“Try a local brew”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Traveling on business and staying at the hotel down the street. Downtown Bay City looks like a ghost town and this restaurant blends in to the surroundings from the outside, but it was well worth the stop. Great food - the black bean burger had great flavor and texture; asparagus side was cooked perfectly. Taps were 1/2 off and they had many mid-west micro-brews to try. The restaurant is bright and pleasant. There was one large group at a nearby table that was very loud, but it was nice to see people enjoying a night out. I can't wait to try the grilled cheese with mushrooms and the fried green bean appetizer.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We were in town for a gymnastics meet and we walked here from our hotel. Excellent from start to finish. Meatloaf cheddar grilled cheese, Boursin cheese fritters, and Mac and cheese all outstanding. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stopped here with my parents on our way through town. It's easy to overlook. When we first entered, it seemed really loud, but that must have been the echoes from the hallway. It wasn't all that noisy once we were seated at our table. We had the fried green beans as an appetizer. The dip was a bit sparse, but the waitress happily brought us more. My parents both had the turkey burger and said it was good. My dad was impressed with the BBQ cole slaw. I had the mushroom and swiss grilled cheese on sourdough. It was superb! The bread was crispy and crunchy, but the inside was gooey and melty. Perfect! The garlic mayo was a delicious touch to make the sandwich complete. The sweet potato fries were also very good. I'm not a beer drinker, but they have an extensive selection of craft beers. My mom wanted a beer and asked the waitress, "What do you have on tap?" The waitress replied, "You'd better look at the menu. We have 45 beers on tap. We'd be happy to get you a sample of any of them." My mom was a little taken aback by this and ended up just getting a bottled beer, so I can't comment on the beer. I will definitely be coming back. This is a great place to eat, and I congratulate the owners on bringing a sophisticated, stylish establishment to Bay City.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We drove by the first time because it looked like an abandoned building. After we drove around town and decided to go to a restaurant next door we realized the place was open! Thank goodness we went in because it was delicious. I had the 50/50 burger. Soooo good. My mom had the Chicken and Dumpling Special which was also delicious. Needless to say, we did not need doggie bags:) if you have the chance stop in. Even though it looks closed from the outside once you step in, it is a modern unique place. You'll love it!

1  Thank Dap0711
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Currently my favorite restaurant in Bay City. Their menu features a nice selection of gourmet comfort food, and they have an excellent selection of microbrews on tap. Our waitress told us they make everything from scratch, nothing is purchased frozen and reheated (thank God). I like the salmon burger, the turkey burger and our course the green bean fries. They have some very good specials, and a good happy hour on the weekdays when you can get half price drafts and appetizers. Service is always very good. My only concern is that they are very popular and sometime too busy... I hope they don't let their success go to their head, seen that happen way too often.