“Best Coneys in Bay City and a pretty good Breakfast too...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zef's Coney Island Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 183 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner and all have been very good. Western omelet for breakfast with well-cooked American fries. Lunch was their famous Detroit style Coney dogs (99 cents on Tuesdays at the moment) I had a perch dinner on a Friday with light batter and a ton of perch. Prices are average along with the décor. It is a greasy spoon but pretty good for Bay City. I would return.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

When they first opened i thought the food was great! My fave was the downtowner. Corned beef with slaw. My husband loved the coneys. Stopped for lunch today. One word- gross. Nothing, and I mean nothing was hot. I ordered a small biscuit and gravy (breakfast served all day) for my one year old daughter, let's just say it was room temp off the bat so she didnt even have to wait to eat it. My sandwich tasted NOTHING like I've had in the past. It had two slices of meat on it, with so much runny slaw that after five mins was wet and no longer edible- unless I wanted to test my gag reflex. My husbands hot dogs were subpar. Cold coney sauce. I notified our waitress that my food was bad. She offered another but I politely declined. The restaurant did take 3 dollars off my meal. The waitress told me that maybe i should order something different next time. As if i just didn't like what I ordered! I told her that in all the times I have been there I order the same. The service sucked the food sucked. Needless to say, I left there establishment hungry, and disappointed i wasted money. We won't ever be going back. It's too bad. It was good at one time.

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The service was nice, food was good, value was good. Turkey sauage not so good. You do get a large portion for your money. I can see this being a regular stop for locals for breakfast.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Our second visit and nothing has changed. Rather boring atmosphere nothing special. Took a while to get a server. Order was taken and drinks were brought. Coffee very weak. Hot chocolate good. Order came after about 10 minutes. Wifes French toast was barely warm. my breakfast came but they forgot the toast. Onion rings came but only warm. Forgot the Chili. Waited about 10 more minutes and asked another server to help. Finally got everything served and rewarmed. No offer from staff to offer any consideration for the poor service. Wont be back.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

The breakfast was vey good and made from scratch, large portion and good value. Would go back if we returned to area.

'