“Just "ok"”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The food wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special either. The dinning area is small enough you can reach out and take food of the person's table next to you. If you want to try to make the "scene" with other yuppies this is the place for you.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My daughter and I stopped by the Kitchen during a fierce rainstorm, arriving completely drenched. We asked for very hot coffee and it was served almost instantly. We sampled the poivre burger, a black-pepper-crusted patty with personal selection of toppings. My daughter skipped the bun, so the meat was lettuce-wrapped. This was quite good, spicy but not over-bearing. I had the Kitchen's "staple" burger, asked, and received heavy pickles. The burger was pretty good, maybe just a tad overcooked. Also sampled were the thin-cut sweet potatoes fries, like eating a hot chip with some zing. While the food was very good, the service was exceptional. The atmosphere is comfortable, a bit eclectic, but not snobby. We look forward to a second visit in dry clothes!

2  Thank Kay M
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Recently stopped here to eat after the Cool City Car Show. Cool atmosphere. Service is second to none. We were there for lunch with my son and grandson. We had a couple craft beers that were fantastic. One was some kind of vanilla porter and it was great. I had their coney dogs with French fried green beans. Wow!!! To die for. Everyone was more than pleased. To quote Arnold, "I'll be back". Nice place.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place has great fresh burgers with amazing ingredients. The atmosphere is very modern and they have outdoor seating as well. Love coming here!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are so glad American Kitchen opened here. This is one of our favorite places to meet and eat. It is not fancy but you feel comfortable with what ever you are wearing. The food is great. A huge selection of burgers. I haven't had a bad one. Love all of the grilled cheese sandwiches as well. Great selection of beer and wine. Upscale meets Bay City.