“Affordable Amazing Coney Island Style Food!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zef's Coney Island Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 174 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: American
Midland, Michigan, United States
“Affordable Amazing Coney Island Style Food!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

For over 10 years now I've been trying to find a place that has great gyros and chili cheese fries. The kind I miss from my youth. I've only ever gotten this when visiting a Coney Island in Detroit and nothing else compares. Now there is ONE and only ONE place in the Tri Cities that has all the things I’ve been looking for. Fresh, hot, nostalgic, good portions and AFFORDABLE Coney Island classic food! The Service was welcoming and attentive. The diner style decor wasn't anything special but I could care less when it came time to eat. The food was traditional, full of flavor and stayed warm. I will definitely make the trip and probably become a regular!

• Visited October 2013

“Coney dog”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here many times but yesterday I went with the daily special for 7.99$ (chicken and ribs) it was great. I love there coney dogs too . The service is a little rough. It is run by a family who fears teaching their employees how to run the cash register. Its family owned so its unique every time you go there. It is good home cooking.

• Visited October 2013
Winter Haven
“Nice for a change of pace”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Went with a brother, the food was good and the service good. One issue, as I walked in I could smell an odor, my brother could not. It was strong to the right as you came in the door the farther left it went away. It was like a, sorry to say, urinal cake smell. By the end of the lunch my brother could finally smell it. Don't know if it was due to a leak or wet area that had not dried, but somethng that will make me think twice to going. The food is good, but I think they need to seriously look at the cleaning of the booths or floors on the right side coming in the door.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank WinterHavenPeppers
“Superb breakfasts!”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had a very large party (sixteen including four small children) and they were very quickly able to accommodate us. Service was prompt and friendly. The food was fantastic and very tasty. You'll find a great deal here for their breakfasts. No one went away hungry or dissatisfied. I've not tried lunch here, but I'd like to the next time I'm in town.

• Visited July 2013
Bay City, Michigan
“Old Time Coney Joint”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I kind of like this place. There is nothing fancy about it, not its food, but it serves a basic need for comfort food and a relaxed setting. The coneys are smothered, so you eat them with fork and knife as it would be just too messy to pick up by hand. Salads are large and fresh. We go here often after church on Sunday.

Visited November 2012