“Good choice if you're in the Bay City area”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Bay City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed here last weekend and the hotel was pretty busy with pagents, dance competition and a wedding. I requested an early check it, however it wasn't guarenteed. I was very happy when I arrived early and my room was ready for me. Check in was very fast and very pleasant. The room was very clean and the bathroon was spacious. The room could have been a tad bit bigger, but it provided your standard double beds, flat screen TV, desk and chair. The location was great if you have need somewhere to stay in Bay City.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
LeslieThompson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thank you so much for you great review, we definitely appreciate your positive feedback.
Please send me an email in advance if you plan on staying at the Doubletree Hotel Bay City Riverfront in the near future, I would love to have a tin of warm Doubletree Hotel cookies waiting for you.

Reviewed 18 February 2011

Stayed for one night on business in the area. Usually I stay in Midland but the only good hotel there was sold out and the Doubletree turned out to be a good alternative. I was greeted with smile, given a chocolate chip cookie and upgraded to a room overlooking the river (probably because I'm Silver elite). The hotel is well suited for business travelers, with a small business center for printing out boarding passes, free parking, free wired and wifi and a restaurant that serves until 10 pm (as does room service). The room was clean and spacious. There is a old fashioned TV cabinet in the room but inside was a flat screen TV as well as a microwave and small fridge, nice touches. I didn't get a chance to check out the gym or pool. It was a nice overnight stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 February 2011

I travel a lot and the Doubletree is a great choice if you're going to stay in the tri-city area. It's a full service hotel with a nice restaurant/bar, workout room and smallish pool/whirlpool. I've stayed here many, many, many times and it's always so (nicely) predictable. Clean, updated, reasonably upscale, nice efficient staff - and I'm a hotel snob.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
LeslieThompson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Reviewed 14 October 2010

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We were greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies, and a wonderful staff. Our room was clean, and we had a great view of the river. It wasn't a far drive from Frankenmuth.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
LeslieThompson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2010

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay- come in for a cookie anytime!!

Reviewed 12 October 2010

This is an excellent hotel and really the only nice quality place to stay if you are in Bay City. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and I did not hear any noise from adjacent rooms. There are some decent restaurants within walking distance. I would stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2010

We booked a riverfront room with AAAratings for a deal. The property is very well kept and managed. The room was spacious, clean, good bed, and wonderful view of the park and river. We did not have time to visit downtown and had dinner at the hotel which was not up to par. Prime rib special was a deal, but side dishes needed attention. Overall, with free parking and a great location, we would return for more of Bay City.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

We had been traveling throughout Michigan for 8 days and it was wonderful to finally stay at a hotel where everything was near perfect. The best was the quiet A/C, the pool and whirlpool. The hotel breakfast is definitely worth buying instead of going elsewhere. My husband and I both ordered off the menu and we were very pleased with the quality and amount of breakfast. This is our first time at a Double Tree and we look foward to staying at them again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Fairfield Inn Bay City
Fairfield Inn Bay City
#6 of 14 in Bay City
Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront? Share your experiences!