this Americiin. I didn't think they could improve on what it was before...but they have! This is all anyone would ever want in a hotel. Pool, weight room, fridge, microwave, coffee maker - whatever it takes to make you happy is here. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. ....and then there's the breakfast - it was the best I'd seen in my travels before - and they went and made it better! Two sizes of waffle makers - with fruit and whipped cream to put on them....the fixin's for breakfast burritos! Eggs, sausage, biscuits and anything else you would want. This is a FREE breakfast!! It's awesome!! I will be back in Bay City at least two more times this year....guess where I am staying!!! :-)

Room Tip: There is no elevator - so if stairs are a problem ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fancydancer33
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Fancydancer:

We are always glad to see your repeat visits! Remember to take advantage of AmericInn's frequent stay program Easy Rewards. This is the only rewards program that pays cash for stays. Ten points equals $40 cash or $75 room voucher. We know you work hard and choose carefully where you stay, and we want you to know – we appreciate you.
Detroit
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It's set in a nice quiet area. Pretty view of small pond from my window. Staff was very sweet. Had a problem with internet access, and had to resolve it myself.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Jimmie:

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated as it helps us improve all guest experiences. We are fortunate to have such a responsive and caring staff and I am happy you were impressed.

Sometimes there are issues we are unaware of. I do apologize about the issue you experienced with the internet access. Internet access is an important guest amenity and we make a continued investment in this amenity to ensure guests have it available. Part of this investment is 27/7 telephone support. I appreciate you letting me know about the lack of follow up when you contacted the support service. I will personally look into this to help us in avoiding this situation again.

Travel safe and we hope to see you again soon.
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed with a baseball team at the end of July. I cant say enough about the hospiltality of the staff. Sharon gets a BIG kudos as she was very friendly and accomadating to our group. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear RMC1717:

We were glad to host your team during your tournament experience in Bay City. I know you traveled some distance, thus I am happy we were able to make your stay a pleasing one. Good luck with your team's future schedule and we hope to see you again should you make it back to Bay City!
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Forgive me for being prejudice, but this hotel is my second home. For over 5 years, I have been frequenting this establishment, not for the rooms, but for the hospitality and pool.

This hotel is very community oriented. They have an open swim and often rent their conference room not only to groups for meetings, but birthday parties and such. I found this place to be an awesome place to come swim. Located off I-75, it is an easy place to find, but not in the busiest parts of town, so it's quiet. The staff are very accommodating and especially now, as I bring my father to swim and exercise in the pool for his Parkinson's disease. He is able to maneuver and soak in the hot tub after I take him to the local gym next door to work his failing muscles. The hotel partnered with the gym offering their members a discounted rate on swimming. Thank you for offering this Americinn Hotel and Suites.

This hotel was recently COMPLETELY renovated, from the pool to the furniture and mattresses in the rooms. Presently, the exterior is being painted and it looks great! The rooms were always comfortable and clean. The Jacuzzi room, our children spent their honeymoon in. There's a hot breakfast and coffee and fresh baked cookies served most anytime of the day. The lobby is a big living room where you may find people watching TV, visiting or playing a game of cards. The hotel is close by local eateries, shopping and,.......It's just a few miles from the Bay City Recreation Area.

So, if you happen to stop by and see Dad and me in the pool, come join us,....the water's fine!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kelly P
Michael S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bay City, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear KellyP:

Your review is appreciated by the entire AmericInn Bay City team. There is an old saying that all business is local. We are proud that not only travelers from afar visit us but that guests from our own town find our hotel a great place to visit. We are grateful that we have amenities which can assist our older citizens with mobility as they find a need to change exercise regiments or just have a have a desire to get some recreation in during a particular day. We are always happy to see you.
Mt Pleasant, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

good location, convenient to the tri cities, indoor pool, nice, well attended breakfast, lounge area, coffee, fridge, micro in room, used the ironing board-iron and blow dryer. i would give a good recommendation foe a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

2 Thank Steve L
Dear Steve L.:

Taking time to share your thoughts about our hotel is one of our best resources for setting service standards. Your feedback is valuable and appreciated. We look forward to serving your lodging needs again. Travel safe!
Michigan
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed here for 3 days for our anniversary and baby-moon. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the room was amazing, we got the jacuzzi room and it was wonderful, everything was very clean and room was quite and relaxing. pool was also clean and breakfast was hot and delicious. overall very pleased and we will be back again!!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room is amazing, and the 2nd floor is very quite.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edward S
Dear Edward S.:

We are happy you and your wife were able to have an enjoyable getaway. Your thoughtful insights about your experience provide a great compliment to our staff. We are especially thankful that you would stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Bay City. Enjoy the rest of your summer and thank you for your review.