“Good food and reasonable prices”

Mussel Beach Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Bay City
Cuisines: American
Description: (989)686-0575
Description: (989)686-0575
“Good food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Best onion rings I've ever had. Fresh cut and delicious. Coney dog was good, made with a very meaty coney sauce. Stuffed cheeseburger was good, but just a cheeseburger.

I will definitely be back and bring friends.

Columbiaville, Michigan, United States
“Excellent icecream!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

Biked from the State Park Campground and ordered cones for the whole family. Very generous portions of hand-dipped and soft-serve. The workers took care and pride, the soft-serve cone was skillfully formed... The single was eight inches over the top of the cone and perfectly tapered so there was no fear of tipping. I look forward to returning to try out the restaurant.

1 Thank Devotedtoad
“Fun eatery”
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

After reading a magazine article we had to try this little drive inn. The stuffed cheese burger was great and the fries were hand cut. The onion rings were the best. I watched them cut the onion right before they fried them, can't get any fresher. Fun place with great homemade food and good service. We would go back, you should give it a try if you are in the area!

Bryson City, North Carolina
“Busy place...great ice cream!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Every time I drove by, there was a line of people waiting to get served. I finally discovered why when I stopped for a ice cream cone...the ice cream was very, very good (and the prices reasonable). However, beware...the size is deceiving. A single is 2 scoops of ice cream...a double is 3 scoops (a baby is 1 scoop). I didn't read the sign very well (too busy trying to figure out what flavor I wanted)...so I was "forced" to eat 3 scoops (tough job, but somebody had to do it).

Visited July 2012
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,388 helpful votes
“Came by for the 1st time in years...so glad we did....”
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We read about and heard about the coney dogs being in the top 5 in the state, on the local news station, as well as the article in the local paper. We drove by twice, and they had throngs of diners waiting in line, so we left. Now that some time has passed, we figured if we went early on a weekday evening we'd have no crowd to deal with, and I was right. They had several tables full of diners, and so we chose to sit outside at one of their picnic tables. They also have a number of benches to sit on while having your ice cream. Small parking lot.

We both had a Coney Dog with shredded cheese, onions and mustard. Wow, were they good! One order of onion rings was enough for two, and they, too, were so good--fried perfectly! We did not get any I e cream but will on another visit soon! Total for 2 Coney Dogs, one onion ring, and 2 pops was 11.62. Well worth it.

Dining room is very small, lots of room outside. Bathrooms were clean. Service was so-so. Several young workers walked right by us several times without greeting us, didn't even stop to answer our question they clearly heard. They were too busy chatting. After a good 10 minute wait, someone took our order and was very friendly. Still will return for sure!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank tymetraveler222

Been to Mussel Beach Drive-In? Share your experiences!